• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PGD: Happy Birthday, Red!

Phantom Gamer

<font color="#ff00ff">pranked!</font>
Scorpions, snakes, spiders, fire ants.....same ****. We don't have that mess up here, at least not in the city.
Lucky for you in Texas I believe only scorpions found there fit the criteria as a "poisonous bug". Possibly they might have poisonous spiders there too, but not to my knowledge.

Excluding zoos of course.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Aww, snakes are cool tho.

Spiders are everywhere. Do not be complacent. They're in your house right now. They're quietly walking along the baseboards of your living room... the backside of your toilet... in the laundry area...

Scorpions are cool too. They're like mean af tanks with battle armor.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Max10n got a point. Spiders errywhere.

Least they're eating all the other, worse-than-spider crap.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
You should just come to the NorCal forest. The only poisonous things up here are plants that are easily identifiable.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I don't mind harmless, friendly neighborhood house spiders.... I see those all the time. It's the brown recluse/black widow/hobo mother****ers I can't deal with.

& I thought the Denver area of CO was relatively pest-free? I'm thinking of moving out of Philly soon, and I've been no joke researching City-Data forums to see which cities are the least infested. :urg:

Player -0

Smash Hero
Well there's always poisonous spiders places but they're not common in SC afaik. A couple years back there was a snake by the pool and stuff but snakes aren't super common. They pop up sometimes but not a lot.

But sometimes... There's aliens.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Lmao, Spiders are a necessary thing though. Honestly, worst thing that happens if you get bitten by a Brown Recluse is a hell of a painful bite. Iirc, spider bite deaths have only ever happened in kids younger than 7. Most common problem that would cause an adult is painful skin problems for a bit.

Not to mention, Texas is a little bit wide of normal hangouts for the brown recluse. Most common place for them is Southeastern/Midwest states. They've definitely been found here, but they're not commonly in cities.

I absolutely don't like spiders up close to me, but they're really pretty cool and mostly harmless. The chance of you being bitten by a real dangerous one is most likely less than getting into a serious car crash. Scary thing, but like most scary things, not really worth stressing over. :D

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
So what you're saying is..... when I die via spider bite, I reserve the right to have my tombstone say "To Austin: I told you so. I'll be waiting to torment your lying ass in the afterlife. xoxo"

Also, I beg to differ that (poisonous) spiders are a necessary thing. We don't have that **** up in the northeast -- there has to be another equally safe area in the country.

EDIT: Alsoalso, I have a dog. A small one. I don't want him to die either. :c

Last edited:

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
No, the worst thing that happens is they crawl into your mouth while you're sleeping and lay eggs in your stomach, and then they burrow up to your head and eat your brain. Then in the morning you have no brain and you poop out baby spiders.

Also, if they touch your skin you get spider-cooties.

Also also, 3 of their 8 eyes can see into the future so it's impossible to outsmart them.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I'm pretty sure their 8 legs have enough strength in them to let them jump a 20 story high building.
Alsoalso, Philly has brown recluse and black widows too

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
@Bobby: I had a friend who had a mosquito try to lay eggs in his ear while he was sleeping. Nothing is impossible. :sadeyes:

& real spiders require trees. We don't have those in Philly -- that's why we only get house spiders, lol.

Last edited:

Phantom Gamer

<font color="#ff00ff">pranked!</font>
I'm sure real spiders would just consider your buildings as stone trees. They can't tell the difference between wood trees and stone trees.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
I imagine a lot of my friends' tombstones will say some variation of "Goddammit Austin."

My legacy will be one of immense idiocy!

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Here lies Darren
His Great Wall finally overtaken by Mongilans
And also Austin's integrity
:phone:

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
What the....

What am I looking at??
Free IT Values, apparently. I was studying for a final, and one of the powerpoint slides was just that picture under that title. No explanation whatsoever. I felt like it was relevant to the conversation at hand.

Bobby's waifu in a spiderweb.
Red, you ignorant ****, I have no waifu because the only woman I truly love is fictionally unavailable.

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
I don't see what all the commotion is about; everyone whose birthdays were forgotten are no more than C list posters anyway. Kendall's just been far too busy lately, so she only has time for B list and up.

And how would you like to go about revealing your fictionally unavailable waifu to the class?
Don't worry about it, buddy, it's just some broad from Gintama.

Top Bottom