• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

**** peach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Peach

Smash Ace
well while people was going on about this and that, I just game from a brawl smashfest and ***** with Peach. and won like 10 bucks in small MM's I had with people..............PEACH IS 2 FREAKING GOOD. TOO FAST! HAVE GREAT SHIELD PRESSURE. LOVE HER EDGEGUARDING! WHAT MORE COULD I HAVE FOR IN THIS HAWT BLONDE! FREAKING OWNED AT THAT SMASHFEST AND LEFT WITH MONEY! AND THE FUNNY THING IS, MOST OF THE PEOPLE THERE PLAY THIS GAME WAY MORE THAN I DO. i BARELY TOUCH THIS GAME. AND I A BEATING THEM. THAT SHOWS PEACH IS TOO GOOD! TOP TIER MATERIAL, I DONT CARE WHAT ANYONES OPINION IS, THIS IS MINE. PEACH IS A FREAKING GODDESS!!! AND SHE PWNS IN TEAMS.........OMFG...........

I got recorded so you will see them by I say.......sunday. I'll find out when my friend is gonna upload them and post them on the boards. I LOVE PEACH IN FREAKING BRAWL WHEN I AM IN THE HYPE ZONE xD! I'm about to not really use Zelda and stick top Peach all day! Cant wait till Braw hits America in ten days. I'll get to practice even more with people and alone at home and freaking become way better. And own more. Cant freaking wait!!

Screw this thread and what people gotta say about her. to me, this character is way too freaking good. and after the pain I brought out today, let me get this game and actually get this play this alot instead of once a week. Peach for top tier, I dont care what anyone says. I brought the hurt today. This new style of mines with Peach is just great! xD!!!
That's Great to hear Dark. Pch. Just by reading your post your I feel your excitement. Man I can't wait to get my hands on her. I'm gonna play peach Like crazy. Can't wait to see your Videos. I always knew Peach would Pwn in Brawl. Great job dark Pch XD.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Seeing you so excited about Peach gives me warm fuzzies.:chuckle:

Although... don't you technically main teh brunette? ;)

EDIT: Seriously, I can't get over how epic your posts are. Now I really really wanna main Peach...
Ha ha ha. Yea I main the brunette. But sometimes i switch to red. Thats my secondary color
I use red to experiment. And my official Color to own! But the red owned more than my official! xD!!

Main her if you wish. I never had so much fun owing in a game then in brawl with Peach. She is too good!

That's Great to hear Dark. Pch. Just by reading your post your I feel your excitement. Man I can't wait to get my hands on her. I'm gonna play peach Like crazy. Can't wait to see your Videos. I always knew Peach would Pwn in Brawl. Great job dark Pch XD.

Thanks. I started a revolution! xD!!!!!!

Ryan-K

Smash Master
Why are you people so *****y about why cort and vidjo think peach sucks, I think she is still **** good but if you people like peach as much as you seem to (which is a bit obsessive) then why does it even matter.

Spartan1841

Smash Journeyman
This thread doesn't make any sense it should be locked
Why does she suck in brawl a lot of people are whining cause they suck with their favorite characters in brawl

Ledger_Damayn

Smash Ace
Someone pointed this out during the beginning of this thread, the only reason this isn't being auto-locked is because it's the opinion of the person most people consider to be the best American Peach.

But it's just turned into a pointless flame fest, and the amount of productivity this thread is generating is pretty much moot (it's pretty boring to read, too).

To reiterate what 1000 people already said, the usefulness of characters is only relative to their ability to play amongst the rest of them. It's too soon to be able to make such distinctive judgments.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
Why are you people so *****y about why cort and vidjo think peach sucks
Because they are really annoying. I wish we could have an "Ignore" option, that would be really helpful. And yep, someone lock this already. Please ^^

Mr.C

Smash Master
Because they are really annoying. I wish we could have an "Ignore" option, that would be really helpful. And yep, someone lock this already. Please ^^
Well considering they are both extremely good players, they are both entitled to their opinions, which for the most part they are completely right, Peach will have trouble vs characters that are better....but thats just common sense its also true they have a better understanding of Peach than most people in the world. Although, I think Peach is still an amazing character...in games there will always be the best characters, the good characters then the bad. Thats just how it works. Peach is somewhere in between the best and the good. What I don't understand is why they just don't pick other characters if they already know picking Peach thier chances of getting top at a tournament vs other premier players is lower than when they pick better characters.

No one makes you sign a contract stating you can only use one character. lol

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Ooookay, I really don't feel like reading through 19 pages of more than likely meaningless banter. If Vidjo feels he needs to abandon Peach, then so be it. As well as Cort. We can't change their minds, and that's what they feel. Who gives a flying fornication? I have nothing against their opinions. I haven't had enough time to work with Peach, but I'll find out next weekend in that stupid Gamestop tourney. It's their call, *shrugs* Don't try to chang their minds. Heck, from what it looks like, Eggm is swtiching to Peach, lol. Just let them be them, for real.

RickRIGHTEOUS

Smash Cadet
We are NOT trying to change their minds anymore! THIS TOPIC SHOULD BE LOCKED!!!- but it won't be because of comments like these waiting for replies! If nobody from here on out adds their two-cents to this rant compilation, then maybe this topic will lock! Someone start a new thread or something, PLEASE!!!!

Nasanieru

Smash Journeyman
Ooookay, I really don't feel like reading through 19 pages of more than likely meaningless banter. If Vidjo feels he needs to abandon Peach, then so be it. As well as Cort. We can't change their minds, and that's what they feel. Who gives a flying fornication? I have nothing against their opinions. I haven't had enough time to work with Peach, but I'll find out next weekend in that stupid Gamestop tourney. It's their call, *shrugs* Don't try to chang their minds. Heck, from what it looks like, Eggm is swtiching to Peach, lol. Just let them be them, for real.
QFT

They can main whoever they want. Theres no rule that says that you HAVE to main your Melee character (sorry Dark Pch. you got yourself into that one ^ ^).

What I'm wondering is why the hell isn't this thread locked, its pointless.
This thread [http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=145287] gets locked but this one isn't? LOL

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
QFT

They can main whoever they want. Theres no rule that says that you HAVE to main your Melee character (sorry Dark Pch. you got yourself into that one ^ ^).
Hey now. I choose to play and main only Peach. No one ever pinned me or made me do this. This my own doing. She is my fav nintendo character and I stick to her game no matter what. Some people need to know I am not your average player, and I dont do things like everyone else. I'm my own class and create my own way to play. I dont copy or watch vids and use what I see.

So I did this cause I wanted too :p

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Hey now. I choose to play and main only Peach. No one ever pinned me or made me do this. This my own doing. She is my fav nintendo character and I stick to her game no matter what. Some people need to know I am not your average player, and I dont do things like everyone else. I'm my own class and create my own way to play. I dont copy or watch vids and use what I see.

So I did this cause I wanted too :p
Aaaaaand...

DARK.PCH WINS THE THREAD!

GA Peach

Smash Lord
wow, good job, people. way to NOT get the point of the argument...

#1 : If Vidjo, Cort, or whomever else wants to switch their mains, that's cool with me, and I don't care if they do or not. I even switched from Peach to Dedede. My ONLY concerns were that, due to Cort thinking he knows everything about Brawl already, began making national tournament forecasts and saying that Peach sucks. While I don't care if he says she sucks, or if she ends up sucking really bad down the road, I feel that it is way too early to make those kind of predictions, and that him coming into a thread and saying that is influencing people to not play a character they would otherwise enjoy playing, and, may even end up being really good with.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Aaaaaand...

DARK.PCH WINS THE THREAD!
Ahahahahahaha!! xD!!!

Wootz!!!

Why do you people even care? I dont agree with Cort ether or vidjo and the rest. But why am I not gonna attack cort or even respond to his OPINION? Well thats quite easy.

1: Wether they are pro in melee or not with Peach, fact of the matter is.....its thier opinion. They have no proof or know what new techs will come out and such.No matter how pro you are, you cant convince me to take your opinion for a game that just came out and one you hardly touch to know how it runs like the back of your hand.

2: I'm playing Peach and taking peoples money with her. All you guys fighting about this and that, While me and Peach make some money while kicking Peoples azzes.

3: I go by my own will. So I see no need to agure with Cort and such. even if he was to get me mad like he has with others..I Just play Peach and own to set the truth.

I'll play this game my way and people things when I see it. Actions speak louder than words. and all these words with all this hate and anger is not gonna do a **** thing. wether your right or wrong. you lose ether way. So put this silly thread to sleep.

anyone who has a problem and think she sucks and w/e, can come see me and I'll beat your azz and show you the light. i'll show you why they call me Dark.Pch

OMFG, I MADE A COCKY POST, EVERYONE FORGET ABOUT ALL THIS FIGHTING AND FLAME AT DARK.PCH FOR HIS POST. GET THIS EMO KID. WHO THE HELL HE THINKS HE IS TALKING LIKE THAT. HE IS NOT EVEN ALL THAT GOOD. QUICK, FLAME AT HIM AND GET ON WIFI AND KICK HIS *** WITH A CHARACTER YOU THINK IS THE BEST! SCREW PEACH AND CRAP. GET DARK.PCH NAO!!!!!!!

Ivoryshadows

Smash Cadet
Is she really changed that much? Oh well I guess I'll have to adapt to her new awkwardness... Not giving up Peach here. And for those who that do, that’s their choice.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Is she really changed that much? Oh well I guess I'll have to adapt to her new awkwardness... Not giving up Peach here. And for those who that do, that’s their choice.
It's not Falco-level change. Her moves look the same. But they don't work the same (well, a lot of them don't).

looduhcriss

Smash Apprentice
i think to whoever is ditching Peach should still use her (but put her on the very bottom of ur list of mains) shes not that bad imo

cuz u can still use autocancelling to ur advantage since her aerials arent so slow, and who needs to doublejump when u can float for 3 seconds. U just need to spend more time on KOing plus matches in the game already take forever.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
No, whoever is ditching Peach is in his/her right to do it, there's nothing wrong with it. What they should not do, is come to the Peach board and troll. That's really dumb.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I won't "troll" and mock others who are die-hard Peach fans--and I still love my Peachy, don't get me wrong. But she just feels AWFUL this time around. And this is coming from a Peach main! She is no longer my main, that's for sure. It's a shame because everything just feels wrong with her. :(

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace
Yes Peach is definitely nerfed but IMO she's not as bad as some say... I still find her very fun and can still kick butt with her, but then again I don't play competetively. =/

Your Therapist

Smash Rookie
I still think Peach has really great potential; she just has a hard time actually delivering the death blow. Everything else seems fine to me, and I'm slowly learning what moves kill at what %'s and factoring in how easy they are to pull off. I started off losing about 1/2 the time but now I'm slowly winning more than losing.

An upward hill yes, but one that seems attainable with Peach.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
I hated the new Peach at first, but now I see a TON of potential and I've gotten a lot better. She has many more options than other characters, and her movement can be tricky. She's very unlike the old Peach.

Only a couple of killing options, Forward Air, Upsmash, Up air. But, forward air isn't too hard to pull off. It's real fast. I think because she is so different she will seem like crap to all Peach mains, but we are so used to ignoring up tilt and forward tilt that we don't realize that they are pretty good.

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace
Up air doesn't kill as easily as it did in Melee or at all really... at least when I tried it but then again I may have spammed it a few times before attempting to kill with it. ^^;
Her forward air while powerful is still pretty slow, not super slow but slow enough for opponents to see it coming and shield or dodge before then... it's pretty hard to hit with when enemies are on the ground, but once again that's me... I find it easier to hit them if they're in the air but I still don't find it THAT easy to use.
For me her Upsmash is hard to hit with, enemies are rarely right above me and I can never hit them with this attack effectively, this is probably due to a lack of skill on my part... but I find it easier to Uptilt people when they are above me... it may not kill but meh... I usually use another move to kill with anyway. =P
Also her forward smash is a good kill move but positioning it correctly is hard for me... usually if I DO end up hitting the opponent it's because they fell into it, stood still, was using a grab or something... I never really could pull this off without the opponent doing something to get caught in it... though I have killed a few times with this move.

It's pretty hard for me to KO with Peach, and it's sad but I still won't give up on her... since I play for fun I don't even really have to worry about tiers or competetive play anyway. =P

Oh Snap

Smash Ace
NNID
iSwallow
Some of us really hate change, huh?
The one's who are complaining about Peach being a useless ***** is stupid. I'm not a Peach fan or anything, but obviously the developers of this game wanted the players to try a new fighting style for each character. Most of you complainers keep referring back to Peach's combos in Melee. That's not a bad thing, but this game has changed peeps. Instead of using her old style, why don't you try to create new combos?
When some new and improved combos are created in the future for Peach, some of the haters here will be coming back to Peach, but Peach doesn't need them. :)

Cort

Apple Head
I think people veered off topic and don't really realize what this topic is about: They nerfed Peach from Melee and Melee Peach wasn't capable of winning national tournaments anyway (unless ofcourse some Ice Climber player beat all the best Foxes/Marths and the brackets aligned perfectly for you >_>). So if you're not interested in winning national tournaments, play someone retardedly good.

Peach is still fun to play and whatnot in Brawl, but again... read my post.

BluMilk

Smash Apprentice
i try and look at it from the creaters stand-point; They made her to be played a certain way. If i had to describe her gameplay wise id say shes ment to be a resorceful damage dealer. Its easy to rack-up damage with her, and she really has a bit of everything else, regardless of how situational they may be. Her B moves are more very useful, not game-breaking but still very handy indeed when used with proper "foresight".

Shes not made to get kills in normal combat. Peach is made to kill during the enemy recovery and in that aspect she is top notch. I would say that with the exception of jigglypuffs WOP, peach is the best "off map" killer in the game with her float, F-air and N-air moves. Most characters have great recoveries, but few have recoveries good enough to alow them to air dodge your attacks AND still make it back to the map. I use peach exclusively and i would say that about 90% of my kills with her are in this manner.

Her only real weaknesses i see for her are all verticle. Weather your opponet is below you or above you, her verticle game is crap compaired to her horizontal game. Because of this i just try and stick to my moves that send people flying horizontaly and dont use u-air, f-tilt, or u-smash any more than need be.

Knock them off the map then get the kill. Its how she was made to be played.

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
The Dair works wonders for opponents below you, as long as they don't have godly priority Uairs (Lucario). For those above, her Utilt (or Usmash if you can manage to get it) will do the trick, if you think the risk of pursuit is worth it, you can use Uair, but that can be out-prioritized very often..

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think people veered off topic and don't really realize what this topic is about: They nerfed Peach from Melee and Melee Peach wasn't capable of winning national tournaments anyway (unless ofcourse some Ice Climber player beat all the best Foxes/Marths and the brackets aligned perfectly for you >_>). So if you're not interested in winning national tournaments, play someone retardedly good.

Peach is still fun to play and whatnot in Brawl, but again... read my post.
QFT... or something.

i try and look at it from the creaters stand-point; They made her to be played a certain way. If i had to describe her gameplay wise id say shes ment to be a resorceful damage dealer. Its easy to rack-up damage with her, and she really has a bit of everything else, regardless of how situational they may be. Her B moves are more very useful, not game-breaking but still very handy indeed when used with proper "foresight".
Melee Peach was good at racking up damage. Brawl Peach? Not so much. Her moves had little hitstun to start with. Now, they have even less hitstun because of the new No Hitstun-system. Her 2nd Jump has been übernerfed so you won't be comboing off of any aerial now, except Dair at really low percentages (but it's a multi-hit so people could actually tap DI out of it into an aerial if they're really good).

And, pretty much all of her moves (except for a few) have been nerfed damage-wise. So... we have moves that don't inflict much damage and bad comboability. She's not really that good at racking up damage, that's what I'm saying here. There are a lot of people way better than her at it.

Shes not made to get kills in normal combat. Peach is made to kill during the enemy recovery and in that aspect she is top notch. I would say that with the exception of jigglypuffs WOP, peach is the best "off map" killer in the game with her float, F-air and N-air moves. Most characters have great recoveries, but few have recoveries good enough to alow them to air dodge your attacks AND still make it back to the map. I use peach exclusively and i would say that about 90% of my kills with her are in this manner.
Everyone has recoveries good enough to airdodge and make it back safely. It's called DI. You DI whatever Peach used to knock you off the stage and recover high. What's Peach going to do when they airdodge the aerial? Peach doesn't have any Semi-Spikes to forces them to recover at least nominally low.

Also, even if they recover quasi-low, everyone's got buffed Up Bs now. So airdodging into Up B would still work. Not to mention 2nd jumping and whatever other tricks people have. Peach was pretty bad at off-stage KOs unless she was high up or floating in Melee (because her aerials all lasted/lagged too long). In Brawl, her 2nd jump screws it up for her.

So if she's floating towards someone, they can just do below her with a fastfall/airdodge and she won't be able to drop the float with an aerial lest she have a death wish (or she's quite high up). She's good at off-the-stage KO's. But she's not that good anymore because of the nerfed 2nd jump and new game mechanics.

Her only real weaknesses i see for her are all verticle. Weather your opponet is below you or above you, her verticle game is crap compaired to her horizontal game. Because of this i just try and stick to my moves that send people flying horizontaly and dont use u-air, f-tilt, or u-smash any more than need be.
Seeing as how almost all of her vertical knockback moves require quite a lot of damage to KO (except for the still-nominally slow Fsmash), vertical moves are quite good if you can sweetspot them.

Knock them off the map then get the kill. Its how she was made to be played.
The problem is that you have to knock them off it to begin with. For which you need to first rack up damage...

The Dair works wonders for opponents below you, as long as they don't have godly priority Uairs (Lucario). For those above, her Utilt (or Usmash if you can manage to get it) will do the trick, if you think the risk of pursuit is worth it, you can use Uair, but that can be out-prioritized very often..
Dair doesn't combo though because it launches now and her 2nd jump is utter crap. And the damage ain't that great unless all hits connect (say hello to Tap DI).

Some of us really hate change, huh?
The one's who are complaining about Peach being a useless ***** is stupid. I'm not a Peach fan or anything, but obviously the developers of this game wanted the players to try a new fighting style for each character. Most of you complainers keep referring back to Peach's combos in Melee. That's not a bad thing, but this game has changed peeps. Instead of using her old style, why don't you try to create new combos?
When some new and improved combos are created in the future for Peach, some of the haters here will be coming back to Peach, but Peach doesn't need them. :)
Just because you want her to be good doesn't mean she will be. People won't figure out any godly combos and strategies with her if no such combos or strategies exist. At the moment, Peach isn't looking that good. It might change. It might also not.

~S@G3~

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
SAGE#234
It is totally true bye-bye princess. What happend to your second jump, and your downsmash, and your sweetness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom