• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Not sure if this was brought up before or not, but I'd like her parasol to be used for her F-smash instead of the three things she normally uses for it.

I don't like how they seem to be chosen randomly every time the move is used, and they all have differing effects.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
I hope she still has the Daisy swap costume. Never like Peach, and Daisy just looks more of a fighting character to me.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I hope that in this super smash bros we can choose peach with her ponytail like in mario kart and the sport games.
Ew yuck I hate that ponytail, I wish it never existed.

I think her hair is fine the way it is, I'd like to see her get color scheme based off her NES appearance because everybody knows Peach kicks butt in SMB2.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Ew yuck I hate that ponytail, I wish it never existed.

I think her hair is fine the way it is, I'd like to see her get color scheme based off her NES appearance because everybody knows Peach kicks butt in SMB2.

I respect your opinion ,but i love the ponytail XD

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
I hope Peach has an unlimited slap as a jab. It would be fun to get mario up against a wall and just infinitely slap him
"this is for not saving me in time!"
"This is for missing our honeymoon!"
"This is for letting Bowser kidnap me 1,000 times, just cause you won't kill him!"

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Move this thread please!

EDIT: Thank you!

I think it's really classy they revealed her on the anniversary of super mario bros.

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
Just want to pop in and say that Peach looks great in this game. I love how detailed her dress manages to be while still staying in the bright, cartoony artstyle. I'm going to have fun using her CG art for palette swaps!

Also interesting to note that Peach's Up-Smash has been updated with twirling ribbons. Not sure if that adds to the attack's hitbox or if it's just for show. Looks neat anyhow!

Bajef8

Smash Ace
Just want to pop in and say that Peach looks great in this game. I love how detailed her dress manages to be while still staying in the bright, cartoony artstyle. I'm going to have fun using her CG art for palette swaps!

Also interesting to note that Peach's Up-Smash has been updated with twirling ribbons. Not sure if that adds to the attack's hitbox or if it's just for show. Looks neat anyhow!
It definitely adds a hitbox. The twirls are clearly hitting Link and AC Villager, which I'm kind of happy about. Gives the move a bit more utility. I'm hoping it still retains its KO power when sweet-spotted right underneath some one.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
It definitely adds a hitbox. The twirls are clearly hitting Link and AC Villager, which I'm kind of happy about. Gives the move a bit more utility. I'm hoping it still retains its KO power when sweet-spotted right underneath some one.

It already had that hitbox, it's just more obvious in the animation now.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
I guess now that I think about it, it did haha. It seems a bit stronger on the sides or expanded perhaps?

Did some measures and it looks the same distance at this point, though they're definitely at the far sides of the hit box, that said the moveset isn't finalised yet, and it may be changed during balancing.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
I smiled so hard at her reveal although we all knew she'd be in it. Her visuals look pretty great. And yeah we still have a long ways to go before we ever see her final moveset. As long as we have floating until the end of time I'll be a happy guy lol.

Awaji66

Smash Apprentice
Peach look's great in this game, I like her dress better than the brawl one. Although, I feel the dress would be more complete if they added a/her white underskirt.

SirGalvan

Smash Journeyman
Love how she looks in this game it. The design really fits her personality, which I noticed all of the characters have benefitted from.

I wish they would switch her parasol with perry the parasol but that is very unlikely

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
Why do you find that to be unlikely? Perry is a lot more significant than her regular parasol from Super Mario Sunshine.

Shadow312

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadzcat
I'm glad she was finally confirmed despite not even doubting it for a second. Her photo looks amazing. Yay

Awaji66

Smash Apprentice
I wonder will Super Mario 3D World have any influences on Peach, like her animations. For instances like her jump, she seems jump pretty similar to the to Mario Bros. Her hands are position different than in smash in her float too.

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
I like her dress but im going to miss the the bows that she had on the sides of the upper arms :/ oh well lol. I think her brawl dress was more detailed.

Awaji66

Smash Apprentice
I like her Smash Wii U dress better. I'm not a big fan of the middle part with three lines in Brawl version. The new dress got rid of that and looks much smoother. I also hope in-game, her dress is shape more correctly. In Brawl, especially in her neutral stance, her skirt was badly shaped and leave much to be desired.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I like her Smash Wii U dress better. I'm not a big fan of the middle part with three lines in Brawl version. The new dress got rid of that and looks much smoother. I also hope in-game, her dress is shape more correctly. In Brawl, especially in her neutral stance, her skirt was badly shaped and leave much to be desired.
Poorly designed dress bones, it happens.

Awaji66

Smash Apprentice
Well, with the game being in HD I hope they want be lazy and reuse the poor in-game dress bones design from brawl. Seeing how Peach was revealed early, they might have more time to shape her dress more correctly(if it's the same from brawl that is).

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
The dress is already more rounded, with more polygons, and seems to have more points of articulation going by the screens so it looks promising, but being just stills we don't know 100%.

On the topic of her dress I like how the longer Peplum (the one with lace detailing, not the ruffled one) is it's own separated section of the model as you can see in some of the screens. The lace finished Hem and Peticoat also look to move separately from each other, but I'm less certain of that one, it could just be the lace detailing that jutts out... The darker ruffled Peplum looks to be a block part of the model still, but there's not enough evidence to say conclusively, and neither is that such a big deal given it's closer proximity to her core, and thus lesser range of movement making it look more reasonable.

Awaji66

Smash Apprentice
The dress is already more rounded, with more polygons, and seems to have more points of articulation going by the screens so it looks promising, but being just stills we don't know 100%.

On the topic of her dress I like how the longer Peplum (the one with lace detailing, not the ruffled one) is it's own separated section of the model as you can see in some of the screens. The lace finished Hem and Peticoat also look to move separately from each other, but I'm less certain of that one, it could just be the lace detailing that jutts out... The darker ruffled Peplum looks to be a block part of the model still, but there's not enough evidence to say conclusively, and neither is that such a big deal given it's closer proximity to her core, and thus lesser range of movement making it look more reasonable.
It's mainly her standing idle, face front and backside I'm concern about. If it's shaped more accurately in her idle poses/ animations, I'll be reassured. In Brawl the dress is shaped oddly, also in some her taunts, especially the one with the parasol. Yeah, it's nice that Peplum and others parts no longer look as though they are drawn on. I like the middle ruffled one here, better than the Brawl version.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I'm bakk!

I was really happy when Peach was revealed, of course I like her better in her Daisy costume because that's the one I use.

XTheElegantShadowX

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3625-7979-8675
Honestly, when I look a Peach in Brawl, she doesn't seem quite as bad as many say.

The only real change (Without it changing her play-style completely or her attacks) I'd to see would be make her Forward-Smash more consistent (None of that random Golf Club, Tennis Racket, Frying Pan mess, please), something akin to what Project M did would be nice, or just make it her Parasol like I've heard some suggest on here.

Another thing would be to make her Turnips a bit more consistent as well, I know that the random factor is what technically keeps the move from being broken (I mean, Stitch Face Turnips flying everywhere? She's be Banned faster than a certain sword wielding Star Warrior), but it should have some type of mechanic that allows the player to see what Turnip is up next. What I'm about to say may go over a few peoples heads, but...

In Blazblue (An anime fighting game) there's a character, Platinum The Trinity, who has a random factor to her Drive much like Peach does to her Forward Smash and Turnips, the difference is that Platinum has a small icon at the bottom of the screen that allows you to see what item she's about to summon and what item will come after it. I think that if Peach had something similar to that she'd be a bit easier to use for both Casuals and Competitive players alike, and would be an overall more controllable/consistent character.

Also... (Please don't kill me) I want her second Jump to remain as it is for the sole reason of it making her edge-guarding game a bit stronger, and she does have her Parasol (Which could use a few improvements of its own) for vertical and horizontal recovery.

Slugma128

Smash Journeyman
I never liked the redesign they made on her dress - those things on her hips and making it more poofy. I Melee, her dress was tighter and didn't look like an inflated balloon as soon as she moved.

Also, her dress flew up a lot easier in Melee than in Brawl (Icicle Mountain, heh heh). They also made her face more doll-like compared to the more mischievious face she had in Melee.

Plus, they changed her facial expression when she landed from a missed Peach Bomber. In Melee, she looked "ouch, that hurt!", but in Brawl she merely closed her eyes. Did she put on weight or something and had more cushion for the landing in Brawl? LOL.

One big improvement for Brawl, though. Her panties got a cute lace design with little peaches on the edges. <3 And yes, of course they put work into such detail because they KNEW people would look. I hope they have a similar surprise in this game, maybe making the panties a little skimpier and show soem butt cheek? NamBan is programming the game and graphics after all, and they did both Soulcalibur and the Tales games - both which have lots of fan service.

In Brawl, she winked when she did her back throw butt bump. That wink has seemingly been removed for this game, going by that pic when she butt bumps Fox.

Funny fact: one of the first images of Peach they showed in Brawl was that exact move (her backwards butt bump), but then she butt bumped Mario and not Fox.

Another funny fact: way back at E3 2001 when Melee was showed for the first time, they had a video reel in Nintendo's booth that showed off Smash. That video reel was NOT the same as the one sent out to media later. This reel had Peach running away from Bowser on the Mute City stage, and the camera was so low you could see her panties as her running legs kicked up her dress. I was there and I'll never forget the surprise when I realized Nintendo was actually showing off Peach's panties!

I suppose a thong would be too much to expect, especially considering how they covered up Peach in winter sports games ever since the SSX on Tour thong reveal. In SSX, she had just her minidress. In later winter games, she did not have bare legs anymore and you couldn't see her panties. I'm pretty sure they changed her clothes like that as a reaction to the thong issue.

Top Bottom