• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach's Uthrow on Fox!

Vampirekain

Smash Journeyman
I've been playing Peach for some time but I actually found about the Uthrow only yesterday that can be a great CG for Fox and Falco! So I went and tried it on the CPU first before I try it on my friends...I tried at first against a Fox lvl1...I grab him Uthrow him grab him again Uthrow him and then he DI's to the right! I've seen in a video a Peach player showing the move on FD with a 9lvl CPU...I then try the same and i successfully do the CG Uthrow on Fox in FD! And I saw that it can be a very powerful weapon against the button masher Fox! Now what I wanna ask is can a human player DI out of it or use a sex kick or anything to avoid it before high damage ratio's like 112-120%? I would appreciate lots of ideas and everybody's opinion and experiences!

Thanks in advance

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
It's possible at 20%, humanly possible even with DI at 50%, breakable at 100%. But by 100%, you can just UThrow into SH Nair.

Vampirekain

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm thanks! I really need to try it now on my friend's Fox! So around what damage it would be good to launch a SH Nair or even better an Usmash?

3GOD

Smash Ace
I actually like to use F-throw to finish it off. I don't really know which works better as far as knock back is concerned, but they are usually DI'ing away/back during the chain grab to try to escape. This is bad DI for the F-throw...just float and edgeguard with your aerial of choice.

Vampirekain

Smash Journeyman
I know about edgeguard and stuff! Just wanted to rack up some damage with this lil cheap trick ;) Once I knock back a Fox I will not just wait for him to recover! I will ground float and prevent his firefox with Nair/Bair or more situational the Fair :D

timbu

Smash Apprentice
use the shorthop neutral air. the extra upthrow and the damage from the neutral air will give you the same if not more knock-back than the forward throw, and you won't always be facing the shorter side of the edge.

Of course I would never say not to change it up and use forward throw every once in while.

But one thing I will say confidently is not to shorthop forward air out of upthrow. it too slow and laggy

SirNegroJuice

Smash Journeyman
I actually like to use F-throw to finish it off. I don't really know which works better as far as knock back is concerned, but they are usually DI'ing away/back during the chain grab to try to escape. This is bad DI for the F-throw...just float and edgeguard with your aerial of choice.
If you're facing towards the stage with him in the grab, they might DI behind you so you won’t f-throw them off the edge. If this is the case, it works to up-throw him and then n-air him in the other direction to send him off the stage.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
UThrow to NAir has more damage and knockback than FThrow. If they DI expecting an FThrow, it'll make SHing that NAir even easier to hit with.

Vampirekain

Smash Journeyman
What if I want to Uthrow him a sometimes and then follow up with a good and precise Cstick'ed
Fair? Would that work or there is more risk involved than just Nair him out of the stage?

Me14k

Smash Lord
They can escape the f-air. The n-air is much more reliable.
Why try to fair? peach's nair owns. at 100% it will set up for a kill out of uthrow.

At low percents uthrow to D smash, they usually get hit by it.

i find CGing falcon is easiest. at 0 damage, u throw to Dsmash is like 35 damage.

Vampirekain

Smash Journeyman
So in other words a human Fox player cannot be Chain Graped from 0% to around 100% like lvl9 computers do? And now that I think about it indeed a Nair would be better out of an Uthrow!

Top Bottom