• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social PGD4: I changed the title.

LaserResal

Smash Cadet
NNID
LaserResal
3DS FC
2363-5657-8377
Sup guys I'm pretty new to Smashboards and I joined because I wanted to get better with Pikachu. Hope I can get to know ya'll soon

EDIT: I figured I should probably add a bit more than that now :p
I've played every single iteration of smash and loved every single second of it. I only started to get into competitive smash about 1 year ago though, however I don't have a wii U to practice on XD
My other hobbies include watching anime, League of Legends, CS:GO, and browsing reddit all day. Feel free to talk to me and help me acclimate myself into Smashboards :4pikachu:

Last edited:

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
So this is the Pika social? Well to intros

Hi! I want to visit this thread because I main Pika and want to know y'all! And all my other mains thread are a bit meh idk

Main:rosalina:
Secondaries:4darkpit::4jigglypuff::4pikachu:
For Fun:4villagerf::4kirby::4palutena::4zss:(style)
Dropped:dedede::diddy::falco::lucario::lucas::marth::metaknight::olimar::zerosuitsamus::sonic::rob::4bowser::4bowserjr::4duckhunt::4gaw::4peach::4robinf::4wiifit::zelda::4yoshi::4mewtwo::4ness:

Coro_

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, new player here~
Been playing Pika since Brawl days, but got into competitive since this year for 4, so yeah~

Hope I can get along~
(I like to draw stuff too, like my avatar~)

Umbreoff

Smash Cadet
Hi Coro! Welcome to the competitive community. I like your avatar. It's really cute (goggles costume is the best costume).

Hi Koiba! Welcome to the pika club.

Hi LaserResal! Welcome to the competitive community. I also hope you can get better with Pikachu.

Edit: Can anyone post a gif of pikachu backing up those pikabunz while doing that backward crawl of his? My life will be complete!

Last edited:

Thor

Smash Champion
K Composite.

This math joke brought to you by Wikipedia. Wikipedia: For when you're actually pretty terrible at math.
Could technically still be K Prime, depending on if K Prime was 2, because 3 is still... never mind...

K prime time
When nature calls, run.

Will only make any semblance of sense to Magic The Gathering players.

Lot of new people all at once. Hi new people. Hope you enjoy yourselves here.

I don't have such a gif on me. Sorry.

EDIT: Also why do ads appear below random posts? There's one below mine at least on my end, and it's kinda weird to see those as one is trying to scroll and read...

Last edited:

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Wow smh i'm too used to the :4zelda: social activity. This is kinda dead compared to the Sass social.

LaserResal

Smash Cadet
NNID
LaserResal
3DS FC
2363-5657-8377
It's k maybe people will start talking more since there are more people @ Koiba Koiba

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
In fairness, compared to the Zelda social everything's pretty slow.

Took the PGD seven years to get to ~1700 pages. Took them two.

Umbreoff

Smash Cadet
No problem LaserResal!

Why aren't we talking more? Pikachu and his social thread deserve more attention than this! He's the cutest, sweetest, most adorable character in the entire game; much better than that fraud of a princess, Zelda! People should be talking about this cutie! Why aren't people talking about him? ;^;

How has your pikachu been handling recently for you guys (and girls)? Are you improving? Stagnating? Degenerating? Going up and down randomly? Somewhere in between any of these or a combination? Any notable recent tournament results for the most lovable rat of all? Any tournaments coming up? Anyone going to FC Returns?

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
My Pikachu just zips around platforms with QAC and ultimately does nothing productive until eventually SDing and then I play Roy.
I see K followed by ' and I think of this dude
Well, that is who K Prime got his username from, lol.

Last edited:

Umbreoff

Smash Cadet
You mean K Prime doesn't stand for Kish Prime? : o

Edit: Who are some good pikas I should know about? So far, I know of ESAM, Hell-Dew, Hoenn, K Prime, and Kenrawr/Kenny (I'm so out of the loop lmao). RedBeefBaron (I think that's his name?) might main pika, but I would have to ask Hoenn or someone from Chicago about that (assuming he's even from that area lol). I could probably look at the matchup thread and see who seems smart and try to find youtube vids from their tournament adventures, but the 5 or 6 I mentioned above are the only ones I know about.

Edit 2: I just watched hell-dew for the first time. His style reminds me more of myself than of any of the other people I mentioned above. I want him to 3 stock me some time. :p

Last edited:

LaserResal

Smash Cadet
NNID
LaserResal
3DS FC
2363-5657-8377
No problem LaserResal!

Why aren't we talking more? Pikachu and his social thread deserve more attention than this! He's the cutest, sweetest, most adorable character in the entire game; much better than that fraud of a princess, Zelda! People should be talking about this cutie! Why aren't people talking about him? ;^;

How has your pikachu been handling recently for you guys (and girls)? Are you improving? Stagnating? Degenerating? Going up and down randomly? Somewhere in between any of these or a combination? Any notable recent tournament results for the most lovable rat of all? Any tournaments coming up? Anyone going to FC Returns?
I'm still trying to get down QACs now since I never got them down before the patch. And I'm finally making progress on them :D
Pikachu has taken to the backburner just a little bit while I get down the Lucas fundamentals though, since I love him a lot. Hope all the rest of you are doing well in the new patch so far :3

LaserResal

Smash Cadet
NNID
LaserResal
3DS FC
2363-5657-8377

Coro_

Smash Apprentice
I've heard from numerous people that the new anime is actually pretty good. Have you watched it at all and do you have any opinions on it?
Yeah, I've been following the XY season since it started and while it's not an amazing anime, it's still pretty decent~
Pacing is much better than BW, trainers are less stupid (particularly Ash, he actually kept his knowledge from the previous season this time), and animation is really pretty.

The team behind Origins is the one behind XY, actually, so that's probably why it's good, haha

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I keep hearing good things about XY. Gonna have to watch a bit sometime just to see if it lives up to the hype.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
If it still recycles attack animations I'm out.

I swear if I see Pikachu twirl with a glowing iron tail with action lines behind him one more time... Actually animate the fights damn it. Do something more than make people smile, close their eyes, tilt their head, and giggle.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Their budget must've been increased or something, cause the fights in X/Y are extremely well animated.
Everything else not so much, even some QUALITY moments. BUT THE FIGHTS THO?

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Their budget must've been increased or something, cause the fights in X/Y are extremely well animated.
Everything else not so much, even some QUALITY moments. BUT THE FIGHTS THO?
"Good news, everyone! The quarterly money-burning parties are still on!"

Soul.

XY's only good thing is the animation imo. But even then I'm not really feeling it.
My interest regarding the Pokémon anime dropped a lot when they announced BW. Once XY was announced I didn't care about it anymore.

At least I can thank its existence by allowing the other existence of .GIFs.

Coro_

Smash Apprentice
Keeping in mind the target demographic is little kids, I don't mind the anime at all~
I like the Pokémon of the day format, since you get to see a bit of each species interact and stuff, so it builds a little more on what you see in the games.
I guess that's all I need to be entertained by it, so I like it alright. Like I said, not an amazing anime, but still good~

Oh, and if you do want something a little more akin to Origins in tone and stuff, check out the Mega Evolution specials. It's not Ash as protagonist for one (gasp) and it has a running plot (double gasp) and actual twists~

EDIT: If nothing else, enjoy this video of Pikachu dancing to the opening song from Pokemon Sunday:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_Jyg0npS6E

Last edited:

Soul.

E3 wasn't hype for me. It was just disappointing this year.
Hopefully with the NX and ****, E3 2016 is better.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Well, I guess I should ask too, does anyone here play any system other than Nintendo?

Nintendo always has terrible E3 showings, the last one I enjoyed was the year they had a live demo of Skyward Sword.

But Fallout 4 will be easily GOTY, Doom looked sooooo sick, Tomb Raider is out the same day as Fallout, Halo 5 has a revamped multiplayer campaign, BO3 looks like it'll put Call of Duty back into the spotlight, Dark Souls 3 debut, Uncharted 4 looks absolutely amazing, FF7 is finally getting the remake(eventually), Last Guardian is finally getting a real development schedule, Nier is getting a new game by Platinum(and they're also doing a badass Transformers!), World of Final Fantasy with its terrible name looks super fun and light, ESO has new content coming like Dark Brotherhood, whatever the **** that cyberpunk dinosaur hunting game was looked super fresh and original, Hololens may push Microsoft above Oculus with gaming potential, Sony launched a cable-free channel purchasing service, Rare Replay for only $30 bucks!!!

And there's some I'm missing. E3 was stellar this year on the gaming side of things, I'm stoked. :D

Soul.

nah man, nintendo's e3 2015 showing was just disappointing because it was about 2015-only games. hopefully they don't screw up next year.
not so interested on sony/microsoft tbh

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
To be fair, the writing has been on the wall for Wii U for about a year now.

Smash was the last big hurrah for the system, Splatoon is doing work to save it though. After Zelda, the future of this console is bleak. BUT! Star Fox should be kinda' fun for a month.

3DS is where it's at, Fire Emblem soon! And Triforce Heroes will carry this holiday. I'm afraid Yokai Watch won't do anything in America, Pokemon is still king here. And if this PMD is good, yay!

Coro_

Smash Apprentice
High hopes for the new PMD, seeing as they had the time to add all the Pokemon now, among other system improvements.
I actually really liked Gates' story, and I think what held Gates back was the gameplay, so yeah, here's to Super PMD being another great emotional ride~

Soul.

Eh. Wii U is trying, trying to sell units, and I don't know what to think anymore. Smash/Splatoon/MK8 help, but I don't think it's enough. 3DS has a bigger install base and ****; still going strong. It has Smash too but the 3DS version receives a lot of hate.

Also Super Mystery Dungeon better be good. Gates was called an "experiment" by Pokémon fans because I dunno.

LaserResal

Smash Cadet
NNID
LaserResal
3DS FC
2363-5657-8377
We can all hope that the new PMD will live up to what the other games had for them. I especially enjoyed all of Sky's special/extra missions that really gave a new look into the world of those games. Hopefully the new one delves into it's own story in an exciting way as well, while still having the amazing gameplay Rescue Team and Explorers had. It is very true that Gates had lackluster gameplay, so here's to hoping they don't make the same mistakes.

Coro_

Smash Apprentice
I've got a local tourney this weekend! I don't know of any other Pika mains there, so I'll be representing the electric mouse, hoho~
Any advice for leading up to it?

KentaKurodani

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KentaKurodani
3DS FC
5370-0467-0413
Hoenn, we got to play in dubs at Rebirth IV, just wanted to say hi to ya, I was the Pika teaming with the Yoshi

LaserResal

Smash Cadet
NNID
LaserResal
3DS FC
2363-5657-8377
I've got a local tourney this weekend! I don't know of any other Pika mains there, so I'll be representing the electric mouse, hoho~
Any advice for leading up to it?
Just remember the essentials and don't forget to side-taunt after every kill so show how cute the thing that is killing them is:happysheep::i6rkW::pikachu:

Top Bottom