• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach's best partner?

Tian

Smash Apprentice
I saw something like this in the Mario topics.

And i've been wondering the same as Peach.

Right now i think it's either Mario, Bowser, or Marth, any other ideas?

Peaches

Smash Lord
I've seen some very good videos involving Peach and Zelda (joke BTW).

Good partners are Peach, Ganon, Jiggly, Zelda, Marth, Fox, Falco, whoever you feel like playing. I don't know anything about teams.

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
well, basically. if you play a fox or a falco, you are going to be holding down alot more because of the frequent shining you will be doing, if you aren't paying complete attention to your partner you have a much higher chance of getting caught in a peach dsmash right as you are about to shine some body. ganon on the other hand is usually never crouching, but it could still happen to him easily.

basically if you practice with the partner the peach dsmash would rarely effect you.

Viking Ness

Smash Journeyman
I play with a Samus. We're getting better cause he's learning not to spam missles. We had a major problem with that when we first started cause I'd pretty much float into every missle.

technomancer

Smash Champion
Peach, being one of the best overall teammates in the game, is good with anyone. Here's a list of her absolute best:

Fox - 11/10
Marth - 10/10
Captain Falcon - 9.5/10
Ganondorf - 9/10
Sheik - 9/10
Peach - 8.5/10
Jigglypuff - 8/10 (needs more ways to get opp off the level)

Mario isn't that good of a teammate for Peach (sorry), but Bowser is pretty solid.

totaKK

Smash Apprentice
i wouldnt team with a samus, srsly, cutting missles from Spamus' game dramatically weakens him, i personally like teaming with cfals, fox or Ganon's(not falco, due to the SHLs being limited), i never worry about the dsmash thing on fox, because we're usually good with spacing like that( even tho ive done it just a couple hehe) the problem with me is usually hitting my partner with turnips.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Peach, being one of the best overall teammates in the game, is good with anyone. Here's a list of her absolute best:

Fox - 11/10
Marth - 10/10
Captain Falcon - 9.5/10
Ganondorf - 9/10
Sheik - 9/10
Peach - 8.5/10
Jigglypuff - 8/10 (needs more ways to get opp off the level)

Mario isn't that good of a teammate for Peach (sorry), but Bowser is pretty solid.
quoted for truth! +rep because you're smart ;D

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
So um... who wants to help me get a 2v2 forum made?
Sounds like a good idea, I mean, there's a separate 2v2 video forum. If people are going to critique 2v2 videos, they should be aware of 2v2 strats. A forum where people can learn about those strats would be pretty helpful.
NJ supports you :p

LessThanThree

Smash Journeyman
i can see the consensus here is fox, but i've always felt that fox's game is hurt a little by playin teams, he is certainly a better 1v1 player than a brawler, marth on the other hand, if you dont tip peach, then that's prolly a better matchup imo

Bailey

Smash Hero
Yea Cort is right lol Isai is a really good partner for most Peach's. But I like Peach Fox/Falco mostly Falco because the opposing team can get ***** also Peach can help Falco recover with the D-Air. (Cort showed me that at a Gauntlet awhile back and now I use that team combo all the time lol)

gtfo

Smash Apprentice
Peach is pretty much legit with anyother char in teams... if im not mistaken shes the best in teams? Could be wrong.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I'd say Jigglypuff is the best partner or marth. Jigglypuff and peach have amazing recovery skills and can do excellent in combos. And yeah, avoid marth's tipper and you'll be OK. Just be sure to back him up if needed. :)

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
I have had a good experience with sheik as mine, because of the air born time i give people my friend can easily fair someone and she is pretty quick so she can come and help you in a time of need (which is rare because come on peach in trouble haha) and fox isn't to shabby in my experience

divine knight

Smash Journeyman
it might sound ridiculous. but peach teams well with a good luigi. my friend and i have some sick combos. one to mention is nair into peachs downair. you can repeat this for the three seconds peach floats, if you space yourself from the ground properly ( its not something you'll land too often). they dont conflict in anyway, and they dont get in each others way with combos or anything. and they both own fast fallers.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
ICE CLIMBERS!!!!

I teamed with Wobbles and I just covered the aerials and he covered the ground based fighting. Then he would do the Wobbles and I distract the other person, knock them off and repeatedly taunt whilst Wobbles is still doing his thing. <3

It's too good

Civy

Smash Cadet
Peach is a good partner for everyone =P
Personnaly I play with a Falco ^^

majoras16

Smash Apprentice
Sounds like a good idea, I mean, there's a separate 2v2 video forum. If people are going to critique 2v2 videos, they should be aware of 2v2 strats. A forum where people can learn about those strats would be pretty helpful.
NJ supports you :p
yeah i second your idea too
by the way its mostly on knowing your partner and see each other, not all game but theres only a screen and you all can see whats happening with everyone so you all can get use to it

i play samus and team a peach and i can spam missiles and since he knows that almost evertime i shorthop, a missile is coming i do hit her like 2 times in a match with a missile but peach returns to the stage almost always and samus too so you dont have to worry about ur teamate being out of the stage and jump to save him, only to make sure he doesnt get edgeguarded

Roche_CL

Smash Journeyman
i play sometimes 2v2, and when i always win is when both of us play with peach. I really can't give arguments on why is a good match.
Maybe it's beacuse when you play doubles, people tend to be more risky, they can't really stay away for too long, or be aware of only one person, so in doubles they attack, and get Dsmashed xD, also is difficult to kill your friend, unless you hit him with an Usmash (which is difficult).
If you play with a falco/fox, they can easily be sucked by Dsmash xDD, and I think the better weapon she has, specially in doubles is that.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
In my opinion what it comes down to is play style and not the character itself.

For instance. Let's say your partner plays Marth or Shiek. Well from that you could deduce that your partner likes to grab. Someone like this is in my opinion the best partner for Peach.

In this case your partner should have their mindgames down to the extent that grabbing an opponent in a teams match should be relatively easy, no matter who you're fighting. An alert Peach then could DDC her way to the grabbed victim and DDC-Dair into a FCed D-Smash. It's the good'ol infininte combo.

What's the big deal? Any character with a multi-hit move can do this right? Well yes, if it's a handicapped match by this point. However the partner in most cases could break it up before it gets too ugly. However, the Whorenado is so fast at dishing out damage, you could get well over a 100% of damage against the opponent before the partner wakes up and realizes what's going on.

Of course this would make one of the easiest aspects of teams into a murderous attack.

Marths, Sheiks, Foxes, CFs, and even Peaches are really good with this. ICs too, however you must be careful not to pwn Nana in the process.

Anyway in my opinion my favorite teams for Peach are...

Peach/Peach
Marth/Peach
Sheik/Peach
and even Samus/Peach when done correctly.

Top Bottom