• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

People! This is not Melee! Brawl was NOT made for Tournament players!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAMaine

Smash Journeyman
People feel the need to make "Brawl is not Melee" topics because other people are trying to make Brawl INTO Melee. I personally think you guys should try everything in Brawl before deciding it is not fit for tournament play... I mean wasn't items initially banned because you could hit a container and it'd explode and KO you? And now, the explosive containers can be turned off, are marked, AND require like a dozen hits!

As much as I might agree with the title, this OP truly is the face of stupid, as supported by his poor argumentation (there is better support than items and final smashes), and lack of prudence when posting this amidst competitive players. Go **** yourself, stupid.
:laugh: I swear, some of these posts have just been making my day.

Michael Blaine

Smash Apprentice
i agree wit trajan if ur gona play the game u might as well play fa yourself, theres no point of tournaments becuse rules mess up the true meanin of smash, don worry man i see what ur sayin and i agree

Vijin

Smash Ace
SO what's the true meaning of smash?
If I find that going to tournaments and competing is more fun than just playing boring *** story mode, then that's the true meaning, as far as I'm concerned.

Puddin Master

Smash Apprentice
You people are blind. You don't see the true meaning behind this post? Thank you, Face. This is what I needed, a good laugh. :D

But I really hate it when people complain about things that should be banned. >_>

If I find that going to tournaments and competing is more fun than just playing boring *** story mode, then that's the true meaning, as far as I'm concerned.
The true meaning is you should stop pissing and moaning about how you don't like it and get over it. :)

-Linko-

Smash Journeyman
http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=O-xSNzYqHGg

Finals of the first Melee tournament in Viginia: Azen vs Anden

Guess what-there were items in (Low frecuency, but there were in), and all stages were on. Azen got the luck factor against him, but he won.

Can anybody here explain me that?

Can anybody please tell me when and why were items and hazardous stages banned from Smash Tourneys?

Michael Blaine

Smash Apprentice
tha tru meanin of smash is to play with frinds or fam not at a cold hartless hotel confrence room. also at tornaments people be clownin and when u get three stocked ppl are lookin at you and sometime it makes me wanna be violent

PopeOfChiliTown

Smash Ace
I like Brawl, Mr. Stupid. I will enjoy playing it in tournaments, and watching the scene grow as its depth is explored. I'll play without items because they bore me, and I'll explore any and all exploits that help me win in a competitive environment. To me, that is fun.

Now, if you can somehow conjure the rationality, I implore you to give me any reason why me or anyone who thinks like me should give a **** what you think?

WFL

Smash Journeyman
THIS. ISN'T. MELEE. IT. IS. BRAWL. DAMMIT.
Those are all sentence fragments, I refuse to read anything but the title of your post.

And to address your title, of course brawl wasn't made for tournaments. Although it does accommodate, in no way should it be made for competitive players because the majority of people that will buy brawl (I'd guess somewhere around 85-90%) are buying it to play with friends with no intention to examine the game any further than jumping and hitting the c-stick.

Vijin

Smash Ace
tha tru meanin of smash is to play with frinds or fam not at a cold hartless hotel confrence room. also at tornaments people be clownin and when u get three stocked ppl are lookin at you and sometime it makes me wanna be violent
Seriously, why are you posting here?
You've obviously never been to a tournament.

Back to gamefaqs with you.

Demon_machinE

Smash Journeyman
The TC is a pussyass ****ing *** ********** piece of **** who can lick my ****ing balls and munch my **** right out of my turd hole.

I like Brawl, Mr. Stupid. I will enjoy playing it in tournaments, and watching the scene grow as its depth is explored. I'll play without items because they bore me, and I'll explore any and all exploits that help me win in a competitive environment. To me, that is fun.

Now, if you can somehow conjure the rationality, I implore you to give me any reason why me or anyone who thinks like me should give a **** what you think?

You don't HAVE to, it's the internet really. :dizzy:

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
God ****. When are people gonna get the OBVIOUS JOKE staring at them at face.

I've heard of hiding things to open view but this is redicioulous.

Michael Blaine

Smash Apprentice
sakurai took waving awat and l cancel to ruin otrnaments. it's a standrd fact of the internet, its on wikipedia

Luigi player

Smash Master
People! This is not Melee! Brawl was NOT made for Tournament players!

Well, DUH! Everyone knows this isn't Melee, and you're not really right, it was not ONLY made for tournament players.

It's probably true that Sakurai wanted to make this game mostly for casuals and less for competitive players, but he also made it for them.

Revven

FrankerZ
The TC is a pussyass ****ing *** ********** piece of **** who can lick my ****ing balls and munch my **** right out of my turd hole.
Umm... wow, this is the saddest post in the entire thread. No really, is the internet this serious? Yeah, it is.

This is a great example of how hot tempered one can get, and all I can do is just... be appalled by it.

When are all the n00bs and angrymen going to leave? :(

Although, if it's a joke, it's a pretty good one. :laugh:

Trajan

Smash Cadet
You don't HAVE to, it's the internet really. :dizzy:
Yeah, the internet is apparently the perfect place for people like you, where ignorance reigns and logic and reason are largely unknown. You make a post complaining about people complaining....and then continue to complain when people call you for it.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
The other joke topic that was made about "Brawl not being competitive and Brawl not being Melee 2.0" was actually funny. Especially with the Landmaster bit.

This really isn't all that funny. It was also a piss-poor attempt at being a righteous avenger on the internet and trying to prove some elaborate point.

GG, though.

Smooth Criminal (in b4 lock)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom