• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

People, DONT RUIN THE GAME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jr.lizardking

Smash Cadet
Advanced techniques....You guys really need to stop finding them , I don't want this to turn out like melee.

Lets take it back to 4 years ago, when melee came out. A great game, very fun , untill some sheik player discovers the wave dash. Now, I instantly learned it, but refused to use it, because its an exploit, and quickly learned it was ruining tournement play. Tournement play is based on the actual game, not stupid exploits fans find. Anyways, back to the story. Soon after the wavedash was discovered, the short hope, and fast fall were discovered, and both were used to no end in tournements. You could not find a player who didn't short hop fast fall fox for the love of god, it was insanity. After this, tournement play went on a downward slope, waveshines were discovered, fox was abused like crazy, along with falco. Edgestalls, L-canceling, shino stalls, double edged laser, all these stupid techniques were founded, and abused to the point tournement play came down to who used the best exploits to cheat and win.

Overall, im pretty pissed off you people sharing this information with everyone, and why you would do this is simply beyond me. Do you feel ruining a game is fun ? do you find that making tournement play useless entertaining? Are you that ignorant? Please for the love of god, hopefully nintendo will take this out of the american realease because this is just stupid. PLEASE PEOPLE , THE GAME MUST BE SAVED.

gnosis

Smash Lord
Advanced techniques....You guys really need to stop finding them , I don't want this to turn out like melee.

Lets take it back to 4 years ago, when melee came out. A great game, very fun , untill some sheik player discovers the wave dash. Now, I instantly learned it, but refused to use it, because its an exploit, and quickly learned it was ruining tournement play. Tournement play is based on the actual game, not stupid exploits fans find. Anyways, back to the story. Soon after the wavedash was discovered, the short hope, and fast fall were discovered, and both were used to no end in tournements. You could not find a player who didn't short hop fast fall fox for the love of god, it was insanity. After this, tournement play went on a downward slope, waveshines were discovered, fox was abused like crazy, along with falco. Edgestalls, L-canceling, shino stalls, double edged laser, all these stupid techniques were founded, and abused to the point tournement play came down to who used the best exploits to cheat and win.

Overall, im pretty pissed off you people sharing this information with everyone, and why you would do this is simply beyond me. Do you feel ruining a game is fun ? do you find that making tournement play useless entertaining? Are you that ignorant? Please for the love of god, hopefully nintendo will take this out of the american realease because this is just stupid. PLEASE PEOPLE , THE GAME MUST BE SAVED.
Like, probably the stupidest post I've ever read on this board.

"Soon after the wavedash was discovered, the short hop and fast fall were discovered"

LOL, wtf...

edit: To clarify I am commending the poster on his/her achievements.

StealthFighterX

Smash Journeyman
Its never going to stop..brawl is a fighting game..so tournaments will breed AT's and ect..but i think its great i make the game more deep and a reason to master it.

Lefticle

Smash Journeyman
Trolling troll is troll.

Short hopping isn't an exploit. It's been covered officially by the Dojo as being in Brawl, which means it was meant to be in the game.

As for the other things you mention, quit being a *******. Whether or not those things were intended to be in Melee, like it or not, they were, and as long as they allow someone to play with more skill and aptitude, people will use them in their quest to better the competition. That's what competition is about: finding an edge over your opponent, taking what works and using it.

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
The only ignorant person here is you, my friend. Short hopping, l-cancelling, fast falling, edgestalls...none of those are exploits.

Advanced techniques require skill to perform. People who can do them should have an advantage over those who cannot. If you want to play with people of your own level, scrounge up some scrubs and host a tourny.

Phyvo

Smash Journeyman
How are we ruining this game for you? Are we forcing you to play with no items on final destination or something?

You can play the way you want, we can play the way we want. Is there a problem with that?

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
First of all, a Luigi player from California found wavedash. Second, short hop and fast fall came YEARS before wavedash. Three, Fox was abused long before waveshines.

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
I f***ing lol'd. You come to the cradle of competitive Smash and say that advanced techs RUIN the game?
What's wrong with Short hopping, or fast falling, or l-canceling? Are they unfair because you choose not to use them? Those aren't glitches by the way.
Some people actually find competition FUN. Ever considered that?
You can play Brawl with your scrubby friends or by yourself the way you want while the rest of us learn some techs to actually improve our game to it's maximum potential.

Cyrlous

Smash Apprentice
Uh, I can see where you're coming from with wavedashing and some of the others, but how are fast falling and short hopping broken game elements? Fast falling is a programmed feature in Melee and short hopping has been around in platformer-type game (Let's face it Smash is basically a platformer fighter) since SMB1.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Actually the reason why people hate Sheik was because of crouch canceling and her godly tilts. (I'm going really miss CC in brawl)

Also wavdashing was found by a luigi player.

TK Wolf

Smash Ace
I hope this is a joke topic, but I'll respond with respect anyway.

First of all, blame the coders for having bugs in their game, not the people who find them. With Brawl they took as much time as they felt like taking, so anything wrong in the game is their own fault.

On a side note:
Short hopping = 100% intentional and part of the game. It was even part of the tutorial video if I recall correctly. Known since day 1.
Fast falling = 100% intentional and part of the game. Also known from day 1.
L-canceling was known to exist in Smash Bros 64 and left in Melee. They remade the physics engine, so there's absolutely no way that they'd have the exact same glitch twice.
Wavedashing isn't a glitch, but a side-effect of the physics. It's an exploit, but it's not gamebreaking. Besides, a character is completely vulnerable while wavedashing. Seriously, it's not so big. Instead of complaining about it, learn to use it and/or counter it.

Every "cheap" tactic you've listed has a clear way to avoid and/or counter. Fighting games are about developing strategies within the limits of the game. They're always changing and developing as people keep working to learn more.

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
Uh, I can see where you're coming from with wavedashing and some of the others, but how are fast falling and short hopping broken game elements? Fast falling is a programmed feature in Melee and short hopping has been around in platformer-type game (Let's face it Smash is basically a platformer fighter) since SMB1.
>_<

Wave dash isn't a glitch either. Super wave dash and yo yo glitch. Those were actual glitches.

Wavedash is just an aerial dodge at an angle into the ground during the starting frames of a jump. The slide that results is programmed into the game.

shadydentist

Smash Lord
He's absolutely right. It has been confirmed that for maximum amount of fun, you must stick strictly to rolling and forward smashing.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I don't think anyone want's to stay at the same level forever. It's going to happen anyway. Unless the world ended or something.

Jael Irish

Smash Apprentice
Don't feed this guy, hes a troll. Look at the threads hes posted.

"Brawl is not, and will not be a competitive game"

"2008 Tournement Tier Chart"

Hes doing this for giggles to see you get all pissy or "WTF IS THIS", pay no mind maybe he will post something intell...nevermind i give people to much credit, just dont feed it.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
If you don't call that a glitch, I don't know what is anymore.
By you're definition. Since Jumping was programmed into the game too, That is also glitch. As are Smash attacks, specials, character selection, and pressing start on the Title Screen to go to the next screen.

This is further proof he's a troll guys. I'm not posting again. No one else should either.

S2

Smash Lord
TC hasn't played Brawl yet has he.

Sure its a lot of fun. But the physics feel limiting compared to Melee. The game needs to be "ruined" by your defenition. That is, if people are going to be playing this for 5+ years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom