• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Perfect Control - AR video - FINISHED!!

Oranjoose

Smash Apprentice
Sweet Omnigamer, just get on DC++, and only be in the smash hub with several slots open. I can download it, and since I'm active, anyone can download it from me. My username is "Oranjoose."

dark_dragon8

Smash Ace
Get Simna, PXT, Mothership or another T1 or T3 connection to host, if you can't, I would suggest putting it up for temporary download and I'm sure it will be shared on DC++ then (maybe just post in like the back room or something in the start, because it will have less leechers).

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
I plan to simply upload it to yousendit.com and advertise the link. It'll only be stored there for a week, but that's more than enough time for all the people who've been awaiting the project to get it, most of whom will then share on the hub.

Speak of the devil, it just finished.

Perfect Control
Perfect Control (Mirror, thanks to jjl)

The beginning may look a little fuzzy, but please understand that that one clip was encoded close to 5 seperate times, so you'd have to expect some loss in quality ^_^;

Oranjoose

Smash Apprentice
jjl's mirror doesn't work. Hopefully that Yousendit will work for a while, because that was simply amazing. Let me finish watching it.

EDIT: I'm done watching, WOW!!! That was truly a work of art. I especially liked the edge dancing with 3-4 foxes edge blastering, and the Yoshis even more.

BTW, that music sounded like a remix of the Mystic Cave music from Sonic the Hedgehog 2, which I loved. Great choice of music, I'm so glad you didn't metal or punk rock that one like most montages or combo videos. No offense of course to those who have used that type of music in their vids, I have nothing against your tastes.

dark_dragon8

Smash Ace
OMG I just saw this... it is PERFECT. I loved the powersheilding Peach, that is simply amazing. The Fox's reflector going THAT fast, it's almost like the reflector is left on and no jump cancelling is there, simply amazing. Nice job editing, it must have been a B**** to edit, thanks SDM and Omni!

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Very very nice! That was some crazy ****! Powershielding peach was my favorite too, but everything was really cool. Props!

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Great, great, great!!!

This must be the best smash bros. vid I've ever seen. (Next to Shined Blind and The Hylian Nightmare)

S.S.

Smash Rookie
I couldn't get sound on the video, but that didn't matter. I saw some of the old stuff, but the new stuff by itself rocked the world, especially the ledge hopping parts. Very nice job on the project.

Maelstrom

Smash Journeyman
S.S. said:
I couldn't get sound on the video, but that didn't matter. I saw some of the old stuff, but the new stuff by itself rocked the world, especially the ledge hopping parts. Very nice job on the project.
Sooo true..Ledgehoping was too sick (especially with yoshi :laugh: :yoshi: )...Nice job everyone

Pheonix Gamma

Smash Cadet
I liked the Samus stuff, especially the first samus clip with the powerslide and then the KO. That was awesome.

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
whats going on when the people are dodging roy's fare blade and then counter it? are they powershielding or is something else going on? very nice job

The Cape

Smash Master
omegablackmage said:
whats going on when the people are dodging roy's fare blade and then counter it? are they powershielding or is something else going on? very nice job
Invinciblity frames.

Zeke

Smash Apprentice
Hats off to Omni and SuperDoodleMan. Amazing video guys, it will be a legend amonst video game movies, mark my words.

With that said I have a couple of questions:

1. What is that Marth doing at the 1:55 mark?
2. Is that Link part at the :40 mark in real-time? It seems like it was slightly sped up.
3. Actually, is EVERYTHING real-time? It might be a good idea to edit the video and add that tag-line.

Once again, an amazing video. Well done.

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
Everything is real time, or as close to it as video will allow. Since the game runs at 60 frames per second, and almost all consumer video types run at 30 fps or less, you won't see every single frame, but it'll still move just as fast. Standard NTSC video is 29.97 fps, so if it does appear to be sped up, it's only extremely slight.

The marth is dash-dancing at a frame perfect rate.

Let me explain the flare blade. A fully charged flare blade only has attack frames for 1 frame, similar to Jiggly's rest or Fox/Falco's shine. Regardless of whether that frame connects or not, the explosion still happens. This makes it at least look a bit neat. What you saw happening in the vid were various characters using moves that make them completely invincible for at least 1 frame, but is generally not known about or difficult to utilize.

Dawg

Smash Apprentice
cool video, i really like the parts with 4 characters jumping on and off one ledge, good work guys

im sure its already been said and itd prolly be too hard to make, but a perfect control combo vid or match would be amazing

Thomaz

Smash Lord
Dawg said:
cool video, i really like the parts with 4 characters jumping on and off one ledge, good work guys

im sure its already been said and itd prolly be too hard to make, but a perfect control combo vid or match would be amazing
It's a great video indeed, good work SDM and Omni. :D

Anyway, I don't think a match would work, since, well, a perfect match would be a match in which no one gets damage because of the powershielding, I guess. =p

A combo vid would be nice tho. =p

SuperDoodleMan

Smash Ace
The trick is to Double Jump Land right after powershielding. That is, jump cancel your shield, and do a midair jump the first frame you're in the air. The dip will cause Peach to land in her waiting animation, meaning you can powershield again the frame after you land, though you'll have a frame or two to spare before the next laser is close enough to powershield.

gothieboy101

Smash Cadet
mic_128 said:
Debug mode. You can play it a single frame everytime you press a button (Z i think..i cant remember) basically, you can slow it down easy.

uh wats debugger -_- :lick:

oh and the vid kicks wat mexicans call donkeys except without jack at beggining...10/10...the jigglypuff part was scary

MrSilver

BRoomer
BRoomer
If there ever is a Perfect Control 2 I already have some 30 seconds of AR'd footage. Mostly funny ways of power shielding charge shots and also a vid where I use super human DI to get out of Fox' reflector infinite with Link.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
gothieboy101 said:
uh wats debugger -_- :lick:

Wikipedia-A debugmenu is a menu in which game-playing actions can be used to set options, pick characters and items, and control other aspects of game play. It is not intended to be accessible to players within the game, but only to programmers or play-testers debugging the game. It can only be accessed by cheating, which in some cases requires special hardware devices.

Top Bottom