• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peter Pepper for Brawl!

Galvanic

Smash Journeyman
Do you remember the game BurgerTime? I didn't that much until recently, when I saw it in an arcade, but, apparently, the Chef had a name; Peter Pepper.

For those of you who don't know who I'm talking about...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YlTSrYpeYEI

I think he'd make an awesome Brawler. We already know some of his move set. I never played the sequels and thus I don't know what other attacks and such he could have:

B = Pepper Spray
Tosses pepper which stuns victom
Final Smash = Patty Drop
A giant burger pieces from the screen, instantly KOing those directly under it.
What do you think?

Tlaloc

Smash Journeyman
Man, Burger Time is a classic. For that reason Peter Pepper does deserve to be in Brawl for being an icon; but I doubt he will get in.

Galvanic

Smash Journeyman
Man, Burger Time is a classic. For that reason Peter Pepper does deserve to be in Brawl for being an icon; but I doubt he will get in.
So true...

I just looked it up, and apparently he had some pot and pan arsenal for an updated version, "Super Burger Time." That would make for an interesting move set.

Tlaloc

Smash Journeyman
ha? this is a joke?
There are plenty of joke threads out there which get loads of posts (Mary Kate & Ashley, Chili dog) which is a shame, while it is sad that serious threads like these don't get to be taken seriously.

Tlaloc

Smash Journeyman
Since he is third party, he needs to make it only as playable, not AT. Now if only they would allow for third party themed stages; it would be cool to have a Burgertime stage.

LostAddict

Smash Apprentice
...why?

seriously, characters i want are because they're unique, have a nice design and i can see having an interesting play style.

he's a chef. with no personality.

why?

Mogrika

Smash Apprentice
...why?

seriously, characters i want are because they're unique, have a nice design and i can see having an interesting play style.

he's a chef. with no personality.

why?
Because the people who suggest these characters want to seem like interesting know it all videogamers by suggesting 25 year old crap no one has heard of, in reality they're just basement dwellers with no girlfriends.:)

Tlaloc

Smash Journeyman
Because the people who suggest these characters want to seem like interesting know it all videogamers by suggesting 25 year old crap no one has heard of, in reality they're just basement dwellers with no girlfriends.:)
So does that mean that someone like Mr. Game and Watch does not deserve to be in Brawl?

tirkaro

Smash Champion
as a largely retro gamer, I take offense to that.

Tlaloc

Smash Journeyman
G&W is older than Peter Pepper, and while te Peter character himself is not so known by his name; his game is a classic.

Tlaloc

Smash Journeyman
How can you even compare Peter Pepper's significance to the Nintendo universe with Mr. Game & Watch's?
The comparisson comes that G&W is older than Peter, yet an icon. You justification comes that GW is first party which has nothing to do on what I am trying to say.

OK, what if I compare Peter Pepper to Pac Man? The downside here is that PM is not in brawl at least yet.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
The truth hurts doesn't it?
So I'm basically a basement dweller for playing older games instead of drowning myself in the cesspool of overly easy, graphic-whoring pieces of digital garbage polluting a majority of today's gaming market?
yeesh, you sound like one of those stuck-up preps and jocks that force people to do what's "in" these days. Quit being a jackass.

lol wut? I'm not even a guy.
a girl who tells people they don't have girlfriends? does that make you a lesbian or something?

see, I can act like a wise-a$$ too.

Mogrika

Smash Apprentice
So I'm basically a basement dweller for playing older games instead of drowning myself in the cesspool of overly easy, graphic-whoring pieces of digital garbage polluting a majority of today's gaming market?
yeesh, you sound like one of those stuck-up preps and jocks that force people to do what's "in" these days. Quit being a jackass.
I'm not forcing anyone to do anything, it's not my fault you have to drown yourself in the cesspool of 8bit crap in order to feel special.

a girl who tells people they don't have girlfriends? does that make you a lesbian or something?
Considering most of you are guys, I'm sure girlfriends is what you're looking for, unless you're a ***got.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
I'm not forcing anyone to do anything, it's not my fault you have to drown yourself in the cesspool of 8bit crap in order to feel special.
I don't play retro games to feel special. I play them in order to have fun and to be challenged. So what if I don't like your uninspired FPSes and sports games? Just because I prefer a good game of chrono trigger or Mega Man 2 as opposed to crap like Halo or other 360 crap doesn't make me a loser. It just means I prefer certain games over others. stop being a Лох.

Tlaloc

Smash Journeyman
I am with tirkaro, you need to respect the classics. Or how old are you? Maybe it is because you are young that you can't have the feeling we older gamers have had growing up the past 2 or 3 decades.

LostAddict

Smash Apprentice

see, I can act like a wise-a$$ too.
sorry, i have to rip this apart.

actually, yeah, you do sound like a japanophile basement dweller who's so focused on being "different" that they totally refuse to do anything that might actually be good. you also sound like you got a superiority complex because of this great "i only play retro games, i'm so cool!" and that everyone that plays a modern game sucks. furthermore, based off your 'prep' and 'jock' lingo, i think this is further tangible evidence that you're a basement dweller, a japanophile, or both.

this is all incredibly ironic, because most of the time i'm guessing you don't actually play retro games, i'm guessing you play modern games. but you wish to sound cool on the internet.

and girls can make fun of guys to. such as how i could make fun of a girl for not having a boyfriend. certainly doesn't make me gay.

yeah, she pulled off the wise-*** a lot better though.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
sorry, i have to rip this apart.

actually, yeah, you do sound like a japanophile basement dweller who's so focused on being "different" that they totally refuse to do anything that might actually be good. you also sound like you got a superiority complex because of this great "i only play retro games, i'm so cool!" and that everyone that plays a modern game sucks. furthermore, based off your 'prep' and 'jock' lingo, i think this is further tangible evidence that you're a basement dweller, a japanophile, or both.

this is all incredibly ironic, because most of the time i'm guessing you don't actually play retro games, i'm guessing you play modern games. but you wish to sound cool on the internet.

and girls can make fun of guys to. such as how i could make fun of a girl for not having a boyfriend. certainly doesn't make me gay.

yeah, she pulled off the wise-*** a lot better though.
lol, wut? I never said I didn't play modern games. I play and enjoy plenty of modern games. I just think that today's games have gone a bit downhill, especially since I can beat a majority of today's games in about 5 hours nowadays. Older games, however, are hard, and give you more bang for your buck, and that's why I play them so much. Yeah, I was exaggerating in that post to get a point across. Mogrika was being an arrogant jackarse, so I felt the need to do the same.

HOWEVER, I still have every right to use my prep and jock lingo. You have no idea how bad that is in my school. I can't count how many times I get tormented for not having a cell-phone or a myspace or crap like that.

and also, how does liking classic games make me a japanophile? whats the connection? really? That just came out of nowhere.

but basically, this is the point: mogrika said that people like me are no-life basement dwellers. I naturally get offended. and I demand an apology.

Tlaloc

Smash Journeyman
Yeah he never said he was obsessed with Japan like some fanboys do, all he said is that just because le likes older games that does not make him less of a person.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
This character was actually on one of my dream rosters from years ago...

Galvanic

Smash Journeyman

If you have to ask that, you know that any character from that game will never be in Brawl.
No, it means that I don't know much about the specific history of many video game characters. I played this game when I was probably 5. That was around the same time that I played Ice Climbers, Kid Icarus (Pit), and F-Zero (C. Falcon), all of which completely blew me away at their appearance in Brawl. I didn't know that any of them were considered iconic today, and I didn't know if Burger Time was regarded in the same manor.

Mogrika said:
Because the people who suggest these characters want to seem like interesting know it all videogamers by suggesting 25 year old crap no one has heard of, in reality they're just basement dwellers with no girlfriends.:******:
Basement dweller...? No girlfriend...? Know it all video gamer wannabe..? Honestly, why jump on the attack when you don't know me at all? Mud slinging is the lowest form of debate. I wasn't trying to start a retro-riot by suggesting him for this game. It was just an afterthought childhood memory. I didn't know if he was popular or not. I just thought the game was fun.

Tlaloc

Smash Journeyman
No, it means that I don't know much about the specific history of many video game characters. I played this game when I was probably 5. That was around the same time that I played Ice Climbers, Kid Icarus (Pit), and F-Zero (C. Falcon), all of which completely blew me away at their appearance in Brawl. I didn't know that any of them were considered iconic today, and I didn't know if Burger Time was regarded in the same manor.

Basement dweller...? No girlfriend...? Know it all video gamer wannabe..? Honestly, why jump on the attack when you don't know me at all? Mud slinging is the lowest form of debate. I wasn't trying to start a retro-riot by suggesting him for this game. It was just an afterthought childhood memory. I didn't know if he was popular or not. I just thought the game was fun.
Yeah mogirka, you should know how to use your words better. Or is it that you have a grudge with your boyfriend and you came to bash us because of him here?

Top Bottom