• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Picking up Luigi

OlimarNate

Smash Rookie
I've been playing Brawl actively, and decided to try to get back into Melee as well since a lot of my friends play. I want to start maining Luigi and I wanted to know what are some good tips and tricks for using Luigi in Melee. Also, what are some good Luigi players I could watch for help? Thanks!

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Watch Blea Gelo, Abate, Eddy Mexico, Vist, and Vudujin. That's basically it.

And my favorite old school player of all time made this... pretty cool
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bn7ZdA-dTx4

Learn your tech skill, l-canceling and fast falling (when necessary) every time, fast falling into perfect wavelands, ledgedash (ledgehop to waveland on stage) into various moves like utilt, ftilt, usmash, dsmash, etc... learn luigi's hitboxes.... look at the frame data, and more importantly, play multiple games to learn them inside and out... then figure out your general best approaches, and apply them as effectively as you can. Learn luigi's recovery... and pay attention to how the best luigi's edgeguard different characters!! matchup knowledge means a lot.

Pacman and Smash G0D also wrote a lot of great stuff on the luigi boards years ago, I'm sure you could find it... and if you want even more videos, lol... there's KA-master, ultra luigi, ROFL, and a few others but those are really old school. I think ROFL might still play.

pokemongeof

Smash Lord
Wavedash is most important. The best new Luigis are Abate, Vudujin (he will be missed), and Vist.

The best of all time (besides the above mentioned) are: Eddy Mexico, Pakman, Ka-master, and others.

Spacing is important. So is movement. Luigis movement is like none other.

BTW Ace, ppa0 was awesome!

Metasponge64

Smash Rookie
Train your fingers to go fast, as well as learn Luigi's recovery options. He can use all special moves to help his recovery, but it's still really hard.

Top Bottom