• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phoenix Brawl 7 - IMPULSE Circuit - Ft. Felix, Alphicans, KillLock, Asa...

Captain L

Smash Champion
I don't think that me housing would be as good an idea this time. The venue is no longer close to me, in fact I'd be one of the farthest people from it. There are also a lot more offers for housing now.

Captain L

Smash Champion
if my Dad is okay with housing people, the people who get housed have to be okay with taking transit to the venue for an hour and a half, since I'm only allowed to drive one person and that will presumably be SKidd. I doubt my Dad would be willing to drive to Burnaby and back twice in a day.

Captain L

Smash Champion
not a fan of transit Arcansi? It makes sense I wouldn't want to have to go through that either lol.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
I believe I'm able to come to this. I'd say put me down as unconfirmed for now.
So there's a chance I'll make this, but no getting hopes too high up yet. <3
Yessss Nova Scotia hype!

HUGE OP UPDATE

/caps​
Super hype! =D

Edit @ Arcansi: Unfortunately, all the housing options ATM will require some transit to get to the venue. Landon's is the furthest though. Out of what we have so far, I'm the closest (still 30-40 minutes away), but I don't have much space + I'm already housing Asa, so I can't make any promises yet.

:005:

Captain L

Smash Champion
Bryan they're all pansies and won't come. Plus I gotta drive SKidd

Arcansi

Smash Champion
AWWWH.

People are hating on my being against the status quo again.

It aint easy having your own opinion. But only when other people can't logically prove it wrong.

Arcansi

Smash Champion
Nah, it aint that yo.

Sinister, remember when I used to actually want things changed in our area, and all you guys could tell me was 'no, because we don't like it!'.

That's basically what I'm talking about, except with less justification.

Drake12

Smash Ace
They justified, you just had some sort of response to make it invalid. You can't keep saying that everyone just blinded themselves and gave no facts to what you said.

And yeah I got no clue how any of that relates to what we are talking about.
I can't house anyone, I'm at my aunts which isn't too spacious and she wouldn't be down for that. I would house Attila if he is able to come out.

Arcansi

Smash Champion
To an extent.

But we also had reasons for why we didn't like certain modifications, like legalizing Picto. There was a very thorough couple of pages where it was discussed, and considering we actually tested it out and put forth some effort, I don't think it's fair to say we just gave you a cold no. Not much of us, if any of us, agree with your rules and additions as it stands right now;to my knowledge. We're just on the other side of the line when it comes to things like that.
You tested it out, but in doubles and I heard even that was unproductive.

But in the end, guess how much info got to me? NONE. Sure, you tested it, to the extent that doubles can.

And then you told me, 'you'll get the info when we f***ing feel like it, Arcansi.'

And you never felt like it. (you = BC, not Sinister. Not angry at sinister, angry at being lied to)

Also, I'd love to argue on like MSN or something with some of you guys sometime, assuming you guys would actually stick through it (no offence intended, you've all seen people just ditch randomly, put me on ignore for no reason...) because I'm 100% sure one of us is right and I would like to find out who that is.

[large paragraph] Also I'd suggest changing your methods of persuasion. Give us some hard legitimate info & have a real debate, and when someone disagrees or decides that they don't like the matter being discussed, don't lash out and single out that person (and many others) simply for disagreeing. That won't win you anything, trust me.
1. I've tried doing this. My main suggestion was pretty much to test it to get data, and I never did (although you did test it.)

2. I don't remember lashing out at people... I told firefly off for simply saying he was unable too when it was unreasonable, and I stand behind that. I wasn't doing that because he disagreed with me, and I didn't push it because he seemed to be unable to keep arguing without emotional investment. (arguing = debating when I type, for those who would define the two differently by terms of intention and perception, among other things)

I can't think of any reason I've singled someone out just for disagreeing. I've told people their opinion simply doesn't matter (it shouldn't, given competition theory and doing what is best for our game, not what pleases us the most). I've told people they need proof, because they did. But I really don't think I've done what you say I did, and if I did I apologize.

I'd like to put out there that I'm not against change or trying new things, and I'd give anything a shot for the most part. You just need to give it some time.

Also please don't assume I speak for all of BC or something, I'm just trying to point you in the right direction. I can understand where you're coming from.

Now I'm pretty sure this is the Pheonix topic so.
How much time is some time? It's been quite a while.

2. Ok. I wish I understood where you guys come from, or why it makes sense to stay there. I really do.

3. See Below, I see no reason I should treat this any differently then the old social thread. No offence.

They justified, you just had some sort of response to make it invalid. You can't keep saying that everyone just blinded themselves and gave no facts to what you said.

And yeah I got no clue how any of that relates to what we are talking about.
I can't house anyone, I'm at my aunts which isn't too spacious and she wouldn't be down for that. I would house Attila if he is able to come out.

Drake, that logically means their response was invalid and mine was correct, and they should be doing what I asked. Assuming you're right, of course.

Eh, it was said this was the new social topic... I mean, how much of what we say in our monthly thread relates to monthlies?

Captain L

Smash Champion
yeah don't argue in the phoenix thread...

I mean I'm pretty sure the goal of making a thread is to attract more people from outside of BC. And who wants to come to "BC, where people argue about the legality of pictochat among themselves"?

Drake12

Smash Ace
Yeah, I'm not touching the arguement up there. You're right Landon, this is a place that has out of towners and such. Not the place to do this for sure.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Take it to PMs.

By the way, similar to Impulse, if anybody arrives to Vancouver early or plans to stay a while we can definitely do some fun stuff (besides Brawl!). Unfortunately, my social life revolves around Chinese stuff so perhaps somebody else can plan stuff! I'll simply tag along.

Arcansi

Smash Champion
ALSO: I am in need of a doubles partner, now that I know who everyone is and people know I don't suck as much as skidd. (20$ MM Skidd?)

LF> Janky strategies (I play pit) and someone who can train with me on wifi.

Attila the Hun

Smash Ace
NNID
Aedrenaline
3DS FC
2208-4906-7922
If all goes well, I'll be there like, a week beforehand, so smashfests might be cool, if Drake and I can get to them. XD

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
That'll be cool. I have a major mental block against Donkey Kong though... I think he's a -3 MU now :(

Tin Man knows all the fun Asian stuff we can do in Vancouver (from past experience) if anybody is interested! I suppose a week of nothing but Brawl is fine too though :p

To add some info... Drake's aunt lives in Surrey I think. Our regular smashfest venue is a Skytrain (our... train commute - 20 mins or so) ride plus a 5 minute walk only from Surrey!

Arcansi

Smash Champion
hypeeeeeeeeee

also arcansi why don't you team with crisis?
Was considering this too, although team synergy/ability to practice MATTERS.

So idk. I think we would both be better off with people we could practice with, although if he gets wifi / I get the money to hang out in Vancouver (+ my mom lets me) then sure.

Asa

Smash Hero
i'll practice wifi doubles with you so that you can get better at team spacing, but i'm taken </3

Top Bottom