• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

People that spam moves online

stratele

Smash Apprentice
I mean like when people use the same move thought the whole match. It doesn't like really bother me. Its just why?

List what characters and what moves they use, and maybe give some tips on how to stop them doing it, and make them look stuipid in the process.

I come across alot of kirby - B downers.

Pikachu B downers

Pit B across - (oh god)

Today I just found out that when kirbys in the oblect state after the move, you can grap them! If everyone already knows about this then I look stupid, but I used it alot today.

Best101

Smash Ace
Welcome to Super Smash Bros. You're going to have to get used to n00bs who spam and don't want to fight online. Also everyone pretty much knows you can grab Kirby out of the rock form. You can hit out if you hit hard enough

ducky285

Smash Journeyman
Pika DownB - Airdodge, DI away or reflect it

Pit SideB - DI away

Kirby DownB - Grab (known since SSB64)

Pearl Floatzel

Smash Apprentice
I spam Kirby's taunts and Captain Falcon's taunts and Falcon Punch. If I can suck up a Captain Falcon, I then spam Kirby's Falco! Punsh!
I doubt I irritate anyone gameplay-wise.
Mental-health-wise? I've made a lot of people hate Kirby.

TYGA

Smash Rookie
I mean like when people use the same move thought the whole match. It doesn't like really bother me. Its just why?

List what characters and what moves they use, and maybe give some tips on how to stop them doing it, and make them look stuipid in the process.

I come across alot of kirby - B downers.

Pikachu B downers

Pit B across - (oh god)

Today I just found out that when kirbys in the oblect state after the move, you can grap them! If everyone already knows about this then I look stupid, but I used it alot today.
One time I was playing against Kirby and I was DK. I found it quite easy to charge up a punch wait till she down-b'd and then punch the crap outta her.

bobson

Smash Lord
I like to go in free-for-alls with Pit and use nothing but his side-B. I usually win.

Septuagint

Smash Cadet
Air dodging is the answer. Short hop air dodge roll. And when you're near enough use your characters techniques.

Crazy_mofo213

Smash Lord

JuniorToons

Smash Apprentice
Well, you can DESTROY them so you can have a good match with the other players if you are playing a 3 or 4 player game. Or you can spam a good move or combo on them and show them how they feel. That's all I got to offer, I know there are more, so I guess you have to read other posts.

Immortal_One

Smash Apprentice
Pit's Forward B and Meta Knight's Forward B are by far the WORST spams I get. Pit's is easy to deal with though. I main with the IC's too, so all I have to do is get to the other side of Pit, Chain grab and then BYAWWWWWWW.

Sad Panda323

Smash Journeyman
You forgot to mention Link/TLink's dair.

Anyway, this is the reason why online shouldn't be taken serious at all, because spamming is a fairly effective technique online, but offline, it is much easier to punish.

Zanoske

Smash Journeyman
I think Nintendo is on to me... While i spam my pika pika taunt or kirby's ever annoying "HI, HI, HI..."

I sometimes get disconnected for no reason and when i DONT spam anything, i dont dc?

I think this is a sign that Nintendo is watching us but never watches our servers filling with something horribly invented called "lag"

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
This isnt really relevant to online play but ok, your talking exclusively wifi spammers. I think alot of people are very sick of the poor wifi capabilities of smash and could not be bothered playing to anywhere near their full fighting potential and are just spamming you to annoy you.
It's pretty common on "With Anybody" these days.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Tap shield, see how long it takes for your shield to come out.

Do your shields and dodges ahead of time.

Jump over projectiles (Most Pits will be inaccurate with their arrows online).

Also, "With Anybody" is a great way to find newbs. If you want to be exposed to people's playstyles and there aren't people to play with offline, try finding people in chatrooms or matchmaking sites.

allisbrawl.com has an awesome online smash community and some amazing players that can leave you in awe because they can make online play look like offline ;3

PCHU

Smash Lord
It's called 'killing the spammer'.
Kill them and kill them fast, else they'll steal your potential kills, and worse yet win.

Space well and shield when you need to, punish them for all of their spam.

ToxiCrow

Smash Ace
i no this one kid that plays DDD and spams side-b.

the same kid also spams pit's neutral b.
i just wait for an opening and then punish him when he gets close, so shield grab often. usually people who spam arent too good in close ranged fights, so be just be patient and wait for a grab; then take it from there.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I played this one guy who kept falcon punching.
Omg.
I enjoyed that match.

Safu

Smash Cadet
People that usally use nesses/lucas pk thunder for cheap kills but if u gaurd or side step the're screwed :p

Neeq

Smash Rookie
I spam a lot online. It's not like a tourney where everything is srs business, so I'll just abuse Sonic's YOU'RE TOO SLOW and spring, or play an overly defensive Dedede with only ftilts dtilts and waddle dee spam. And nothing is greater than winning a match with only falcon punches.

aggrogahu

Smash Cadet
I was playing "With Anyone" earlier today and there was an Ike that did nothing but fsmash. It was annoying to say the least, mostly 'cause it was all of a sudden effective because of the laggy 3 player melee. He also stole a KO of mine when I threw a pitfall at someone and he walks up and fsmashes him. "With Anyone" is really just a waste of time; I don't know why I ever play that mode from time to time.

TheSundanceKid

Smash Lord
What I do is if someone is getting really annoying because of spamming, I chose that chracter and the color and beat them with it. Most of the time they have no idea how to use the char and quit...

Tenki

Smash Hero
What I do is if someone is getting really annoying because of spamming, I chose that chracter and the color and beat them with it. Most of the time they have no idea how to use the char and quit...
I hate it when I wipe out a 'With Anyone' free for all using a character like Ike or Sonic in a legitimate manner (Spacing/movereading with Ike, chasegame/mindgame/combos/etc with Sonic) and some newbcake thinks I'm spamming and tries to use the character and uses it in the most inefficient way possible (move spamming with Ike, spindash spamming with Sonic) the next game.

I usually single them out for being a nuisance/insult the next game `.`;

With Friends > With Anyone ;d

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
The worst ones are the Zelda side B spammers and pikachus in general

I wonder if they actually realize how much they suck

I can usually make a spammer leave after about 3-4 matches. Single them out and destroy them every time

AAAAHHHHHHHH BUG!

Smash Rookie
i see people spam with DK for his downB thing but it is easy to dodge, counter but once i get caught up in it well its hard to get out just attack from above in melee i used to spam the multi-man brawl then i got falco! amazing....

Bufu_Man

Smash Ace
I spam the following. mk tornado, shuttleloop, and downsmash. bowsers fire and forrestress. dks, ftilt, and quake, mario fireballs, pikachu thunder and thunder jolt, zeldas dins fire and dsmash, marths dancing blade, fair, fmash, gannons wizards foot, and darkchoke, falco lasers, wolf lasers, fsmash,downsmash, pits arrow and his >b special that goes ayayayayyayaya, snakes tilts, grenades, snakedash, nairs, robs gyro, lasers, nairs, bairs, fairs, dsmash. i spam alot of things in general. theres also a huge diffrence between a smart spammer and a dumb one. i fall under the "smart spammer catergory" =)

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Yoshis down B, annoying as hell, its easy to counter, but, really......
Some DDD's just sit in the corner throwing waddle dees at you while the other 3 are fighting LOL.
Wolf with their Fsmashes.

arwnightmare

Smash Cadet
ness's bat is perfect for pikachu's b-down..cuz when u hit him same time the lightning does..he gets shocked by his own lighting too bcuz ness bat has teh reflective power

Shadow_of_Link

Smash Apprentice
I actually TRY to suck online ( it's hard not to, what with lag), because even if I start doing remotely good (shielding, spacing, etc.), people leave. And we all know how hard it is to get a match without CPU's, or even a match at all :ohwell:

Royale

Smash Journeyman
jesus im in a match against pikachu and 2 metaknights and all the pikachu does is down b. SHUT UP ALREADY YOU SUCK

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Pikachu Down B - Use Lucas's PSI Magnet. Make sure the magnet covers Pikachuor absorbs the bolt before it hits Pika. Release it after and Pika will receive some damage. Easier to do on the ground but works in midair too.

Pit Side B - DI away.

Kirby Down B - Grab or C4 stick them with Snake. I just learned you can stick them even when Kirby is still a stone. Detonate when they jump to do it again and it will be a KO if he's over 40%.

A6M Zero

Smash Ace
I'm the type of spammer that haunts your nightmares, I'm the guy that mixes in just enough other moves so that you look like a Johnnie.

Yes, I'm a Fox. Yes, it ALWAYS needs more Up-Tilt.

Looper

Smash Journeyman
Welcome to Super Smash Bros. You're going to have to get used to n00bs who spam and don't want to fight online. Also everyone pretty much knows you can grab Kirby out of the rock form. You can hit out if you hit hard enough
you were able to grab kirby out of his rock form in the first super smash bros. game on the nintendo 64, which came out over 9 years ago

Top Bottom