• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
uh ?? do you wanna fight
?

It wasn't me who gave her only a month. :p

Anyways, what if they announce a new game for Peach in the next Nintendo Direct (which is most likely in this month, Peach's month)?

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
I would probably jump in joy, and it's really uncharacteristic of me, lol. Peach needs more love, games and attention. Even though she already has plenty of attention and love. She's the best !

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
?

It wasn't me who gave her only a month. :p

Anyways, what if they announce a new game for Peach in the next Nintendo Direct (which is most likely in this month, Peach's month)?
you said "lol luigi get a year and peach gets a month"
just making sure you're not dissing peach in any way
because i would have to go after you

that would be amazing considering the fact that she's getting
a lot more recognition with the wii remote that was made for her,
the gamecube coming out with her design, and more
im excited for this month !
:4peach:
I would probably jump in joy, and it's really uncharacteristic of me, lol. Peach needs more love, games and attention. Even though she already has plenty of attention and love. She's the best !
you're great

Last edited:

Luminario

Smash Lord
Nintendo Declares August as Princess Peach Month

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/08/0...clares-august-as-the-month-of-princess-peach/

lol

Luigi gets a year, but Peach gets only a month.
Oh to live in a world where green Mario is equally important as the Princess of the entire kingdom.

uh ?? do you wanna fight
I believe he was pointing out the inequality here, certainly not dissing Peach.

At least Peach is getting SOMETHING. In every spinoff she is always character 3 after Mario and Luigi and she deserves more time in the spotlight. We better hear about Super Princess Peach 2 this month.

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
Oh to live in a world where green Mario is equally important as the Princess of the entire kingdom.

I believe he was pointing out the inequality here, certainly not dissing Peach.

At least Peach is getting SOMETHING. In every spinoff she is always character 3 after Mario and Luigi and she deserves more time in the spotlight. We better hear about Super Princess Peach 2 this month.
I'll probably buy 2 or 3 copies

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Okay, so apparently...

"August is National Peach (as in the fruit) Month in the U.S. every year. This is Nintendo making a joke."
This is one of the comments.

Thanks for getting my hopes so high, Nintendo...

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Okay, so apparently...

"August is National Peach (as in the fruit) Month in the U.S. every year. This is Nintendo making a joke."

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
Warning Received
Okay, so apparently...

Last edited by a moderator:

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace
Here's a link to the tweet.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/497132658494013440

You have them saying "Princess", "Mushroom Kingdom", and including a picture of Princess Peach herself asking followers to state what they like about her. This is about Princess Peach, if it's just a joke then I don't understand why they wouldn't be more obvious about it. It's not like Peach gets all that much, she's usually written as a damsel in distress... like, Nintendo could do so much more with her character but they do nothing when it comes to main games consistently. Peach fans can't expect to adventure as Peach in most games, she got one and was recently brought back to a main series game after like, 20 years of only being playable in spin offs. Like, at what point is it appropriate to play even more of a joke on Peach fans when she's getting so little characterization and support compared to Luigi who got an entire year (that ended in a huge financial loss... maybe not by Nintendo's standards since they'll be okay but it's still a lot of money)... like, if this is a joke then it better lead into "just kidding!! Peach is getting a year too!!" or at least a season or something, sheesh. Otherwise I would've been fine with no announcement of anything at all. Like, people love to bash on Peach but she is one of gaming's most prominent, popular, and seen female characters, she and her fans who've stuck around for so long through all the bull**** deserve something... and not a port of Super Princess Peach, like, an actual fully fleshed big 3D Princess Peach game I mean Toad is getting one for crying out loud. :\

Kendall112

Smash Cadet
GAH. Darn you Nintendo. WHY MUST YOU PLAY WITH MY FEELINGS. Anyway the twitter post has a lot of Rosalina fanboys. I like Rosalina, but Peach is the best.

Luminario

Smash Lord
Here's a link to the tweet.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/497132658494013440

You have them saying "Princess", "Mushroom Kingdom", and including a picture of Princess Peach herself asking followers to state what they like about her. This is about Princess Peach, if it's just a joke then I don't understand why they wouldn't be more obvious about it. It's not like Peach gets all that much, she's usually written as a damsel in distress... like, Nintendo could do so much more with her character but they do nothing when it comes to main games consistently. Peach fans can't expect to adventure as Peach in most games, she got one and was recently brought back to a main series game after like, 20 years of only being playable in spin offs. Like, at what point is it appropriate to play even more of a joke on Peach fans when she's getting so little characterization and support compared to Luigi who got an entire year (that ended in a huge financial loss... maybe not by Nintendo's standards since they'll be okay but it's still a lot of money)... like, if this is a joke then it better lead into "just kidding!! Peach is getting a year too!!" or at least a season or something, sheesh. Otherwise I would've been fine with no announcement of anything at all. Like, people love to bash on Peach but she is one of gaming's most prominent, popular, and seen female characters, she and her fans who've stuck around for so long through all the bull**** deserve something... and not a port of Super Princess Peach, like, an actual fully fleshed big 3D Princess Peach game I mean Toad is getting one for crying out loud. :\
It was actually 25 years between the original SMB2 and 3D World. That's longer than I've been alive and it is completely unacceptable. I suppose they're worried about Peach being too girly for the gaming market (total bull**** btw we certainly need more strong feminine characters) and I won't accept anything but Peach being playable from now on. For God's sake Yoshi and Toad have gotten more playable appearances in the main games. Hopefully after the great reception of playable Peach in 3D World they'll be more comfortable putting our girl in more games.

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace
Also I want to add, I love Toad. I adore the look of his new game and when I saw the reveal trailer for it I was nothing but happy. It's adorable and it looks like fun, I just don't want to have a situation where everyone including Toad can have a successful spinoff series while Peach is the only classic main Mario character left being support only... I mean at this rate it feels like Rosalina is more likely to get a game than Peach is anytime soon.

Kendall112

Smash Cadet
Also I want to add, I love Toad. I adore the look of his new game and when I saw the reveal trailer for it I was nothing but happy. It's adorable and it looks like fun, I just don't want to have a situation where everyone including Toad can have a successful spinoff series while Peach is the only classic main Mario character left being support only... I mean at this rate it feels like Rosalina is more likely to get a game than Peach is anytime soon.
I agree, but I wonder how a Rosalina themed game would play. Like I said before, I wouldn't mind if Daisy Peach and Rosalina teamed up in their own game....as long as Peach is playable.

As for Toad, I though I was the only one who enjoyed his mini-games in SM3DW, glad to see others feel the same.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
So I hadn't really followed the general system changes in Smash 4 until now, especially since they're not conveniently compiled in one place for people to check, and I have just read that the landing lag for all aerials has been increased. If that's true, then that's quite a nerf for Peach, more so for her than other other character since she is so reliant on them coupled with her float.

On the other hand, this could have been predicted tgiven how ******** her low landing lag was on her aerials in both Melee and Brawl. She could literally infinitely shield pressure her opponents with float canceled aerials and end with Dsmash in Melee and for Brawl standards her aerials were very safe, especially her Fair.

Anyway, it's still too early to assume anything. Her aerials may be spared relative to the other characters since she revolvs so much around them. However, I frankly doubt she will receive special treatment, so she will probably receive some other kind of compensation. Anyway, we will probably have to kiss goodbye to our lagless aerial pressure. :c :c

Last edited:

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
So I hadn't really followed the general system changes in Smash 4 until now, especially since they're not conveniently compiled in one place for people to check, and I have just read that the landing lag for all aerials has been increased. If that's true, then that's quite a nerf for Peach, more so for her than other other character since she is so reliant on them coupled with her float.

On the other hand, this could have been predicted tgiven how ******** her low landing lag was on her aerials in both Melee and Brawl. She could literally infinitely shield pressure her opponents with float canceled aerials and end with Dsmash in Melee and for Brawl standards her aerials were very safe, especially her Fair.

Anyway, it's still too early to assume anything. Her aerials may be spared relative to the other characters since she revolvs so much around them. However, I frankly doubt she will receive special treatment, so she will probably receive some other kind of compensation. Anyway, we will probably have to kiss goodbye to our lagless aerial pressure. :c :c
That may have changed - I believe people from Nintendo were asking those who attended the Invitational for feedback and aerial lag was one of the topics mentioned. So hopefully it won't be as bad

I really hope they don't give her loads of aerial lag. The lack of Glide Tossing in this game is bad enough for her Turnip game. She definitely needs buffs as opposed to nerfs if she's going to keep up with the rest of the cast

Krayon Kaphonie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaphonie
Sure wish they'd show Peach off a bit more. :c I'm on the edge of my seat waiting to see what alts she has >.<'

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
So have we all seen how Peach has a new animation for her tennis racket? It's like she's actually playing Tennis.

By the way, Peach's dress animation during her Parasol float is a little bit odd looking, the way it meshes with itself creating that "pants" look.

Unfortunately, Peach still retains her same Final Smash. I hope it gets some sort of buff because it was too weak and too easy to dodge in Brawl.

Last edited:

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
So have we all seen how Peach has a new animation for her tennis racket? It's like she's actually playing Tennis.

I think she has a very similar animation for Golf Club as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omeOylQYkuU&list=UUkH3CcMfqww9RsZvPRPkAJA at 0:49 in this JP advert you can (very very briefly) see her winding up Golf Club and the animation is almost identical to that of the racquet

It's pretty tricky see as Charizard is using Flare Blitz nearby and it's shown for only a split second but I'm pretty certain she's using Golf Club

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
I think she has a very similar animation for Golf Club as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omeOylQYkuU&list=UUkH3CcMfqww9RsZvPRPkAJA at 0:49 in this JP advert you can (very very briefly) see her winding up Golf Club and the animation is almost identical to that of the racquet

It's pretty tricky see as Charizard is using Flare Blitz nearby and it's shown for only a split second but I'm pretty certain she's using Golf Club
Boooooooo, I wanted a consistent Fsmash. I'm assuming her frying pan will also be in now. :(

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Boooooooo, I wanted a consistent Fsmash. I'm assuming her frying pan will also be in now. :(
Most likely. I'll be a bit more accepting if there's some sort of order to the smashes

Someone (sorry I can't remember who!) mentioned a great idea about tilting the F Smashes to give different results similar to Little Mac's F Smash. Now THAT would be great - Golf Club all the way :D

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
What a great month for Peach we just had, thanks Nintendo!

Krayon Kaphonie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaphonie
Sure wish Sakurai used Peach as a demonstration for the 8 alts so she could've had a spot light.:facepalm: I have no clue what her last two alts will be xD

Luminario

Smash Lord
Sure wish Sakurai used Peach as a demonstration for the 8 alts so she could've had a spot light.:facepalm: I have no clue what her last two alts will be xD
It's like they're actively avoiding showing Peach off. usually all we see of her is her taunts, parasol, and screenshots of her doing generic movements. We had to view Peach Blossom from a small moving panel in the trailer and there still isn't any info on that rainbow attack or what the ribbons do in her up smash.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
It's like they're actively avoiding showing Peach off. usually all we see of her is her taunts, parasol, and screenshots of her doing generic movements. We had to view Peach Blossom from a small moving panel in the trailer and there still isn't any info on that rainbow attack or what the ribbons do in her up smash.
I thought the ribbons added more horizontal range to USmash? I think there was a picture a while back that showed people getting hit on either side of her.

Wouldn't it be amazing if the ribbon reflected projectiles for some reason??

Krayon Kaphonie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaphonie
I know right?! She's obviously has some changes but they don't point them out. They point out all the other character's changes even if they're severely little but they haven't once with Peach :/ So unfair.. :sadeyes:

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
It's because Peach is too amazing to be shown obviously. People would probably explode from happiness if they saw too much of her

Aus0115

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aus0116
They need to expose her, She's gonna be the first one I pick up and learn how to play in that game.

SirGalvan

Smash Journeyman
Im more curious with her customizable moves. Seeing how detail and creative some other characters have, she should have some nice ones

Luminario

Smash Lord
Nothing about an aerial Down Special...

Are those hearts behind her Peach Bomber? Her body during Peach Bomber looks really weird and contorted this time around.
I'm guessing they couldn't get the dress to flatten out during Peach Bomber for this screenshot. I'm not sure if the hearts just added in for effect here or if they actually appear in the game like that during the initial shoot forward before the attack lands.
I'm guessing the down special will be exactly the same as before; nothing in the air and turnips on the ground. It's a good tradeoff to be able to pluck stitchface turnips and bob ombs and beam swords.

Top Bottom