• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Picking up Peach... a stupid question

Smash Master
When you rip a beam sword out of the ground, do you keep it and use it as a battering object or do you throw it just like any other projectile?

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
That's not really a supid question :p

EDIT:

This all depends who you're facing, and I mean the person themselves. You should use it to slice up their *****. This would help keep distance between you and your opponent and you could open yourself up to new or similiar combos. but when it comes to throwing it could be a different story.

If you know they're gonna catch it, then just throw it away. Trust me, it's NOT worth it. Better in no one's hands then in your oppnents, so don't throw it to pros. It's reccommanded that you just use it to strike them then throw it. Leave the throwing to true projectiles (like turnips, saturns, and bombs)

This all really depends on your current situation in the game

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
Throw it at them to hurt them as with any of your other throwing items. Your normal attacks are far better than the beam-saber's attacks in my opinion.

trademark0013

Smash Champion
throw it and abuse the dsmash. peach's dsmash sux so no one would expect it over and over again ^_^

seriously tho, if u can use it, use it for hitting. but ur other attacks are far better that the sword. learn float cancling and stuff also

Me14k

Smash Lord
Against a marth, fight with it. (marth sucks with beam sword) also when he does a laggy move, throw it..you should be able to pick it up 2-3 times.

against an opponant with small range (doc) id throw it away, you dont wanna give them the advantage of range.

In a close game, i usually throw it away...i dont want them to get it. If im losing, i use..if im winning by a lot, i use :)

Top Bottom