• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pensacola, FL?

rhan

Smash Hero
Where are the Smashers at? Cuz after Basic Training I'll be there for 14 weeks for school and I'm going to want to play as many players as possible. I'll be there around.. August of 2011 (Yeah that's a ways off). Just trying to plan ahead and try to get to know the FL scene before I actually get there.

I'm pretty decent. I'm truly dedicated to SSBM. I'm a chill guy.

Haha I don't know what else to say. I just hope that here are some players out there. :laugh:

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Lol Pensacola is preeeeetty far out from FL's active Melee scene. You actually might want to consider giving Alabama a shoutout. You can also try checking out the FL thread inside the main Atlantic South board and see about contacting members using the Melee locator section. I warn that I haven't verified activity of people listed there yet as I'm working on the videos section atm.

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
There has been an active yet separate group of FL players in the panhandle for quite some time. Mankosuki still lives there from what I know, as well as Rice (who's a great melee falco.)

Otherwise you're pretty far away from any central FL smashing. The closest thing would be AL/LA/Tallahassee.

Moses.

Smash Journeyman
There are a couple of smashers in Panama City, FL, which is about 1.5 - 2 hours from Pensacola: Zone, Tropical Taco and Dr. Nastytime, and Pritch and myself during the holidays/breaks.

rhan

Smash Hero
Thanks guys for all the info. Though I don't think I'll be allowed to drive when I'm at school so I was kinda hoping on ride and such. Maybe I can find a Greyhound or something near where I'm located so I can get to the central scene. Idk time will tell.

I'll keep you guys posted on what's going on. Where's there FL social thread located? Just so I can see what's up.

DOODE

Smash Cadet
There's around 7-10 smasher's in Pensacola who play regularly. I'm one of them but I only really play brawl so yeah ^_^

Message me if you want more info.

rhan

Smash Hero
Melee? Cuz I don't really touch Brawl.

And I'm not just limited to Smash. I can play Tekken/SF/Starcraft II/Halo.

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
Hi rhan! iono how we gonna be lookin this time next year lol!

But yeah our melee players are pretty much mankosuk rice drummaboi me occasionally and some others.

I dont know how we are gonna look this time next year though lol

You gonna be going to pjc/uwf?

Zone

Smash Champion
I normally fine with driving 2 hours just for friendlies. 2 hours is nothing when it comes to driving

rhan

Smash Hero
Omfg... Zone you're cool.

Btw I read all this stuff guys when I was banned. Thank you all for the info. I'll probably post more in the FL threads.

Again thank you all and I hope to be seeing you all and playing against you all in the future. :)

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I'm a month late in seeing this (need to name search more) but yeah, there's a few of us that smash here in Pensacola. There's a mix of Brawl only, Melee only, and a couple like me who play both. Make sure to hit me up when you come down since I'm typically the one holding smashfests.

As others have stated, we're too far away from tournaments in FL aside from the occasional Tallahassee ones. We've thrown a few every now and then ourselves, but it's generally not worth it since people are so spread out from us. We mostly visit AL and LA for tournaments. Panhandle FL smashers are basically considered OOS smashers. For reference, Orlando is the main tourney spot for FL and it's around 7 hours from here.

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
There has been an active yet separate group of FL players in the panhandle for quite some time. Mankosuki still lives there from what I know, as well as Rice (who's a great melee falco.)

Otherwise you're pretty far away from any central FL smashing. The closest thing would be AL/LA/Tallahassee.

***K YOU THOMAS!!!! I'm here too!!!

Plus I started the scene in this area with Manko. All so Rice to pave his was to the top lol

Also rhan the only people who play melee in the area are me Rice and a few others. Sooo hit me up if you don't mind driving an hour to fort walton to play some.

Also your crow avatar is sweet. You play yugi also?

rhan

Smash Hero
Yes I play Yuigoh also.

And I won't be able to drive because I'll be on base. So I'll lack a car. But I might be able to find out if there's a close enopugh Greyhound station and get a ride out there sometime.

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
what base are you going to be on? If it is Eglin of Hurlburt we could come pick you up. Also bring your yugi stuff rice and I pretty much run the yugi scene and melee scene in fort walton beach.

rhan

Smash Hero
Haha I'll be sure to include that in the ish to get sent to me.

I won't really know where I'll be stationed until I'm actually there. But you have better knowledge of the area. So it should be one of those two.

I'll ask my dad or my recruiter next time I see them.

fwb

Smash Cadet
I just moved to Pensacola and am looking for the smash scene too. I play brawl/melee but mostly brawl tourneys the past couple years. Can't find any nearby though :/

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Mobile is about an hour away in Alabama and we're getting bi-monthlies going. However the next one's gonna be in Montgomery as we're trying to make it a big one.

Short notice as it may be, I'm gonna see if Pensacola and Mobile are interested in a smash fest this weekend as I have to take someone to the airport in Pensacola anyway.

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
uhhh whaaaat i work at the go cart tracks tonight >_> FWB just talk to me mankosuki or saintkai.We all play brawl and melee

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
fwb, if you see this in time we are smashing tonight at my place in UWF. Give me a call at 850-287-4027 if you can make it out.

stylisland

Smash Apprentice
I know I'm 7 months late for this thread but are there any 64 players in the FWB Pcola Mobile area?

rhan

Smash Hero
I play. lol I just need a 64 controller.

I'm on Corry Station. I don't exactly know how far away that is from where you're at.

stylisland

Smash Apprentice
I Live in Shalimar which is a mile north of FWB and I have 4 controllers that have pretty decent sticks. I have a friend in Navarre who plays who's house we can probably meet up at if you ever want to play.

stylisland

Smash Apprentice
I'd love too there are 3 of us maybe 4 of us that play here mobile is only 2 hours away.

benaji261!

Smash Ace
I know I'm 7 months late for this thread but are there any 64 players in the FWB Pcola Mobile area?
I Live in Shalimar which is a mile north of FWB and I have 4 controllers that have pretty decent sticks. I have a friend in Navarre who plays who's house we can probably meet up at if you ever want to play.
I live on Eglin if ever you wanna hang out and play. I haven't played people in smash 64 in a long while. You're right outside my base. haha.

I play. lol I just need a 64 controller.

I'm on Corry Station. I don't exactly know how far away that is from where you're at.
You should be in Pensacola, which is 50 miles/an hour away from FWB. Shalimar is just outside of where I'm stationed(Eglin AFB), so for you that's about an hour 20 mins away.

duncs

Smash Apprentice
I live on Eglin if ever you wanna hang out and play. I haven't played people in smash 64 in a long while. You're right outside my base. haha.

we play 64 like every couple sundays at sylislands house. theres usually atleast 3 of us. i believe a few of them play melee too, but we mostly play 64 when im over on the weekends.

Top Bottom