• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach's Daisy Costume

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Ok we seen Peach's Daisy costume in Melee and Brawl, which were basically total palette swaps, but I think this time they should have a complete Daisy costume, what do you think?

It should be a complete Daisy costume this time.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
No, it doesn't make sense, daisy isn't peach, she can't float or pick vegetables and I think daisy would be less slap and more punch, I think it's fine as just a colour change and even if they did they'd have to change the voice and everything so why not just make her a character of her own

Stenton

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stenton
3DS FC
5241-1897-2572
A change of hair wouldn't cause any problems. Even though I wanted Daisy to be the 6th Newcomer, I would be happy to see a proper Daisy costume on Peach rather than a crummy recolour.

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
A change of hair wouldn't cause any problems. Even though I wanted Daisy to be the 6th Newcomer, I would be happy to see a proper Daisy costume on Peach rather than a crummy recolour.
This. Van it ACTUALLY look like Daisy this time? Imagine if they swapped out Peach's voice for Daisy's. Her stage entry would make her say "Hi I'm Daisy!". :awesome::colorful::happysheep:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Makes no sense. Peach is better off just referencing Daisy's old appearance during the N64 era, as she looked much more like Peach during that time.

katastrophic

Smash Cadet
NNID
katastrophic
3DS FC
3308-4726-7643
Makes no sense. Peach is better off just referencing Daisy's old appearance during the N64 era, as she looked much more like Peach during that time.
I totally agree. The only thing that could be changed is giving her back the tan from Melee. It looked exotic

bloodbuzzed

Smash Apprentice
I totally agree. The only thing that could be changed is giving her back the tan from Melee. It looked exotic
I was also a fan of the dark skin.

Regardless, I hope the Daisy alt returns in some form at all because it's the color I usually go with when I pick our girl.

Ove

Smash Journeyman
Daisy isn't Peach. Daisy should be an individual identity with her own moveset.

She could be influenced by the sports games.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Daisy isn't Peach. Daisy should be an individual identity with her own moveset.

She could be influenced by the sports games.
The exact reason sonic shouldn't have a shadow costume, marth couldn't have a lucina costume, Lucario shouldn't have a mewtwo costume etc

Ove

Smash Journeyman
People misunderstand the concept of costumes. Costumes are not supposed to be completely new characters, they are supposed to give the character a new, aesthetic look. Preferably costumes already existing in the series in question.

The Daisy palette is a nice nod to the acknowledgment of Daisy, and it's okay with me to keep that if they don't want Daisy as a playable character.

The Shadow Queen costume for Peach (PM:TTYD; Project M) is a perfect example of an adequate costume that refers to the Mario series.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
For some reason, though, I have a hard time envisioning Peach in her sports attires, simply because the hitboxes and animations would look weird without a dress. Shadow Queen is a nice alternate outfit, though it's debatable that she was still herself when possessed. I don't know if Nurse Peach would work (thinking of down smash).

A Daisy dress and a coloration of her hair is fine, but you can't give her a costume that'd transform her into the floral princess. Daisy cannot float. Daisy never pulled vegetables from the ground (except in Mario Parties), Daisy doesn't have Toad at her service as far as we know. Daisy doesn't have Heart Magic, etc...

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
For some reason, though, I have a hard time envisioning Peach in her sports attires, simply because the hitboxes and animations would look weird without a dress. Shadow Queen is a nice alternate outfit, though it's debatable that she was still herself when possessed. I don't know if Nurse Peach would work (thinking of down smash).

A Daisy dress and a coloration of her hair is fine, but you can't give her a costume that'd transform her into the floral princess. Daisy cannot float. Daisy never pulled vegetables from the ground (except in Mario Parties), Daisy doesn't have Toad at her service as far as we know. Daisy doesn't have Heart Magic, etc...
Maybe for nurse peach, they could make the dress longer or something

SadisticPanda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
L4D4ever1718
3DS FC
0748-4043-7867
There's really no point. Might as well make Daisy her own character if she had her own model anyway.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
It sounds fair enough, I'm fine with keeping the Brawl color scheme actually, except up to date with the new graphics.

Tenchi Boom

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TenchiBoom
I'd LOVE for Daisy to be a Peach alt! It has to happen. I hate the fact Daisy has been left out. Rosalina is cool and all, but Daisy has been around so long and has always been the second prominent female in the Mario series.

Also people using the excuse of Daisy having none of Peach's abilities in the games as the reason she couldn't be an alt is a load of bull. They could go with the Mother logic and just say Peach taught Daisy how to pull those damn turnips.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
It'd be cool if the Daisy costume was like the Melee version. I remember that one having more complex than a color swap. I don't know if they'd go with the shorter hair though. But it'd be cool.

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace
No.

First off, it seems like Sakurai is going for alt costumes that can still be called by the character's name (Little Mac, Villager and WFT's alt costumes can all still be called by the character's name with no confusion). Daisy is clearly not Peach and having her as a mere costume prevents the character from being recognized as a future Smash candidate - i.e. she'd basically be looked at as a Peach clone, which she clearly isn't.

Zapster

Smash Apprentice
I'd LOVE for Daisy to be a Peach alt! It has to happen. I hate the fact Daisy has been left out. Rosalina is cool and all, but Daisy has been around so long and has always been the second prominent female in the Mario series.

Also people using the excuse of Daisy having none of Peach's abilities in the games as the reason she couldn't be an alt is a load of bull. They could go with the Mother logic and just say Peach taught Daisy how to pull those damn turnips.

PEACH TEACHES DAISY TO FIGHT.png

LMAO HAHAHAHA ROFL

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Honestly, I'd always pictured Daisy as her own character with a much less "girly" moveset, likely revolving around the Mario sports games. One could create an entire moveset based entirely on moves taken from Mario Kart, Golf, Tennis, 3-on-3, Strikers, Party and Sports Remix. Daisy being the tomboy of the group would make her the perfect candidate.

Granted, I don't see that happening, but I personally think it would be a more intriguing character choice than Pac-Man. (Nothing against Pac-Man's inclusion. I just found his moveset to be peculiarly... unimaginative. And dull.)

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Daisy is more of a fist fighting type of broad, unlike Peach's slap-fest type fighting.

Daisy is a down and dirty type of fighter, whereas Peach seems to fight with elegance.

Tenchi Boom

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TenchiBoom
Daisy is more of a fist fighting type of broad, unlike Peach's slap-fest type fighting.

Daisy is a down and dirty type of fighter, whereas Peach seems to fight with elegance.
Thats exactly why shed be awesome to play as. Who wouldnt want to fight as a rough and tough princess that punches the **** out of everyone?

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
That's my issue. I'm a Daisy fan, but I really dislike Peach's moveset, so even a color swap or alternate costume wouldn't work for me. I've never found her all that intuitive or effective to play.

Tenchi Boom

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TenchiBoom
I know you what you mean. Daisy slapping? No. She needs to be punching and shouting her face off like she's used to. Daisy's voice is what makes Daisy to me. So hyperactive and full of energy. She'd bring so much charisma to the Smash world. A Daisy alt for Peach with Peach's voice just would not work.

TurnUp

Smash Apprentice
I can definitely see a closer palette swap including the shortened gloves and different dress like in Melee, but if not, just making her a bit tanner is fine to me like this.
peachcolors2.png
(Not my image)

But speaking of that image, I think it's about time we get a Princess Toadstool NES color swap.

Kendall112

Smash Cadet
I know both Daisy and Peach Punch in Mario Party Games. But if she was added I don't think her moveset would be as hardcore as you guys would hope.

Nintendo Fan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gamer-Robert1498
3DS FC
3050-7577-7020
Yeah, a full remake just to fit Daisy would bring every other character into question (like Yoshi having an alt. Birdo costume). I think they should still keep it as one of the alternate dresses though, since unfortunately for many, she will probably not make it in Smash 4.

Kendall112

Smash Cadet
I could kinda see Daisy in Smash, But her moveset would consist entirely of things from Mario Party, Mario Kart and the Sports games. I would guess that she would be in her sports gear as opposed to her princess outfit.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
80l12sp.jpg
In Melee it was obviously made to be like Daisy while changing things like the Orb, Ear Piercing, Dress Patterns, Crown and more on her dress, It could be classified as the first alternate costume. Brawl removed the Orb and other things and made it look way more like Peach and was more of just Peach cosplaying as Daisy. (Even though it kind of was before)

Do you think they will make it look more like the Melee alternate costume or the Brawl alternate costume, I really hope it will be just like Melee.

Last edited:

Reeses2222

Smash Rookie
I really want to see a full Daisy costume with flower effects like how they made Dr. Mario a swap of Mario in Project M.

NNID
Tofer_Magicant
You want Nintendo to make their game like a crappy modded game?

Also, those texture hacks aren't just Project Melee, you can have texture hacks for regular Brawl too.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I merged the two Daisy threads as we don't need two of them. Please look to see of a thread exists before making one.

Reeses2222

Smash Rookie
You want Nintendo to make their game like a crappy modded game?

Also, those texture hacks aren't just Project Melee, you can have texture hacks for regular Brawl too.
Considering that I enjoyed that "crappy modded game" more than Brawl, then yeah, I guess I would.

Also in that post I meant that I'd like to see more full costumes rather than palette swaps, not that I want the game to necessarily be like Project M.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
I would love to see the Melee Daisy Palette Swap return. It was perfect, compared to Brawl's.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I'm a fan of making Peach look as much like Daisy as possible- if we are going to go for having Daisy hinted at, I prefer to go all out and just make it an alt costume, rather than a half done visual (of which I truly do not understand the point other than potentially saving some time in development. Looking at you, Skyward Sword Link).

I think its absurd to assume Daisy could be an actual character to represent the Mario franchise without first adding in four or five other characters, because would over saturate Marios representation with princesses and females rather than quirky animals and aggressors, which is the majority of what you see when you play any given Mario game (not three princesses, two plumbers, and a turtle).

In the grand scheme of characters in smash brothers, there are far more similarities between Daisy and Peach than there are differences- yes, they have different personalities, but we are not talking about Ganondorf playing as if he were Peach- we are talking about Daisy playing as if she were.

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
I think if Waluigi didn't make the cut, the most we can hope for Daisy is that she be an alt for Peach. with Sakurai seeming to go a lot more in for the alt costumes, it seems likely we may see a more fleshed out Daisy costume like in melee.

Shame Daisy probably isn't it though. (I know better than to say she's not in with Sakurai's track record of surprising me personally.)

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
I don't see anything wrong with having alternate look costumes and alternate character costumes. What's the sense in complaining about additional content?

Dark Dude

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DudeSean
I like Daisy. I wouldn't mind if Daisy were in the game. She could be like, Peach is to Daisy as Fox is to Wolf. A similar moveset, but not a full on clone. She would be more of a brawler, like people here have suggested. But, if Daisy's not in the game, then I would want them to give Peach an alt for Daisy like they did in Melee. Tan skin and flowers.

I like Daisy so much more than Rosalina. I hate the fact that Rosalina is another blonde princess. I would have much preferred if Rosalina would have had black hair. Outer space is black, she's like a space princess, it makes sense and it would be different. I am disappointed in Nintendo for copping out and making another blonde princess. But, I digress...

Top Bottom