• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach's Fair Seems Bad

Sycorax

Smash Ace
People always talk about how great Peach's fair is, but I think it's overhyped. I know it's disjoint as f*** but it's sooo slow. It hits in front of her on frame 17. It's great for approaching on shield and stuff, but I think most of its uses are situational. What do yall think?

Jam

Smash Rookie
I think you can't really approach with it unless you have someone scared in shield or something cause it's so slow, but you can use it to make people respect your space cause of it's large range and float cancelled lag from farther away/retreating. Although I think I've seen Armada do somewhat of a mixup of fairing close to someone and then jabbing.
Overall, I'd agree it's overrated/overhyped, but I can see how it's seen as ridiculous coupled with fc because of how it's safe and has to be respected from afar/retreating.

Last edited:

CAUP

Smash Journeyman
Fair is a great move. :p You just need good timing to use it

WhizPower

Smash Rookie
NNID
WhizPower
3DS FC
2423-3216-2172
The fact that it has long startup doesn't mean it isn't a great move. Yes, it's somewhat situational in that you can't use it when your opponent is pressuring you, but in the situations that you can use it it's a fantastic move. Just have to be patient with it.

Also, its long startup is offset by the fact that Peach can float at a height where she can't be hit easily, and then do a spaced FC Fair which is quite safe.

Vestboy_Myst

NJ TO & Peach knitwit
fair is amazing... just need to get used to its hitbox timing and applications. it is more situational than nair for sure, but still required to punish optimally in most mus
- guaranteed grab if you fair on most shields (ff fc fair>(wd)>jc grab)
- when she needs to get back on stage: (throw turnip)>ff fc fair (seen when spacies are coming down from respawn)
- best tool for killing spacies off stage since it picks them out of their upb/sideb without the risk of trading like her nair
- covering tech rolls to the ends of platforms to kill at high %s

Top Bottom