• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pensacola, FL Monthly #1: Meta Knight is Banned

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
Ya man definatly ill be there saturday im pumped im tryin to get more friends to come so far i have to definte.

SlitThroat1010

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to gigs, otherwise I'd go to this and try out some new characters (my eyes are on Ike and Marth). I'm going to start playing smash more often as I havn't been playing at all lately, time to drop the books and step up my game. :p

Ruse

Fox
I'm going to gigs, otherwise I'd go to this and try out some new characters (my eyes are on Ike and Marth). I'm going to start playing smash more often as I havn't been playing at all lately, time to drop the books and step up my game. :p
I hope that you'll attend the next one, which will be planned out a bit better and will give everyone a month to get off work/not schedule anything to do that day.

(I'm thinking of holding it on November 22nd, just for future reference.)

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Figures my luck.

I just find a Tourney in Pensacola and it starts TOMORROW!

Anybody from UWF? I wanna hitch a ride over with you.

Also, can you spare a controller for me? :chuckle:

This is Mankosuki (logged on this name to add this to the calendar for FL Thread)

It's too short notice for me to ask off for this since my new schedule will most likely be up when I get to work tomorrow, but if I happen to be free I'll definately come.

You should hit up the UWF smashfests too. They had a tourney last week (also short notice, but managed to go) and they told us they play every wednesday night from 8:00pm to 2:00am. It's building 58A and impossible to miss once you're there since there's just four big confrence rooms. There's probably something different happening in all 4 rooms since it's the anime club meetings.
^Why haven't I heard of this? I need to be more social. *sigh* >_>

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Good games Alex & Jeremy.

Was really fun getting to try the Wave Dashing more on human players too.

See you guys tomorrow.

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
Ruse that was a great tourney with not a bad turn out..Ya man that dan guy was pwnin with marth..when will be the next time i can come over for some friendlies?

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Nice tourney Ruse.

Thanks for waiting up for Dan too. I'm sure he appreciated it, though you may regret it now. ;)

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
manko, how was my samus yesterday, can i get some tips on how to play her better? that spike i did to ur rob was all luck lol..

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
lol, yeah I tried coming in low to avoid an edge guard. Didn't expect you coming down with a spike like that. Usually ROB can recover from them, but it was too low there.

Your Samus was pretty good. Z-air is of course one of her most annoying moves. It makes it hard to get in on her sometimes since it's a ranged move. I did the opposite though and stayed back out of its range with projectile spam. I'd have to play you with some other characters to see how you handle different match ups, but she's all about the spacing.

I'll review the tape sometime so I can give specific advice. It's hard to just go off memory.

Ruse

Fox
Ruse that was a great tourney with not a bad turn out..Ya man that dan guy was pwnin with marth..when will be the next time i can come over for some friendlies?
Thank you. Hopefully the turn out will be larger next time and not scheduled during another tournament (Gigs).

Nice tourney Ruse.

Thanks for waiting up for Dan too. I'm sure he appreciated it, though you may regret it now. ;)
I like finding people who can beat me with a character besides MK. It's really refreshing to know that I still suck at this game.

But I want to do some friendlies/training with him. PCola needs more players of that level. And, on top of that, he wasn't a d-bag like a lot of really good players.

HolyChef

Smash Ace
dan totally *****. i cant lie. i dont think anybody around here can beat him ever in a tourney set.

dot.....

gg's

edit. ...........dotdotdot.....ing

Ruse

Fox
Oh, Holy and Manko, I'd like to get together to practice some/discuss what date it'd be convenient for you guys to hold next month's tourney.

And to decide whether or not to unban MK (I'm up for it).

DantheMan89

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone, this is Dan (White Marth from the monthly tourney). Still getting familiar with smashboards and whatnot and this is the only forum I found where yall are talking. Wanted to say it was fun and am down for hanging out, and will try to show to next tournament if yall will have me, i.e. work is only thing to prevent me.

Also I have my own oppinion about the MK ban discussion but that can be saved for later, also I may have one of two doubles partners, but I have an Idea who it will be now.

Anyway I'll check again later
Peace.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Welcome to smashboards Dan.

You have my number now, so give me a call or txt message anytime you want to play. Me and BlueKirby live on campus, and HolyChef lives just down the road at Fountains.

Most everyone else from the tourney lives down in that part of town.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
this dan..marth guy, one of you please make sure he comes to the tourney on november 1st in tallahassee. Im coming to that tourney and i want to see what he's got :laugh:

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
If I had knew that Jungle Japes was stage for ROB, I would have had a chance to advance! :O

DantheMan89

Smash Rookie
ive never been but im almost positive mankos been to LA tourneys, just not this venue. they're pretty talented btw. no meatridin intended either.
Nah man, no offence taken. The reason I'm starting to go to tournaments is I want to become more knowledgeable and talented at the game. And I can't do that just playing the same people. Every person I fight, better or worse, (preferable better lol) has something to show me. But I was interested in going with yall to any tourneys including the one on Nov. first in Tally? But, w/e if I can make it im interested.

Ruse

Fox
Nah man, no offence taken. The reason I'm starting to go to tournaments is I want to become more knowledgeable and talented at the game. And I can't do that just playing the same people. Every person I fight, better or worse, (preferable better lol) has something to show me. But I was interested in going with yall to any tourneys including the one on Nov. first in Tally? But, w/e if I can make it im interested.
I'm pretty sure my car has a spot open if you want to pool. You should try to make it to the next LA tournament, which I do believe Manko, Holy, and myself will be attending.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
My very first tourney was early 2005 in Louisiana for Melee. I've been a few times since then as well and know some of the smashers there. Since I moved to Tampa for two years though, it's probably been almost 3 since my last visit. So I'm really looking forward to returning.

FloridaMeister

Smash Apprentice
This is Mankosuki. Here's some information for Dan or anyone else who needs it.

Links for the New Orleans, Louisiana tourney. (Sun 10/26/08)
- [thread=195696]Smashboards Thread[/thread]
- Venue's Thread

Link for Tallahassee tourney. (11/01/08)
- [thread=198540]Smashboards Thread[/thread]
- It's also Bi-weekly, so expect another on 11/15/08

Both are about 3 hours from us and generally we don't stay the night, but I have for others. Since there's some new faces around here, I want everyone to give me their information for the Florida Thread. It helps smashers find each other and keeps you up to date on upcomming tournaments.

- [thread=70386]The Florida Thread[/thread]

also, Ruse was thinking of having his next one on either November 8th or 22nd. There's another [thread=199601]Louisiana Tourney[/thread] on the 22nd though (this one 4 hours, in Baton Rouge) so I'm guessing either the 8th, or in December?

Ruse

Fox
I could do it on the 8th or the 29th. Both work for me.

I was going to go to Texas on the 8th, but that fell through.

Top Bottom