• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach's Dress Controversy

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
I think it's safe to say that, whaatever her look in Smash, it will probably surpass all the others. Really that's just the Smash Brothers Way. I mean, compare Marth's 1st throphy to his second. It's an amazing transformation. And Dr. Mario, Zelda, Ganondorf, etc.

Smash Bros. artists are simply superb.

magar

Banned via Administration
Its easy,Just start a game w/someone being peach then when the match starts pause the same. then use the antilog sitck and look up Peach's skirt,there's here underwear as white as snow

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
well, i like #2 because it is so intricate, my sister likes it too, but they will probably 'juice' it up even more.
has anyone here actually zoomed in on peach's troph and look at the dress's pattern? it looks sooooooooo fancy.

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
dress #2 is definately the best. #1 is too plain. and #3 makes her look fat. if they gave her a new dress all together i wouldnt mind. but most likely it will be a better more detailed version of #2

SmashBroPro

Smash Ace
Peach has officially become the Twilight Zone Smash character. She gets brought up in discussions that you would n-e-v-e-r see with any other character in any other fighting game.

Intolerance

Smash Rookie
I'd like to see them give different dresses, instead of just different colours. And then you can switch colours for team and such.

Lemming 1545

Smash Journeyman
Okay, seriously, not seeing what's so bad about #3. I don't like it as much as #2, but God, you people are acting like it's a travesty. It looks pretty much the same as #1, but with some ornamentation on the dress. Quit acting like she looks like Jabba the Hut.

nomis

Smash Journeyman
Nice drawings there, kmkzSP1K3R.

You gave me inspiration to draw her a new dress (and like I said in the Pacman thread, my intelligence/creativity matches/exceeds the designers of the video game industry), so I did, and it turned out quite well! See for yourself:

Just kidding. Here's the real design:

OK, so I recycled my Toad drawing, so what?

nomis

Smash Journeyman
Ihavespaceballs: Yes, I would love that. Tons of panty-shots please.

Anyway, as to the OP, I'd prefer dress #3 with #2's face & hair. The face on #3 is ugly compared to #2.

Or they could just make her half naked and have all the stages covered in mud while wrestling with Zelda, Zamus, and me.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
lol, 4 pages talking about Peach's dress.

Anyway, yeah they should make her actually look like a woman other than a wall, but nothing too crazy. I mean, imagine Peach looking like kmkzsp1k3r's drawings compared to Mario, who is from her universe..(No offense, I like those drawings, but it's probably not going to happen)

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
well...this is interesting....
we dont really want brawl to be....p0rn, do we?

Aero

Smash Journeyman
XD

This thread makes me laugh. I want a gothic style of dress for an alternate costume.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
annoying1359 said:
well...this is interesting....
we dont really want brawl to be....p0rn, do we?
No, peach's down smash wouldn't look right if her dress wasn't as long as it is. Inless it would be changed to something inappropriate.:(

Slugma128

Smash Journeyman
I seriously think it's time for Peach to become a little "older". Sakurai himself mentioned that he want's a different kind of atmosphere in this game, and if you look at Mario and Link, their clothes has gotten darker and less "kiddy". (sorry for using that word)

I think, exept for darker colours, Peach should recieve some sex appeal. ZS Samus has already got it, so Peach should be next. But actually, Peach already has some sex appeal to her in past games.

The best example of that is Super Mario Strikers, where she had on skimpy, extremly tight and super short shorts that rode up her butt. Or in the Japanese version of Mario Power Tennis, where she wears a pink thong!

In the American version, you can see wide panties cover that area (on the pic). And if that wasn't enough, Peach's butt bounces up and down when she runs in the Japanese version, and jiggles for a good while when she stops from running.

While some people say that "it's Japan", I think it's more to it than simply blaming the Japanese. It's not a secret that Nintendo wants to get rid of the dreaded kiddie stamp. While they would never turn either Peach to something from DOA, I think it's still a pretty good chance that she will show up very different in this game. Darker, more adult, more sexy.

Kurizu208

Smash Journeyman
SmashBroPro said:
Peach has officially become the Twilight Zone Smash character. She gets brought up in discussions that you would n-e-v-e-r see with any other character in any other fighting game.
LOL This thread hgas made me laugh to much. They probally will do a revamp of #2 ssb tries to make the outfits standout and look good.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
I don't see the problem with making Peach "more adult" as long as they don't go overboard. But I doubt they would show her thong in SSBB XD.

Slugma128

Smash Journeyman
The question is just, what's overboard? Who can define that? And, what's the problem with Peach showing her thong in SSBB? She's a woman, and thong underwear aren't exactly uncommon these days. If they show ZS Samus that way (bodypaint), there should be no problem showing Peach's jiggly behind. Seriously.

SmashBroPro

Smash Ace
As long as the game doesn't become DOA I'm not against adding more sex appeal to Peach. I don't want to feel guilty while playing SSBB. I find the jiggly butt debate endlessly amusing though. It would certainly explain how her forward B can scale buildings. :embarrass

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
She's obviously not going up the building; the building's falling down due to her tremendous gelatin-filled rump slamming into it like a wrecking ball.

Slugma128

Smash Journeyman
Marshigio said:
I'm all for jiggly behinds but I'm sure Nintendo isn't.
Actually, it was no joke from my side. Peach has a really jiggly butt in the Japanese version of Power Tennis. If you have Soul Calibur 2, you can compare it to Taki's rump jiggle there, because it's about as much.

If you can get the camera right (which can take forever), you can see how Peach's butt bounces and flops as she runs. Not to mention the massive jiggle her butt creates when she stops from running. But that's it.

I don't know why the Takahashi brothers (heads of Camelot) included this, but I think it's pretty suiting for Peach. I mean, she is not supposed to be a strong, well-trained kick-butt female like Samus. Peach is feminine and soft. And obviously a little too soft in some places. :)

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
I had to revive this topic, it's been over a year! Time flies...

I am guessing since Wario is dressed with his WarioWare costume, the idea of his standard outfit can't be removed (or at least, it shouldn't.) Color changes are a possibility, but I think the inclusion of costumes is coming. What would Brawl be without Wario's standard yellow and purple outfit?

What I'm getting at is, we all obviously have different opinions. If costumes are the way of the Smash franchise's future, I'd love to see all of Peach's different dresses as a option to wear.

Top Bottom