• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phantasy Star Online Ep. I & II

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
If you have the non plus version, you are holding a bit of history in your hands, as the game opened the path to GCN hacking with its online update hacking used to load homebrew onto the GCN over a network.

Lets all thank SEGA for making GCN and Wii hacking possible at the time it happened! :D

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
OMFG. I've been playing PSO ever since the Dreamcast version was first released. It's a shame that Sega shut down servers. I may as well get Blue Burst....

yamigarasu

Smash Cadet
Lol,you gots meeeeee for a weapon.Anyway,my characters:

Shenza(HUmar level 172)
Weapon:Double Cannon(Took freaking forever to get....syncesta grrrr.)
Armor:Aura Field(I can do with getting my TP drained)
-God/Battle(oh em gee,this is the item for me.)
-God/Power
-God/Power
-God/Power(lol)
Shield:Tripolic Shield(me likes)
Mag:Angel Wing

Zuenza(I am so unoriginal with names)
Level 142 FOmar
Weapon:psycho Wand(THIS WEAPON WAS NOT WORTH FINDING)It took me 4 months!
Armor:Brightness Circle
-God/HP
-God/HP
-God/HP
-God/HP(This really helps,okay?)
Shield:Secret Gear(sucks that FO's can't get the good Shields)
Mag:Sato(I like the way Sato looks)

Peaches

Smash Lord
Pyscho wand not worth finding? It's hands down the best force weapon.

ANywasy. . . I got bored of this game. I have a legit 126 RAmarl and 2 other characters in Ult. But my firends are now playing offline getting perfect characters in Ult. Probably will get bored with that too, but I simply don't have the time or want to put that many hours into the game anymore.

Peaches

Smash Lord
Yeah don't bother getting the Gamecube modem they shut down the servers on the gamecube and I think the Xbox.
But if you do have a Broadband adapter then you can get on the private server.

yamigarasu

Smash Cadet
I can't find the broadband adapter anywhere,lol.Now I know my only choice is probably ebay or something.Well,I'll be playing PSU online until I get my hands on one.

Smash Master
I've already gone to pso-world and ragol.co.uk. I can't find one hax team to use for an S-Rank time on all five stages. Maybe 1 Fonl, 1 Huct, and 2 Hucl

Smash Master
Perhaps, but Rangers are so shafted in C-mode. They start at a lower level, get inferior weaponry, fewer mates/fluids, a lower leveled Mag, combining to create a lot less damage. I need to pump in damage quickly to get S-Rank.

yamigarasu

Smash Cadet
Well,if it is major damage that you need,maybe you could replace the HuCaseals with more HuCasts,as they easily take the cake of having the highest attack in the game.It's up to you though.^_^

OneWingSephiroth

Smash Journeyman
I remember people who where hardcore back into this game during it's prime posted a huge Tier Listing of the overall best characters...if I'm not mistaken, the Magic Casters where #1??? I forgot, lol.

Anyways, I really enjoyed this game for awhile seriously, it was fun to play on the GC, because my bros, and one of my sisters would play, 4 players at once was too much fun. I remember making a Humar, however after I swtiched over to a Hunewearl, because although they aren't as strong, their magic casting abilities are infinitely better, almost double that of a Humar, which to me makes alot of difference.

Imo, I've always felt Hunewearl was one of the best character's within the game overall, because they where overall more balanced than even the Humar and in some cases slightly better than balanced, because they can do solid damage with magic, and healing, while doing good damage as well.

Heh, however I'll leave that to you PSO guru's who know more of the game, all I know is, I spent a huge chunk of my life within this game, got my Hunewearl to lvl 200, got many of the strongest/best weapons and gears and basically called it quits.

My only gripe with the game was the drop rates for some of the weapons, I mean, wasn't some of them like 1 out of like 150,000 or something? That was just freaking nuts, and another was how slow the characters moved, if the game was faster paced, it would've made the experience much more fun and less tedious.

That's awesome that their's private servers, maybe some of you should post it here, so that if I do infact have the time, I'll pull my PSO game from out of the cobwebs and dust and play on these private servers. Would be fun to go and mess around with my Hunewearl again, hahaha.

Smash Master
Woot, just found my first spread needle. Got it tekked to 35% A. Beast, too. I'm so happy.

Aeramis

Smash Ace
I played PSO on xboxlive. Got all weapons and hacks (which ruins the fun after awhile sadly). Have like 3 200 lv chars and afew 50-180lv chars. Loved my Red Sato! Also, I found a REAL monkey bar once off a mini boss. If that game was free I would still play it.

OneWingSephiroth

Smash Journeyman
The real weapons that I got legit was Heaven's Punisher( I got this one from a drop completely by luck, but I gave it to my brother since he wanted it, since he played a ranger), Orotiagito(this one pissed me off trying to get), Sange and Yasha(this one pissed me off trying to get as well), True Flowen's Sword, Delsaber's Sword and Shield(this was my #1 favorite set for a long time and is my Top 3 most favorite weapons within PSO I and II), Red Sword, DB Sword (best version, and imo one of the sexxiest looking swords) and shield.

However, my buddy played it online way more then I did, and came back to my house and gave me his extra equips, like a bunch of Deviling's, all of these wicked armors, Black King Bar's, T-J Swords, and the beastly Dark Flow Sword. I'm pretty confident that he didn't get these legit, however my buddy just basically handed these to me for free, so what would you do in my shoes? My point exactly, I took them, no questions asked and smiled :laugh:

I was never ever able to get the Dark Gene Flow, no matter how many times I tried it, which really, really pissed me off. However I got the Dark Flow from my buddy, so I stopped trying to earn it. This weapon is just ridiculous, shooting out three different angled waves when your life is red, each of them capable of dealing out over 1k+ of damage. However the T-J Sword overall was the best, it's super was awesome and it did phenomenal damage plus it hit all 3 times unlike the Dark Flow which only swung once, although slightly weaker, it was far more versatile.

This game was fun, however I got sick and tired of earning the weapons and equips, and basically called it quits, I mean, I still never got that Psycho Wand or whatever, my brother needed it and the drop for it was like...impossible.

Smash Master
Olga Flow has a drop rate of 0%. Parasitic Gene Flow is a hacked item.

I'm in Ult ruins (lvl. 110), and I have never found a decent Armor or Barrier. That annoys me. Haven't found any red weapons either. No enemy parts either. Heck, I haven't even seen any rare enemys except for one Mil Lilly :mad: I did find a spread needle though, which doesn't really help since I play Hu-Cast.

I'm trying to get God hand in quests. Any tips. The ******** NPC's in the prerequisite quests keep dying of Ob Lilly Megid.

yamigarasu

Smash Cadet
Somehow I always got the NPC's stuck during each quest I did,all pretty much by accident,lol.Maybe you should try that,then get them after you clear a room.

OneWingSephiroth

Smash Journeyman
Olga Flow has a drop rate of 0%. Parasitic Gene Flow is a hacked item.

I'm in Ult ruins (lvl. 110), and I have never found a decent Armor or Barrier. That annoys me. Haven't found any red weapons either. No enemy parts either. Heck, I haven't even seen any rare enemys except for one Mil Lilly :mad: I did find a spread needle though, which doesn't really help since I play Hu-Cast.

I'm trying to get God hand in quests. Any tips. The ******** NPC's in the prerequisite quests keep dying of Ob Lilly Megid.
What?! So you mean, all the time and hours, days spent by my brothers and I spent trying to find that was useless because it never existed within the first place to begin with?! :mad: That's horrible man, I was told that it could be "attainable"...that's why I was trying so hard to get it.

Gah...well, on some better news, my brother got a Red Handgun back in the day, and that gun is just simply pimp. I would've really liked to have obtained the Red Sword though, Skyly FTFW!!!

TGM

Smash Lord
I rememebr when this 1st came out for the GCN, me and my buddies stayed up for so many nights playing this game. and now that we look bac on it...........................we were dumb.

3 hit combos? replaying the same 8 or 9 worlds over and over again? argh, it pains me to think about it.

Smash Master
Found a Mil Lilly and a Poilly slime in one quest. That was cool. Neither of them dropped anything red, though. I got a god hand. It has 35% Machine. Is that good, or should I have quit and tried again?

Peaches

Smash Lord
What?! So you mean, all the time and hours, days spent by my brothers and I spent trying to find that was useless because it never existed within the first place to begin with?! :mad: That's horrible man, I was told that it could be "attainable"...that's why I was trying so hard to get it.

Gah...well, on some better news, my brother got a Red Handgun back in the day, and that gun is just simply pimp. I would've really liked to have obtained the Red Sword though, Skyly FTFW!!!

LOL, yeah. Anyways, My best drop in the game was a S-parts. 2.01 I think. Whichever one the good one with the 10,000 drop rate is.

Pimped out HUcasts are probably the best hunters, I'd say RAcaseals the best rangers, or maybe RAmars, but every RA is broken but the RAcast, Forces are all just kinda meh. FOmarls are good, FOnewearls are definitely awesome, a FOnewearl with a Psycho Wand can cast so much. FOmars are fun to trick out. FOnewmans techs aren't too goo online because of damage reduction of techs online.

D

Deleted member

I played this game too much... even after corrupt data killed my file, I played for thousands of hours... I regret it somewhat, but this was one amazing game lol... just wish I got my RAmar to level 200... stupid Ultimate Ruins... Indi Belras ftl... but my friend and I speedran so much... especially online, where there were extra missions (Towards the Future FTW)

Vanusk

Smash Rookie
Yeah PSO is great, I had a lvl 96ish HUCAST as well as a 64ish FOnewearl, till my friend corrupted my card... because he didn't want me to lose a DBS Saber.... (I swear if I didn't have like 12 of those already...)

I love starting anew and killing the first boss at lower levels everytime, I killed the dragon boss as a lvl 7 (or 9... I totally forgot, I think it was 7 though) FOnewearl on my first try, each shot took out like 90% of my health it was great.

Top Bottom