• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Personal Favorite Character Sizes/Weights?

What is your favorite character size?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RanserSSF4

Banned via Administration
NNID
RanserSSF4
I know this may not be related to characters or anything like that (I just entered Smashboards today), but I want to personally ask, what character sizes/weights do you like/prefer the most.

For me, I'm a big fan of Heavy Weights (Bowser, DK, Ganondorf, and DDD) because they're very hard to KO and can hit back very hard, despite being comboed easily and zoned out by projectiles. I do like some medium weight and light weight characters, but I still prefer Heavy Weights the most!

Morbi

Scavenger
I always go for the heavy-weight characters; Ganondorf is my predominant main. I always have a lot of fun with the heavy weights, they are so much more satisfying to use. Typically, they are attributed as more difficult to use. As a low-tier warrior, it raises my self-esteem to use them. I am also bad at DI, so they help me out a bit.

RanserSSF4

NNID
RanserSSF4
I always go for the heavy-weight characters; Ganondorf is my predominant main. I always have a lot of fun with the heavy weights, they are so much more satisfying to use. Typically, they are attributed as more difficult to use. As a low-tier warrior, it raises my self-esteem to use them. I am also bad at DI, so they help me out a bit.
Heavy Weights have really good advantages, but because of their disadvantages, they're not used that much. IMO, some of the best I've seen in certain smash games is Ganondorf in Melee, DDD in Brawl, and pretty much every heavy weight in Project M. For Smash 4, not sure at this point, other than Bowser possibly being one of the best heavy weights in the game until the final version comes out!

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Heavy Weights. Mainly since they tend to have Super Armor and Devastating attacks.

Last edited:

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
I like light-weights, because they tend to be speedier and have better jumps.

RanserSSF4

NNID
RanserSSF4
I like light-weights, because they tend to be speedier and have better jumps.
I'm not a huge fan of light-weights because they tend to get KO'ed faster and don't have much kill power, but I do agree, they're faster and have better jumps.

P.S. I saw your "PLANNED MAINS:" part and want to know how you did it.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
P.S. I saw your "PLANNED MAINS:" part and want to know how you did it.
Do you mean how to make a signature?
On the top-right of the forum homepage, you will see your name and icon. Hover over that to see a drop-down menu. One of the options should be 'signature' - click on that and you'll be able to edit it.

Last edited:

Sol_Vent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
l-Sorubento-l
3DS FC
1375-8278-3354
The characters I play don't really have a consistent weight. The only physics-related correlation between them is that they generally have good air speed and/or aerial mobility. And if not that, then they'll usually have an interesting mid-range projectile game.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I like Medium, because they're usually the most varied.
I count Floaty-Heavyweights (Like Samus) as Mediums, so...
:rob: 4 Smash.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
It's personal preferance, so my decent in-between "doesn't matter to me" pertains to me.

I'm fine with mobility elements that make Heavy-Weight's floaty such as Bowser, not so heavy but not-as-heavy-weights that fall faster making them more heavy than the heaviest characters in terms of weight.

It's fun, especially when mechanics like Momentum Cancel alludes the distinction of light, medium, & heavy's.

RanserSSF4

NNID
RanserSSF4
Do you mean how to make a signature?
On the top-right of the forum homepage, you will see your name and icon. Hover over that to see a drop-down menu. One of the options should be 'signature' - click on that and you'll be able to edit it.
Thanks, but I'm going to have to experiment with it to know how to do it.

Petrichor

Smash Apprentice
Heavy characters are awesome. Even though he's terrible, Ganondorf is one of my favourite Brawl characters. It's just so satisfying to connect with his attacks and send people flying. Not very good strategically, I know, but it feels so right.

The fact that heavyweights have traditionally been sub-par characters is kind of sad, because they're a lot of fun to play with. But with Bowser having been buffed so much, I'm hoping that heavyweights will be much more viable this time around.

sandslash

Smash Apprentice
It depends. I like characters for the most part that are light but floaty. I want the character to react as fast as possible so i can manuever how i want. I like playing as pikachu, mario, and toon link. Some characters who are small but fall fast and i dont like the feel of that. I'm really not very good with lots of characters but excellent with pikachu.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Heavy weights are more fun to play to me. But there are also characters I enjoy that are light weight, like Sanic.
In the end, its more about the character than the weight.

Souldin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Souldin
3DS FC
4854-6557-6769
I'm not sure I have a specific preferences for size or weight classes. My mains in Brawl included Kirby, R.O.B, Ganondorf, King Dedede, Ice Climbers, Wolf and I also used Luigi and Lucario quite often. It all depends on how the overall character plays and the techniques they have.

In terms of just their overall weight and size, I guess I'd say my favourite would be Wolf. I'd say he is my favourite in terms of simply moving and jumping with the character. I guess that'd put my favourite at something like a medium-heavy; it's honestly a little difficult to separate the SSB cast into just three weight classes considering how each character varies.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
I main Zelda and ZSS so, I guess lighter and taller characters? I would prefer if Zelda were heavier, though. I guess I don't really have a preference.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Overall I'd say I use middleweights the most, but I find using lightweights to be the most fun/thrilling.

Heavyweights, it really depends on the moveset but I don't really like using them. They feel clunky and I end up just feeling exposed most of the time....I'll definitely give them another go in this smash though.

When I say moveset I mean I'd be far far more likely to use Bowser or Ike over Ganondorf, Donkey Kong or King Dedede because I prefer their play style.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Either middleweight or heavyweight for me.

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I prefer using medium weights and light weights, since they tend to be faster and have more combo ability than heavy weights (hence why Mario and Falco are my favorite characters).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom