• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social PGD4: I changed the title.

Soul.

We livin lol, just not active. Wish it was more active, but eh, give it time.

iVoltage

$5.99 Abuser
I just like to post when I can so ill try to stir up something g. I'm a new pika so I've been practicing my strings but I have trouble with any follow ups that aren't bair. I'm making progress tho, going to work on approaches next.

Last edited:

Lenrap

Smash Rookie
I've been looking for a main since the game came out and I've finally found one after 10 months. Ever since I learned pika, I've been winning for glory matches and doing decently against my friends. Most of my combos come from up tilt/air strings and most of the time I recover on stage when trying to get on the ledge, so I'm not the best pika out there yet. But this character has really made the game fun for me again, and I just wanted to say that I guess
:pikachu:

Last edited:

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
I played a 4glory pika yesterday that literally just did an aerial and it was usually safe because pikas body ducks most grabs when in landing lag. Also could be that Ganon is awful and I couldn't grab stuff normally anyway lol. Was just funny to see how in some matchups we can literally roll our face on the controller and it's relatively safe

Last edited:

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
he did other things too, i lost game one hard like it was a 2 stock until i realized he was just throwing out anything he wanted and adapted to it. then again being smart as ganon pays off really really hard. god i miss custom ganon, what am i doing with my life.

Soul.

I miss jank too dude, I really do. My early kills from HSB are gone : ' (

Lenrap

Smash Rookie
Rip Palutena

"You looked so promising, then all of your good moves were labeled as customs..."

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
yea customs were pretty hype, but in retrospect they just made already amazing characters even better and beget a heavier camping playstyle. RIP my ganon dreams but oh well, ill be around here more often since robin pika is my current go to meta right now.

tbh honest tho im really sad from a brawl point of view. I feel like either smash 4 has way less tech and therfore less to write about, or the boards just dont have the cohessive glue they used to in terms of community. I really feel like many charcters dont have good guides or cover important community based discussions like stage guides, advanced tech guides, combos, etc. would be lovely if we could improve on that in places that have a desire to. maybe you and i can consult some more soul.

Last edited:

Soul.

We've been trying to contribute more but only a few people go to the Pika boards and post/discuss. idk if it was this way during Brawl

I really wish we could have more stuff in our boards. We have a thread that's about what we should do to make our boards better if that means anything.

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
I heard that Pikachu doesn't have any stages that are bad for him or put him in a disadvantage. Unless it depends on certain MUs, then I might be wrong.

iVoltage

$5.99 Abuser
Going to my first tournament Saturday! My pika knowledge is pretty much the basics and I have almost zero experience so I don't expect to do super well. If I win a set I'd be exited, but I'm prepared to lose. In it for the practice and experience. Wish me luck guys

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Going to my first tournament Saturday! My pika knowledge is pretty much the basics and I have almost zero experience so I don't expect to do super well. If I win a set I'd be exited, but I'm prepared to lose. In it for the practice and experience. Wish me luck guys
Godspeed.

Get 'em homie.

D

Deleted member

Good luck! Try to do the best that you can, have confidence in yourself, and just have fun overall. :)

Soul.

Good luck man; just have fun.

Coro_

Smash Apprentice
represent the yellow mouse go~

Soul.

I had a thing about the Sheik MU on a document and I thought I saved it for later, but didn't. ****
I think you guys win the MU though, top level matches reflect that.

Ritronaut

Smash Apprentice
in my opinion Sheik has no 50-50s. Not kirby, not Pikachu, not Meta Knight or Mario. Sure they may be the ones with one of the better ratios vs. her but it's still slightly in sheik's favor.

Soul.

Never understood why people think Kirby wins vs. Sheik lol.
Our MU vs. her is -1 at best.

Joaco

Triforce of Wisdom
NNID
JoacoRyu8
Never understood why people think Kirby wins vs. Sheik lol.
Our MU vs. her is -1 at best.
Exactly this. The bad thing about the MU is that no one knows the Kirby MU, and everyone knows the Sheik MU.

Soul.

Exactly this. The bad thing about the MU is that no one knows the Kirby MU, and everyone knows the Sheik MU.
From what I have heard, it has to do with Kirby being able to crouch under Sheik's Needles, apparently forcing her to approach should he get the Copy Ability, and because Sheik is a fast faller she's combo food for Kirby but that... doesn't mean anything.

It almost seems like people are grasping at straws lol

Joaco

Triforce of Wisdom
NNID
JoacoRyu8
Yeah, and characters with multiple jumps avoid easily Sheik's needle camping.

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
ZeRo posted a video about Pikachu if anyone's interested.
He pretty much tells us what we already know: Pikachu is top tier. :4pikachu:

Soul.

We "are" top tier.
But we're not top tier if pessimism on the cute Electric-type is a thing.

also im surprised he didn't mention Ness. iirc most Pikachu mains have said that's a tough MU; it's not just Luigi.

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
Yeah, I actually thought Ness was Pikachu's hardest matchup. Oh well.
And if we can make something work out of up throw to Thunder, hopefully people will become more optimistic.
One thing that bothered me about the video is that ZeRo kept mentioning "priority" in the video even though ESAM said that it doesn't exist in Smash 4. I'm pretty sure ESAM is right.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Yeah, I actually thought Ness was Pikachu's hardest matchup.
He could be. I don't even think Luigi is even that bad of a matchup. Luigi is a very slow moving character and no one really takes advantage of that because the best way to deal with Luigi is by camping which is very boring to do.

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
He could be. I don't even think Luigi is even that bad of a matchup. Luigi is a very slow moving character and no one really takes advantage of that because the best way to deal with Luigi is by camping which is very boring to do.
Agreed. Since Pikachu's a fast character, it's way more fun to play aggressively. But playing defensively is very important, so yeah. Pikachu players have to master both styles.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I think the reasoning Luigi's do well at a regional scale (never big regionals or national scales) is because people don't really care to lame him out for maybe 100ish dollars for 1st-4th place
But when it comes to bigger tournaments that's when all the tryharding camping or sheik/zss mains come in for the hot 1k+ in winnings.

Joaco

Triforce of Wisdom
NNID
JoacoRyu8
Pikachu is good but is not gdlk like zero says

Soul.

Playing defensively helps.
I still see him winning the MU though because of typical Luigi stuff

kill confirms/brawl nair next patch pls

D

Deleted member

Honestly, I don't think that fighting against Luigi is that bad. I think that it might be in Luigi's favor, but I honestly struggle with fighting Mario more to be quite honest.

Angiance

Smash Lord
It's even just like most of our MUs.

Priority was never thought of as an in game property, I have no clue who started that.

Priority is a system we use to conviently determine how well one attack will fair vs other attacks-NOT an in game property

If I say that U.Air has high priority I'm acknowledging the fact that it's hitbox is strongly disjointed (at least I think it is, it goes through like, everything~)

Top Bottom