• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phantom Wings brings holiday cheer! And we're still fixing Blue Falcon up...

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Done

This alpha release should fix any texture issues(including removal of the shadow texture[which hopefully will fix the BF] and the addition of several transparent textures) as well as adding a new texture for the platform I originally had AND and imported model of PT's stand from the Machine Edit pac.

Did you fix the spawn points when you made the new bin? Cause they were kinda messy.

EDIT: I'll add the Alpha stage(textures AND the actual stage made by TSONO) to the OP once someone tests this.

It is driving me nuts. lol

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee--

EDIT: And no, I haven't had time to test the hookshot idea you had, sorry.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Aw man. I wonder if its the transparency? I guess I COULD make the textures the same shade of blue the Blue Falcon is....

Whatever. I'm not going to be bothered with this now. I'll work on it later, to see what I can fix.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
That was my hunch from the beginning. How visible are the new parts you added? I think it'll look somewhat decent if we change the colors to be the same as the blue falcon. In anycase, I still need to know if removing the shadow worked. Would you be willing to delete the textures that are transparent in the new pac yourself? It'll turn the blocks white...but atleast we should get a good idea of what the texture looks like.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
The parts are all overlaying on top of the falcon. You can't even see the falcon. And I don't know my way around Brawlbox other than the animation editor so I can't help there ._.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Well, I guess it could be changed so that the Falcon overlays on top of the parts instead. Just Delete the large block, create another large block, flip it to the right, and place it over the blocks you added.

Then I guess I'll just add in the proper colors for the blocks so that it doesn't look as messed up in game...

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Well, If I could just change it so that the platform is based around the model rather than the original part, maybe it would work fine....

EDIT: Before I forget, could someone test this for me?

It is a flattened version of Mario's first costume, although I didn't create a pcs version so it may need to be compressed. If it works, we need someone to slap a Paper Mario texture onto it ASAP.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
I did that, it turned the large block into some... Some square screen that either took the texture of whatever was on layer 0 (GO!, READY?, 3, 2, 1, 0, (a sideways 7), ?, %) it was weird. Then when I deleted it, all of the other blocks took the color of the background.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Before I forget, could someone test this for me?

It is a flattened version of Mario's first costume, although I didn't create a pcs version so it may need to be compressed. If it works, we need someone to slap a Paper Mario texture onto it ASAP.
BUMPERZ for test.

Really, could someone test it? I know that the edited model for Pichu froze in game, so there is probably a limit to how much the model can be altered.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Goddammit Phantom Wings! XD

Always just gotta pop up outta nowhere and show your moves that we couldn't possibly replicate. Awesome job. :3

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
He just fixed the wall collision on the sides :p

EDIT: ...Whilst making the file 1.3MB smaller?!

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
He just fixed the wall collision on the sides :p

EDIT: ...Whilst making the file 2.7MB smaller?!
STILL. THIS IS AWESOME.

Seriously though, never though he would come by and post in my humble little thread. Er...which stage did he do? Falcon Destination(which had the rail problem) or the Blue Falcon?

EDIT: Nevermind. I'm going to add the new pac to the first post.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
I ninja'ed edited you. Added to OP.

I might find time to work on it sometime this week. I uh, have school work and stuff.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
AFSK

I'm just going to remove transparencies. They seem to be the cause(yes, I didn't do anything else this time).

If that ain't it....then I'm going nix this project and work on a new stage. >>

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Was all that you did was change the type of the transparent textures back to normal? Because from what I hear that causes freezes too

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Was all that you did was change the type of the transparent textures back to normal? Because from what I hear that causes freezes too
Nope. I just edited my Beta pac(which I saved in case something like this happened) and only changed textures that allowed tranparency.

I'm trying to make a new hack atm....could you direct me to the thread were the person changed a ladder into a teleporter? I tried searching, but the search function is being impossible to work with.

MaRRoK

Smash Journeyman
mabe im being egotistic but is that a reference to Dant's comment to my stupidity the other day?

yo, i heard you like emulating wiis so we put a wii emulator on your wii so you can play wii while your wii emulates the emulation of your wii emulating wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii ROFL:laugh:

seriously if this catches on across the hacking community, ill be so proud. i should make it my sig come to think of it.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
If I can ever change how certain blocks work I'm going to make a stage with water.

For now....my next project shall be kept secret. Till I have some work done on it, that is. >>

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Uh....Well, I had some ideas with trophies and stuff, after seeing that Captain Falcon stage where he is holding out his hands.

And I think I MIGHT have a fix up for the Blue Falcon. I'm just going to make it real quick.

EDIT: If this one doesn't work I'm scrapping the project.

Silence, this new edit is meant to be used with the .bin that doesn't have your edits. I'm not sure if it will let you grab ledges now, but it *should* at least let you battle on it. Yay for Misc. Data swaps!

Brizzle

Smash Cadet
Uh....Well, I had some ideas with trophies and stuff, after seeing that Captain Falcon stage where he is holding out his hands.

And I think I MIGHT have a fix up for the Blue Falcon. I'm just going to make it real quick.

EDIT: If this one doesn't work I'm scrapping the project.

Silence, this new edit is meant to be used with the .bin that doesn't have your edits. I'm not sure if it will let you grab ledges now, but it *should* at least let you battle on it. Yay for Misc. Data swaps!
I've been searching for hours for that Captain Falcon stage you just mentioned - where you fight on his hands. I saw it on YouTube. Do you know if it's even available to everyone yet? If it is, could you please point me in the right direction? I'd really appreciate it.

Top Bottom