• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach's Dress Controversy

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
Join me Peach fans, let's butt heads. Ever since I heard of Brawl, I have been literally wondered how they are going to handle the look of Peach's dress this time around. Peach has had many makeovers over the years, some good, and some very, very bad.

#1 is my favorite of all Peach apparell. It's simple and what we've seen for the majority of Peach's lifetime (or game time, whatever.)

#2 has only appeared in Smash. It's extravigant and has a chunk of detail, yet it doesn't feel like the Peach we all know and love. However, that's just my opinion.

#3 is Peach's new look, and my god, it's awful! What the heck are those pink flappy things on her hips? Totally not cool. Ever since Super Mario Sunshine came out, she's been constantly wearing that ugly look. I may be stressing over literally nothing, but Peach is a big part of my "gamer" life, and I want her to look good.

So, what are the odds of them using any of these looks? Do you think they will?... or perhaps create a totally new design? I'm hoping for choice #1 or #2. If they use #3, I will grumble and moan, but will get over it. Now, I just want the outlook of all of YOU.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Well, considering how Link and Mario were upgraded, my guess would be an improved version of #2, to make it work better with Link and Mario's respective upgrades, where they tried to place more emphasis on clothing realism.

#3 comes from Mario Sunshine?

Vaztor

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hey Kero ;)

Most likely it will be similar to #2. Smash Brothers has become somewhat known for it's amazing attention to detail. (aka Melee and the Brawl Trailer)

I could see Peach looking most likely closest to how she looked in Melee.

D.A.

Smash Apprentice
Ever since I saw the redesign of Mario and the dramatic change in Pit and Link, I'm interested to see what all the human characters will look like. I personally love Peach [especially the DS game Super Princess Peach], and I like her Melee costume the best. If they keep it the same I wouldn't mind. I'd say the odds of her keeping the same outfit though are probably kinda high since it's detailed, hopefully she doesn't have the Mario Sunshine dress in redesign.

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
McFox, the idea of #3 is from Shine, NOT the exact dress.

In Sunshine, she wore a light pink and white dress with no sleeves, but those ugly flappy things were there on her hips.

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
It even makes me wonder WHY they gave her a new look (#3.) Not only Peach, but Daisy has the same exact look now. What were they thinking?

Actually, I'm wrong. It first started in Mario Party if I'm not mistaken. Mario Party 4 had Peach sporting that dress, along with Daisy. I think the Mario Sunshine crew adopted the look. It almost makes Peach look... shorter.

If anything, at least give Daisy and Peach separate looks, because their dresses look almost identical, just different colors. What are the odds of two Princesses from two different lands having the same ugly dress? Sorry, I'm just ranting.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
They'll probably upgrade #2 like McFox and all the others said. I'm sure she'll only look like that in Brawl though. Just like they did with Mario's jeans being detailed and then changed back with every other game he had on the gc.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
All right I'm kind of tired of talking about a video game character's dress and what she should wear for one day.(leaves)

Tomasiarity

Smash Journeyman
ihavespaceballs said:
Or maybe even this:
Yeah! And they should change Mario's look too. Human mania!

Seriously, 2# is to fancy for me. But its the most likely to return. Now, wanna discuss about Peach's new underwear? :chuckle:

SMB PORTAL

Smash Ace
ihavespaceballs said:
I'm hoping something like this:

I don't think hey will end up using this once. I don't exactly like her hair, and it seems to be a little short. But, if they make the dress longer, it will look fine.

-SMB

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
SMB PORTAL said:
I don't think hey will end up using this once. I don't exactly like her hair, and it seems to be a little short. But, if they make the dress longer, it will look fine.
You misspelled "shorter" :chuckle:

Tomasiarity said:
Now, wanna discuss about Peach's new underwear?
I vote thong, like in Mario Power Tennis. At least reduce the granny bloomers from Melee.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I'd wager it's fair to say that they will update #2...UNLESS there's a new model for SM Galaxy. In that case, I'd say they're more likely to just "real-ize" the newest Peach model. That's my two cents, anyhow.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
ihavespaceballs said:
I vote thong, like in Mario Power Tennis. At least reduce the granny bloomers from Melee.
Those are boy shorts. And they are very flattering and appropriate for the game/character

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
You guys are a hoot.

Out of the different styles, I like #1 the most, though I don't mind #2. As Nine and others have said, I would expect an updated version of #2, as the #3 fits the more cartoony theme of all the recent Mario games, whereas in the Brawl trailer you see them keeping Mario's more realistic look from Melee.

OnYourMark

オンヨマク いつも
I think that they should make Peach look like Eowyn from LOTR... lol . . . (-.-"
I like #2. #1 is okay, but it's kinda unrealistic (well, so is every other character in the game...).

idk... when I read the title of this thread, I thought you were referring to the controversy of Peach's ftilt.

PillSpammer

Smash Rookie
I got 2nd place at this tourney this past April and we had to take pictures with this girl dressed up as Peach. It was terrible.

But to be more on topic... I like the 2nd dress... seems more elegant. I personally like the yellow dress/red haired/tan skin peach whenever I play her...

Garath331 said:
If they do go with the short skirt, we may finaly find out what her legs are doing during the downsmash.
Haha... I second that notion.

Fox Rox

Smash Apprentice
Well, you know, new composite materials and what not, would make the dress very light, and therefore produce more updraft...whatever... >_>

xianfeng

Smash Hero
PillSpammer said:
But to be more on topic... I like the 2nd dress... seems more elegant. I personally like the yellow dress/red haired/tan skin peach whenever I play her...
you mean her Daisy costume...

I think that they should go with the Power Tennis dress

xianfeng

Smash Hero
kmkzSP1K3R said:
oh man...i seem to be the ONLY one who prefers dress#3 over all the others...

havent you guys ever seen those hip flappys before...recall disney characters like cinderella.
I knew I had seen that dress before, but peach isn't cinderella...

... or is she?

fireyredmystic

Smash Cadet
The second dress is definitely the coolest. It looks like there's some fire decal, showing that she's ready for action and about to engage in battle.

kmkzSP1K3R

Smash Apprentice
xianfeng said:
I knew I had seen that dress before, but peach isn't cinderella...

... or is she?

oh man...that is the shizzle, i dont know why but i laughed so hard!

HEY! maybe they could change her look completely,

to something more fun and free?

or perhaps she could sex it up some!

eh? eh? what chu guys think? i drew them myself...sorry they're so sloppy...and i dont have a scanner...so i used digicam. oh yeah, didnt have time to color them either.

---Edit---

HAH HAH HAH!!! i just realized that the physics in my firsat drawing are out of whack! the wind is blowing the dress to the left while her hair and ribbon is flowing towars the right...

Falling Whistness

Smash Apprentice
That last one is hot! nice job.

Personally, I like #2 the best. It has the most identity. Also, the corsetty thing gives her a little figure and makes her look like a woman, as opposed to some blob in a dress. The boobs on 2 are actually kinda sexy, whereas I never would have thought of Peach as having a sex appeal. Although if anyone says "I'd hit that" I'm going to cry,

JLoc

Smash Apprentice
Tomasiarity said:
Seriously, 2# is to fancy for me.
I say thats perfect for her. She a princess It's expected of her being the fancy type. showing off her royal like self.

xzakcorex

Smash Journeyman
kmkzSP1K3R' s 1st drawing would be amazing! (great job, by the way)
However, I think the most likely choice is simply an updated version of her Melee attire. I agree with some of the others, a more "curvy" Peach is definitely a GOOD thing.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
Garath331 said:
If they do go with the short skirt, we may finaly find out what her legs are doing during the downsmash.

With certain game devices that shall remain unnamed, you can take peaches/zelda dresses off (gross I know), so you can see her legs are doing somethign quite unnatural
and yes, those are boy shorts

Master_Sheik

Smash Journeyman
takun said:
With certain game devices that shall remain unnamed, you can take peaches/zelda dresses off (gross I know), so you can see her legs are doing somethign quite unnatural
Oh so True! I have action replay and it's awsome. My friend and I battle Gigga Bowser against Master Hand constantly. But yeah.....Peach looks sexy w/o the dress, but Zelda is just plain weird! On the upshot, I think the Melee dress is the best so far, both number 1 and 3 just send me back to the 64 days and drunken Mario Parties.......Never Again!

Falling Whistness said:
Personally, I like #2 the best. It has the most identity. Also, the corsetty thing gives her a little figure and makes her look like a woman, as opposed to some blob in a dress. The boobs on 2 are actually kinda sexy, whereas I never would have thought of Peach as having a sex appeal. Although if anyone says "I'd hit that" I'm going to cry,
I'd hit that, LOL! No, Seriously I would! ~Please don't cry.

Sexy Peach for Brawl!

Mixel

Smash Rookie
takun said:
What do you mean doing something unnatural?

Torilla

Smash Cadet
I wonder if they will make Peach more and more realistic, to attract older players? Though, a too realistic look won't fit for her.

JLoc

Smash Apprentice
Leave her the cartoony look. You already have a realistic type characters. Snake, Zero suit samus, and possibly Link. Variety is a good thing. :D

stancosmos

Smash Journeyman
personally, what dresses character swear in video games dosent effect me at all, as it shouldent, i dident even notice the switch that much. Not sure why this is a topic... But yeah where does the third one come in?

Top Bottom