• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PGD: Happy Birthday, Red!

_umbra_

Smash Champion
sup guys, I just realized I haven't posted here too much lately :(

In about 20 minutes I'm going to a bar for the first time! ^_^ ahhh i'm excited

Kenrawr

Smash Master
And ESAM sd'd his loss? That's gotta feel worse than losing :S
ally still had 2 stocks and 100- to esam's 1 stock 100+

still really sucks to die that way though. especially in game 3

shoutouts to hylian for not carrying me out of 1st round pools. :(!!!!

HotWings

Smash Ace
I want to ask you all a favor. I would very much appreciate it if you all can convince my brother to come back to brawl. He says it just got boring to him so can you all try to convince him that brawl isnt as boring as he thinks it is. The reason he thinks its boring is because the only person he has to play with is me or the CPU so he just got tired of the same thing over and over, i dont blame him for getting bored but if he keeps practicing now then maybe he could go to tournaments with me or w/e. So can you all tell him about how much fun tournaments are and how good the community is ;ect

I just really miss playing with him and i would like for him to know how much fun brawl can be (also if you can.. talk about how much fun doubles are.. i would really like for him to play teams with me and us enter tournaments together)

Hope yal can convince him to come back ^^

Ephyon

Smash Champion
that's his decision and his only. you can't decide in his place: the best thing you could do is drag him to a tourney, do him a favor and pay his entry fee, throw him in the pit and watch how he perfoms. after that, he'll either leave for good or his competitive spirit wil re-kindle.
the "travel to tourneys/fests, meet new people to play with" part is essential for competitive brawl methinks, otherwise there's little to no growth and/or interest.
I won't try to persuade your brother, if he's reading: I'll just point to him the path he should take to make brawl "not boring".
I would suggest online too, but that depends on your brother's opinion about it.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Haha, I wish that I had a tournament to go to back when I started to lose my Brawl "fighting spirit." Really, that's probably why I barely play it; I was never allowed to go to any tourneys.

... And I'm 17 but still not allowed to go to any. :(

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Completely random, but I finally figured out what's been making my face break out recently...... tell me why it's the stuff I dropped $40 on. (Luckily still have the receipt.)

Companies really try to get you these days with the fancy ****. I'm going back to my $7 crap from CVS. :mad:

sup guys, I just realized I haven't posted here too much lately :(

In about 20 minutes I'm going to a bar for the first time! ^_^ ahhh i'm excited
Umbra, you goin to CoT5? I'mma need you to start using more Pika in tourney if you're gonna have him as your main icon. :glare:

Hope you got completely ****face wasted last night. & had fun. <3

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
I want to ask you all a favor. I would very much appreciate it if you all can convince my brother to come back to brawl. He says
it just got boring to him so can you all try to convince him that brawl isnt as boring as he thinks it is. The reason he thinks its boring is because the only person he has to play with is me or the CPU so he just got tired of the same thing over and over, i dont blame him for getting bored but if he keeps practicing now then maybe he could go to tournaments with me or w/e. So can you all tell him about how much fun tournaments are and how good the community is ;ect

I just really miss playing with him and i would like for him to know how much fun brawl can be (also if you can.. talk about how much fun doubles are.. i would really like for him to play teams with me and us enter tournaments together)

Hope yal can convince him to come back ^^
Teach him Melee.

If he doesn't like that, teach him P:M (he'll want to learn this after Melee anyway).

If he doesn't like either, he probably doesn't like Smash, unless you can get an N64 and get the original Smash and see how he likes that one. Brawl, Melee, P:M, and 64 are all very different (P:M being different because it has balance modifications) and they suit a variety of tastes. If he doesn't like the slowness of Brawl, he probably wants to ramp up to the speed of Melee/P:M. If he doesn't like either of them, 64 is still an option but I don't know if you have/can buy an N64 & Smash 64.

Of course, he just may not be the gaming/tourney kind of person, and no one can change him but himself. If he enjoys other things, then he just enjoys other things. :p

Kenrawr

Smash Master
some of the people in amateurs were better than the people that made it to the real bracket imo

that bein said bein in regular bracket and failing>>>winning a little money in amateurs

(unless it's $253 liek cheese)

Tagxy

Smash Lord
I meant learn to use sonic .

I dunno I woulda been ok winning money.

Also congrats esam and pikpik. You both did about as well as I expected you to.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Kaylo, don't use Vex's trash talk as the title, it clearly should be

So I heard ESAM and Pikapika are worse than Anther.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Kaylo, don't use Vex's trash talk as the title, it clearly should be

So I heard ESAM and Pikapika are worse than Anther.
Nope, stickin to the word on the street.

I reaaaally wish PP would've beat Pierce so y'all coulda played.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
No one wonders about me in here ;O

Ussi reminded me to post though. :D
Hey Global! It's nice to see you in here again.

Anyway, I made a quick drone loop! If anyone could listen to it and let me know what they think of it so far, I would really appreciate it. Oh, and I will expand it as time goes on, don't worry.

http://k002.kiwi6.com/hotlink/dhdivchk0c

Please listen to it with decent headphones.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Yeah, I woke up this morning to the worst head/back/shoulderache ever. ;____; Gonna die!

Also, welcome back Global. =D I thought you were gonna abandon us for the Jiggs.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
I'm quitting tobacco today.

I stopped smoking for a month last November just to see what it was like and it wasn't hard; so I'm quitting for good.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
it's the pound curse.

everyone gets sick right after
I thought I dodged it, but they got me. ;___;

It'll get better tomorrow! Just gotta make it through the day.
Yeah, I feel much, much better today. :bee:

I'm quitting tobacco today.

I stopped smoking for a month last November just to see what it was like and it wasn't hard; so I'm quitting for good.
Good luck, ~auto! Should treat yourself to WHOBO imo.....

Top Bottom