• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Picturing people IRL based on their character

BBOY15

Smash Apprentice
Ever see what character someone plays as, either by playing against them or looking at their Smashboards post, and subconsciously start to picture them in real life? Think about this for a moment; how do picture people are, just based on their character? Here's my list:

Fox - Hardcore nerd. Lean-bodied.
Falco - This person is more of a geek than a nerd. Has some swag and muscles.
Ganondorf - Fun loving dude who laughs a lot. Plays smash almost purely for fun.
Link - This person is really social and is good at smash even though they don't play a ton. Also enjoys Magic The Gathering.
Marth - Tall 21 year old emo guy
Samus - Pretty chill personality in general. Fun to hang with.
Zero Suit Samus - Hardcore comic book and/or anime nerd.
Captain Falcon - This person is a geek but acts like a jock. They enjoy playing ultimate frisbee and football.
R.O.B. - Kind of quiet in personality. A good friend to have. More of a nerd than a geek.
Pit - This person gets frustrated easily.
Ike - Quite intelligent person that excels at everything they try.
Lucas - Pretty good at MMORPGs and gets the hang of new things quickly. Can be annoying at times.
Ness - Smart person with a passion to excel.

I might post more of these later when they come to my head. How do you picture people based on their character?

Edit:
Sonic - kid who plays with a Wii remote and gets mad when he can't wavedash.
Wario - Guy who always thinks he's funny but isn't
Meta Knight - Good at videogames and hates change. Wishes everyone stayed on Brawl.
Toon Link - A girl
Pikachu - An expert at everything for no apparent reason. They're constantly pulling trivial knowledge out of nowhere. Good with computers.
Kirby - goofy kid who plays with a Wii remote

Mario - Big fan of Nintendo and the Xbox 360. Enjoys every type of videogame except what they call "kid" stuff like animal crossing and harvest moon.
Luigi - Goofy person who doesn't take things seriously because they're so good at life that they don't need to. Clean shaven.
Olimar - Both a nerd and hipster. Has messy hair and big hands.
Peach - Internet addict that is also pretty social. Can't get off of Facebook.
Zelda - A wild card personality that is constantly changing interests.

Last edited:

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
Peach - queer
Sonic - aspie/furry/idiot/little kid
Mewtwo - asshole
Yoshi - same as Sanic, maybe nicer haha
Mario - nice guy
ROB - egotist
Roy - person who owns a sword irl
Link - cool
Sheik - cool
ZSS - baby
G&W - always wrong

God this thread is ********.

Foo

Smash Lord
TIL I learned I'm a hardcore comic/anime nerd and/or an infant...

Damn, I need to upgrade... Could someone teach me how to play Ike?

Last edited:

Foo

Smash Lord
From the ZSS forums

After waiting to play her in a tourney environment, I have come to the conclusion that one of these 3 factors are the reason why ZSS has been murdered, or any combination of the 3:

1) Oro?! stole all of the Dev Teams' girlfriends at one point in time, so they destroyed his charactrr in salty retaliation.

2) The Dev Team decided that they needed a Dan or Pichu of Project M, so they decided to make that character ZSS.

3) ZSS is actually black and 3.5 is set in the Jim Crow days. Thus, she doesnt have acess to things that literally the rest of the roster has.

Personally, I think it may be #1. What ddo you guys think?
Except Oro!? is pretty heavily involved in ZSS's development.

Edit: Maybe he stole his own girlfriend.
He'd never see it coming.

Last edited:

Shokio

Netplay 4 Days
NNID
Shokio
ZSS - Single.

Or your GF goes out when you game and leaves you to your own devices while she hangs out with her friends.
Lmao.

I actually have the opposite problem though. My girlfriend is very clingy, and has some friends but never actually hangs with them. She stays in the house with me all day once she gets off of work and plays videogames.

BBOY15

Smash Apprentice
Sonic - kid who plays with a Wii remote and gets mad when he can't wavedash.
Wario - Guy who always thinks he's funny but isn't
Meta Knight - Good at videogames and hates change. Wishes everyone stayed on Brawl.
Toon Link - A girl
Pikachu - An expert at everything for no apparent reason. They're constantly pulling trivial knowledge out of nowhere. Good with computers.
Kirby - goofy kid who plays with a Wii remote

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Lmao.

I actually have the opposite problem though. My girlfriend is very clingy, and has some friends but never actually hangs with them. She stays in the house with me all day once she gets off of work and plays videogames.
well, when your job involves stopping space pirates and fighting off energy sucking parasites, i'm not surprised she wants to stay home and play vidyas once her day is over.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Shin - Harry Potter fan who is lulled to sleep with the "PK Fire" soundclip set to repeat through a pair of headphones

This is based on @ Shin F. Shin F. nobody in particular though...

Foo

Smash Lord
That's Samus Job.

ZSS job is "run away, and stun things so i can run away a bit more"
I'm not totally convinced this is true. I heard somewhere that they were actually the same person. I mean, think about it. When was the last time you saw Zero Suit Samus and Samus in the same room?

Shin F.

Smash Master
Shin - Harry Potter fan who is lulled to sleep with the "PK Fire" soundclip set to repeat through a pair of headphones

This is based on @ Shin F. Shin F. nobody in particular though...
Hey!

I'll have you know I'm not just lulled to sleep by PK Fire. The soundclips play in my ears permanently, it's like a background mantra, so I wake up to it as well.

I see people more as their avatars than their characters. And I always read their posts in whatever emotion their avatar is expressing, if the avatar has one, too.

Chinaux

Smash Ace
Fox - noob (dont like fox for some reason) or furry nerd
Falco - me, cool dude, knows who the cool characters are
Ganondorf - troll
Link -
Marth - japanese people
Samus - a guy
Zero Suit Samus - hot girl, penis is optional
Captain Falcon - a ripped dude
R.O.B. - a robot
Pit - a teenager
Ike - an 18 year old
Lucas - a kid
Ness - a kid
G&W - troll
Roy - cool marth
Samus >> ZSS

Samus has a suit. Zero Suit Samus doesn't.
Zero Suit Samus has sex appeal. Samus doesn't.

Last edited:

GabPR

Smash Lord
Sonic: A poor, misunderstanded Puerto Rican Player that is being represented into a rapidly incresing negative number of stereotypes... (cries in corner)

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
:jigglypuff:Would rather be playing Melee.
:falcon:Does whatever they can to build hype. Even if they lose, they win in their heart.
:gw:Will keep trying until they get the 9.
:ike:Fights for their friends.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Hey!

I'll have you know I'm not just lulled to sleep by PK Fire. The soundclips play in my ears permanently, it's like a background mantra, so I wake up to it as well.

I see people more as their avatars than their characters. And I always read their posts in whatever emotion their avatar is expressing, if the avatar has one, too.
What does my avatar tell you

Top Bottom