• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

People playing Lame

clockwalker

Smash Rookie
What's the point? I hope they're just 10 year olds who don't know any better.
You'd think Sakurai would want to implement some kind of player rating system since he cares so much about online staying "fun". I'm not having fun fighting Pikachu's and Megamam players who sit there and drain the timer with constant projectiles. It's so boring. Maybe they could have a player review thing like Xbox Live.

*Notice: I'm not saying these people should be banned or anything, I just want to be able to avoid them.

Last edited:

MarioFireRed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MarioFireRed
3DS FC
5026-4457-8398
There's a reason there's a For Fun and For Glory mode in the first place.

Plus if you don't like playing With Anyone just stay offline or go schedule some sm4sh with friends online. Simple as that. There's certain risks involved when playing with anonymous players and spammers are one of them. Either deal with it or leave it.

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
There is a player rating system. After playing a few hundred matches, you will eventually find more skilled players, based around you w/l record.
According to some people on here, of course. @Zipzo didn't you say something of the sort on this subject? Mind clarifying if I am incorrect?

xExcel

Smash Apprentice
If you can't adapt to spam don't bother playing anymore. It's something you just have to deal with.

Shiliski

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4570-7099-6924
If you can't adapt to spam don't bother playing anymore. It's something you just have to deal with.
Personally I don't care if they spam or not. Please, inflate my w/l percentage by being predictable. I don't mind.

Plus there are times when spamming is actually legit and optimal. "What's the best move I can use right now? Star Bits! Okay so that's done, now what's the best move? Still Star Bits! Okay I just did that again, what's the best move now? Well the opponent hasn't learned to stop running at my Luma yet so... more Star Bits? Sounds good. He just took ~50% because he doesn't know how to jump or roll! Cooool."

Same with Din's Fire, or most projectiles. Especially for characters that only have one projectile. Since you know, as long as your opponent is at a distance your one projectile is probably going to be your best (by virtue of being your only) attack option at that moment.

If you're actually having trouble with spammers, there's probably some lesson that you need to learn. If you aren't having trouble but just find them annoying, then... meh, just wreck them and leave after the match.

Last edited:

sunshinesan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
sunshinesan
3DS FC
2836-1118-8472
People use strategies to win in a mode that encourages people to win. Don't blame the people, blame how the game rewards that kind of play. Final Destination also encourages spamming of that nature, which is unfortunate.

Raijinken

Smash Master
Play Mac, punish.

But really, unless it's lagging a lot (in which case you're very justified to quit after one round), just adapt and kill 'em.

clockwalker

Smash Rookie
If it were a hyper competitive online fighting game like SF I wouldn't care, I'd expect it, but I guess my mind set is just different on this game. I have issues being patient in this game, and that normally isn't a problem for me in any other fighting game. There are moments where I'll just stop trying to attack and the opponent sits there and stares at me until I move. How is that a thing????

peterisyum

Smash Rookie
NNID
peterisyum
3DS FC
4682-8478-7711
If it were a hyper competitive online fighting game like SF I wouldn't care, I'd expect it, but I guess my mind set is just different on this game. I have issues being patient in this game, and that normally isn't a problem for me in any other fighting game. There are moments where I'll just stop trying to attack and the opponent sits there and stares at me until I move. How is that a thing????
Coming from being a rager in games like LoL previously, and learning from that, all I can say is don't worry about winning or spamming or annoying strategies, your goal should always be to improve, instead of being frustrated you should enjoy the challenge of trying to figure out a killer strategy to beat the spam and then when you do, you will feel awesome. I think its important to realise that whilst smash can be a super fun casual couch experience with friends, all that goes out the window in the anonymity of the online world, just learn to enjoy the challenge of beating those one dimensional players :D

Top Bottom