• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Physical or Digital?

Which?

• Total voters

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
I'll probably go for digital.

I can play it early. don't have to waste time switching game cards. It's right there with it's square animation.

As much as I want that sexy box art. I'd rather not wait for school to end that day so I can go to Target and buy it.

But I may change as the days go by.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Usually digital unless preorder bonus or limited edition. But with how little space Nintendo consoles have nowadays, despite their first steps into "next gen", I always go physical with them. Don't wanna spend extra money on storage space.

nuclearneo577

Smash Journeyman
I'm getting a physical copy, the few games that remain of my DS collection bring back memories of when I first got them. Although I might switch to a digital copy later on if I can transfer my data, just to make sure that I never loose my original physical copy.

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
I'm getting a physical copy, the few games that remain of my DS collection bring back memories of when I first got them. Although I might switch to a digital copy later on if I can transfer my data, just to make sure that I never loose my original physical copy.
I probably lost 2 of my physical copies of games on my 3DS before, which is another reason why I'd rather have digital copy just because I don't have to worry about the game card being lost. (Also because my 3DSXL is always in my pocket or on my desk so I always know where it is.)

ShizChiz

Smash Apprentice
It really depends whether or not the Gamestop near my house will do a midnight launch.
Just saw on SSB4 Dojo that a download card in Japan says the game download is 2.1 GB, so that's not too bad.

200X!!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
sweetidealism
3DS FC
5327-0916-5405
Digital for sure. The only time I buy a physical copy of a game is when it comes with some sort of collectors item, or if I feel I may trade it in later. I don't care about the smash coin from best buy, this is a game that I plan to play for the next 8 years or however long until the next installment, I will never even be tempted to sell it back, and I want it on hand at all times. Download ftw.

Rohalina

Smash Cadet
NNID
Rohan21
3DS FC
4854-6423-3624
I'm stumped as to whether to go digital or physical. Me and my mate stay up at midnight for some games and download them at midnight, (try to) sleep and then play all day! The problem is that my internet is pretty bad (only 3-400 kilobytes per second) so it may take a while. I guess then I can have it with me all the time. I also know that I can buy it and have it on the Wednesday before launch if I go physical, but that means two more days at sixth form before the weekend. I CAN'T CHOOSE!

linszoid

Smash Cadet
Nintendo Life is saying that the digital download is 2.1 GBs. So it looks like I'll be needing a new SD card.

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
Physical without a doubt. I'll be pre-ordering from Amazon this time, because GAME makes you pay £5 in advance...

Playat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Playat
3DS FC
0473-7807-1815
I want a physical copy of Smash 3DS. Already pre-ordered it at Gamestop

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Physical.
I already have the Game pre-ordered at GameStop.
I greatly prefer having something I can hold in my hands and look at on my shelf.
Not to mention I'm a mite bit paranoid and I like having a Physical Copy that will be here even if the 3DS breaks after the 3DS eShop is no longer around.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Physical for my main copy. I love the boxart, but it'll be hard not caving into having a system where I don't have to switch out Smash Bros.

I do have a Japanese 3DS too though, so I'll probably just download it on that one so that I don't have to go through the trouble of ordering internationally and having to wait for it to ship. I'm a bit nervous about downloading it though since I don't know Japanese and don't want to spend much more than I've already spent on the 3DS.

D

Deleted member

Physical without a doubt. I'll be pre-ordering from Amazon this time, because GAME makes you pay £5 in advance...
That's like Gamestop, it's just a payment so the store will hold your pre order, and it's not like its another 5 onto the final price, it should be included, so only 35 when you purchase it

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
So do I, but it's time to upgrade to an XL :3
Man, it's worth it. I got an XL when the Pokemon special edition ones were announced and I am beyond pleased with it. There's nothing wrong with the old 3DS (it looks fantastic), but the XL looks fantastic. My brother actually just upgraded (his 3DS broke) and he's still amazed by the system's capabilities.

Ducksen

Smash Apprentice
Digital for Japanese, Physical for my 'Murican 3DS. I'm definitely not waiting a week and some to get that game from Japan.

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
Digital for 3ds due to mobility being the main selling point, bundle for wii u

Jexulus

Omnivore of the Year
NNID
Jexulus
3DS FC
3883-5870-2795
So do I, but it's time to upgrade to an XL :3
^
As much as I prefer physical copies because I'm stubborn and set in my ways, I'll just be stuck with whatever format it is when I grab the afore-quoted XL Bundle, which is apparently digital. It has its benefits, I guess.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
^
As much as I prefer physical copies because I'm stubborn and set in my ways, I'll just be stuck with whatever format it is when I grab the afore-quoted XL Bundle, which is apparently digital. It has its benefits, I guess.
You can play whenever you want, wherever you want, without having to switch games. It might seem something small, but for a lazy human like myself it's something great.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
You can play whenever you want, wherever you want, without having to switch games. It might seem something small, but for a lazy human like myself it's something great.
You get to switch SD cards instead.

I suppose your plan works if you only have six or so games.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
You get to switch SD cards instead.

I suppose your plan works if you only have six or so games.
I have two digital games as of now, three when Sm4sh arrives, so yeah. I'll have to move everything to a bigger SD though, mine is too small and I plan to take a load of pictures in-game.

MrGameandBalls

Smash Apprentice
Physical. Plus, I got a 3DS case from Clubtendo, which can hold 30 games. (Of more, not so sure) It's just as big as a normal case.

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
I'm torn between the two, but since I'm in Australia unless they have a midnight release I'll be getting the digital. It'd be too much to take knowing everyone else has the game and I could be playing it then as well but aren't. :(

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I always go physical if possible. Absolutely always.

Won't have to worry about constantly switching out the game. If I don't like it (and/or the Wii U version completely usurps it), I'll just sell it. If I like it, I'm pretty sure it's the only game I'll ever play on my 3DS from there on after.

A Lucky Person

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aLuckyPerson
3DS FC
4914-3160-6884
I prefer to have games that I know I'll want to play on a moment's notice downloaded. That is the exact reason I have Animal Crossing downloaded. I can check on my town no matter what game is in the slot!

I'll be getting this game digitally as well for this same reason. Plus my internet is pretty fast, so I'll have it downloaded in just a few minutes when midnight hits. I can't wait to play with you all. :awesome:

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
woop woop, just got my 32GB sd card to replace my 8GB card.
SO READY FOR THIS RELEASE IN 22 DAYS AND 20 MINUTES.

and also for anything else i end up downloading digitally.

This is a Sentence

Smash Cadet
I always go physical if possible. Absolutely always.

Won't have to worry about constantly switching out the game. If I don't like it (and/or the Wii U version completely usurps it), I'll just sell it. If I like it, I'm pretty sure it's the only game I'll ever play on my 3DS from there on after.
Pretty much my plan too.

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
I'm probably just gonna get it digitally...i mean I really wanna play this game as early as possible!

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
Well I've already made up my mind and I'm getting it digitally since we went to Gamestop today and I just brought me 2 $20 3DS Prepaid Cards since I have enough space on my SD card plus I don't wanna wait til schools over to play the game when I can play it all night :D Don't worry I'm used to staying up on school nights. (also got a Piccori from Minish Cap since GS was selling these Zelda Mascot things so I got one too put it on my keychain.)

Top Bottom