• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Petition for Gamecube adapter support on wii u

Hyruled

Banned via Warnings
NNID
NSGHoenn90
So as many PM players know, the scene is slowly, and unfortunately dwindling. As someone who wants to play PM but only has access to Wii U and Gamecube, I can run it but without the ability to use my Sm4sh gamecube adapter and thus cannot play it at a high enough level. This problem is quite unfortunate, as I believe the time and effort into creating a balanced, technical game shouldn't be hindered by easily fixable hardware. This is why I've created a petition to make gamecube adapter useable on wii games, and therefore making competitive PM viable on the wii u.

Here's the petition, and if you think it's a good idea, maybe take a second to sign it. Let's allow PM to make a resurgence.

https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-m...ntrollers-compatible-with-previous-wii-titles

Last edited:

Jenna Zant

Smash Journeyman
I mean he has a wii u and the adapter I would think he would have a little bit of money.
I have a Wii U. I don't have the money to be throwing at Smash. Just because they have a Wii U doesn't mean they can afford to buy stuff. Maybe they got it for Christmas or their birthday?

hi im dennis

Smash Apprentice
I have a Wii U. I don't have the money to be throwing at Smash. Just because they have a Wii U doesn't mean they can afford to buy stuff. Maybe they got it for Christmas or their birthday?
Maybe you shouldn't get so angry over me making a suggestion, bud.

Hyruled

Banned via Warnings
NNID
NSGHoenn90
Firstly, just buying a wii isn't a horrible suggestion, it just doesn't really fit my capabilities. Unfortunately, the cheapest I can find a wii console is 45 dollars plus an adapter, and there's just no reason to do that when it comes to the fact that I've already spent 200+ dollars on sm4sh, melee, an adapter, and two controllers not counting the wii u and gamecube. It really isn't worth getting another console. Plus, I wouldn't even have the room to plug it into the TV.

hi im dennis

Smash Apprentice
Firstly, just buying a wii isn't a horrible suggestion, it just doesn't really fit my capabilities. Unfortunately, the cheapest I can find a wii console is 45 dollars plus an adapter, and there's just no reason to do that when it comes to the fact that I've already spent 200+ dollars on sm4sh, melee, an adapter, and two controllers not counting the wii u and gamecube. It really isn't worth getting another console. Plus, I wouldn't even have the room to plug it into the TV.
http://www.amazon.com/Mayflash-Nint...r=8-1&keywords=gamecube+to+wii+remote+adapter
Here is the adapter I have that I use with my wii because I have one of the newer ones without the gamecube ports. It works great, its only 14 dollars, and works with both wii and wii u. only problem is that it only has 1 slot so you would need another one if you wanted to play with somebody else.

Last edited:

himemiya

Smash Lord
Sell your wiiu for a wii. Why bother with a wiiu anyways? How about make a petition for the next gen console be design like the gamecube controller and only has that and ccpro being another option only.

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
Petitions don't help anything, especially for a community made and free game like PM. Most developments in this game are made as they are discovered to be feasibly possible with current coding knowledge of Brawl and Wii/Wii U Homebrew as a whole.

As far as I understand, there is research underway as to get lagless GameCube controller inputs to work on the Wii U for Wii games, creating a petition will not speed it up. Just sit tight.

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Yes, petitions are silly.
Show that you're willing to finance someone to write the drivers / software etc. for it, though, and you've got yourself a hot ticket to aiding the development of one, or at least the reason(s) why it's impossible / not feasible.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Sell your wiiu for a wii. Why bother with a wiiu anyways? How about make a petition for the next gen console be design like the gamecube controller and only has that and ccpro being another option only.
Gamecube controller is ****ing ass and only good for Smash.

Bluekirby2

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bluekirby2
I'm in favor of this just so I can play my VC games with a GameCube controller.

Jamble

Smash Apprentice
Okay, a couple things bug me about posts like this. The PM team has their hands full with quite a few things that I'd argue are more important, such as overall continued development (plus they have lives outside of just PM). They have messed with getting the adapter working as well (it'd be great if they did for me too, because my working Wii lacks GC ports even though I prefer classic controller) but just haven't really gotten to yet. It's not as simple to do as you'd think, since most of these things require some considerable reverse engineering because this is a Brawl mod, and they're working with Nintendo's code to make it do something it was not at all intended to do. PM even existing as it does is a pretty impressive thing.

If you have any resources, technical knowledge, anything of the sort that would help the project, and help get the adapter working, then please come forward and offer them your help with it. Petitions like this honestly seem really rude to the devs and rub me the wrong way.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Petitions usually only work when the task is simple and the only thing preventing its completion is developer desire. Neither of those are the case here. This petition isn't suddenly going to make it easy to accomplish. Sowwy.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
What is bad about it?
It's not so much, what is bad about it, but that everyone else does it better, including Nintendo themselves. The Wii U Pro Controller is such a huge upgrade from the GameCube controller but falls short because the buttons are placed below the right stick.

Bleck

Smash Master
this would be rad honestly but also like shrug who cares

MegaMissingno

Smash Ace
NNID
missingno
What is bad about it?
Worst d-pad ever made, borderline unusable. Only three shoulder buttons, and way too much travel time on the analog L/R. No grip on the C-stick. Weird face button layout that was only good for first party games designed around it, while third parties all design around the diamond every other platform is using.

jam3s007

Smash Cadet
Worst d-pad ever made, borderline unusable. Only three shoulder buttons, and way too much travel time on the analog L/R. No grip on the C-stick. Weird face button layout that was only good for first party games designed around it, while third parties all design around the diamond every other platform is using.
The controller is terrible for time-splitters 2 & 3, as well as XIII and every other console shooter.

Last edited:

Hyruled

Banned via Warnings
NNID
NSGHoenn90
Okay, a couple things bug me about posts like this. The PM team has their hands full with quite a few things that I'd argue are more important, such as overall continued development (plus they have lives outside of just PM). They have messed with getting the adapter working as well (it'd be great if they did for me too, because my working Wii lacks GC ports even though I prefer classic controller) but just haven't really gotten to yet. It's not as simple to do as you'd think, since most of these things require some considerable reverse engineering because this is a Brawl mod, and they're working with Nintendo's code to make it do something it was not at all intended to do. PM even existing as it does is a pretty impressive thing.

If you have any resources, technical knowledge, anything of the sort that would help the project, and help get the adapter working, then please come forward and offer them your help with it. Petitions like this honestly seem really rude to the devs and rub me the wrong way.
I'm not petitioning to the devs, that'd be stupid and unreasonable. I'm petitioning to nintendo to include gamecube controller adapter support to the wii channel's games that used to support it back on the wii. (Like brawl and sonic colors)

Top Bottom