• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikachu Bair question

God_Mains_Pichu

Smash Rookie
I can't figure out how Pikachu's Bair fits into a competative level game. I'm sure it does, but it seems like it's too slow with only moderate damage and minimal knockback. The benefit of little to no knockback would normally be the potential for comboing, but there is too much delay afterwards to follow up with any attacks. QAC into it works some of the time, but all three of Pikachu's other airials seem like better choices.

Am I doing something wrong? How can I work Bair into my gameplay? Should I just avoid it?

thanks in advance for your help.

Spyckie

Smash Apprentice
bair is a great attack full hopped because there's no lag at the end. One of the things I use it for is if the opponent is on the ledge trying to get back up; shield, wait for the ledge hop and bair- it will eat through most of his moves and give good damage. To me, its the best anti-air attack, slightly better than upair because it catches people, requires less timing, and does more damage; I would use it against people above me coming down for an attack.

Remember to full hop it because that way there's no lag. Also, don't use it out of QAC - there's lots of lag with it from QAC.

It also has some major priority, so sometimes I'll just throw it out whenever...

iankobe

Smash Lord
Umm. Its a move only when you need to build up damage. Try using it out of shield. Even though we prefer Nair out of shield but try mixing it up.

Warriors

Smash Journeyman
Umm. Its a move only when you need to build up damage. Try using it out of shield. Even though we prefer Nair out of shield but try mixing it up.
I totally agree. If your opponent is behind you, use your bair, your nair will have a hard time reaching
try not to fastfall while using it

iankobe

Smash Lord
Bair acts kinda like Metaknight's whorenado too.

After the attack (if hits) your opponent most likely can't hurt you.

Nodrak

Smash Ace
minimal knockback.
Minimal knockback means it's good for combos. Besides it's a slow attack, gives you an extra second to think about what to do next and adds to an opponents frustration (they don't like getting hit more then once, even if it's what an attack does).

Top Bottom