• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

**** peach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
I remember in the first years of melee Peach was considered to be a sucky character because she moves slow(LOL @ at that) and had only one great move which was Dsmash.

im not saying shes going to be super good in brawl or anything but you guys seriously need to give this some more time and let tourney placings decide where she stands.

And I actually like Peach in brawl but I'm an Ike main now. I just don't feel like "inventing Peach" again =P

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I remember in the first years of melee Peach was considered to be a sucky character because she moves slow(LOL @ at that) and had only one great move which was Dsmash.

im not saying shes going to be super good in brawl or anything but you guys seriously need to give this some more time and let tourney placings decide where she stands.

And I actually like Peach in brawl but I'm an Ike main now. I just don't feel like "inventing Peach" again =P
Tell them again Mike G, Tell them again! xD

And if you dont feel like inventing Peach again, Let me do it ;)

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Urgh, both vidjo and Cort disowning Peach is enough for me to switch mains. I want to be a top player like they are, so I will follow their advice--they've been there before, I haven't.

Master Peach, I admire your resolve, but we're talking absolute top level competition here. There are certain attributes that characters have which pros can exploit, and so far two pros, who undoubtedly know what to look for in a character, have dropped her. It's safe to say she isn't going to be a beast like in Melee.

Have fun playing her in friendlies.

Magus420

Smash Master
No it's not. Because all of her aerials still lag too much for her to land safely after one into a Dsmash. If you try it against anyone who's not an idiot, they can just shieldgrab you.
Every single aerial she's got is unsafe on block. You can't aerial into dsmash anymore.
Is the stun really reduced that much that hitting with the end of a f-air with the landing timed like this would give the one shielding enough of a frame advantage to grab first?

From what I remember from playing and what it looks like there you can hit with it and land like 2-4 frames later depending on the positioning and have it autocancel (maybe 1 later if you do it backwards or something silly, lol).

Also, as for using moves to build up damage that are also the usable KO moves you can just grab and do lots of grab hits to quickly recharge them again when their damage gets high enough to kill. It also helps that grab hits are faster now as well.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I don't remember Brawl Peach's aerials being laggy at all...
They do if you land ahead of time. Let the attack execute, then land and you wont lag. Most people dont do that. And they feel slow and such. I time my moves so I can play her and follow up fast.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Peach's Fair is her least laggy attack. It can still be shieldgrabbed if you don't space it properly (and if their grabranges are small), though, because there's less shieldstun and more shieldhitstun in Brawl than in Melee. All of her aerials are so laggy they guarantee the opponent a shieldgrab.

Her Dair and Uair have noticable lag. So does her Bair. Her fair has noticable lag if you land while the hitbox is still out, but it retreats so fast most people don't land while it's still out.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
The point of spacing is so you wont get punished right? So mix spacing with timing of the moves so you wont lag. I know her moves still lag when after you fall at the right time. But you can still move ahead of time and unleash the next attack.

Magus420

Smash Master
I can see not having advantage on block with a poperly timed f-air with reduced stun, but I have a hard time believing you're left with enough of a disadvantage that you can't d-smash or at the very least slap/dodge/roll.

If you connect when her arm is about horizontal or lower it should really only be ~6-9 frames between hit and after landlag unless normal landlag got upped, grabs now come out faster, or their shield is only stunned from the f-air for just a couple frames after you continue moving or something.

Mr.C

Smash Master
Also lol @ Mr.C playing Peach
Lol, I've always liked playing Peach its just my Link and Marth were always better. Brawl Peach is still extremely good and you say Peach was useless at high level play thats just dumb, the main reason Peach wasn't placing top 3 at major tournaments is because the people who played Peach were not as good as the people placing top 3. Take Chu for example. Peach > Icys
no johns on that....and he still manages to take a "useless" character and places top 3 at almost every single competitive tournament, why? because he is amazing.

Peachs aerials do not lag in Brawl lol. She is pretty much safe after every aerial she can do after she floats. When I said "semi float cancel" I mean you can still use your float, aerial wait till the aerial finishes so it doesn't lag and it pretty much has the same exact effect, except it was brawlified. You can even float fair, nair > a,a and be practically 100% safe unless the person know you will double jab wait till it ends and grab.

still aerial > jab, jab grabs, jab dsmash is still amazing.

Yeah Magus you're pretty much right. Yuna just likes to blow things out of proportion.

Seriously though people if you want to complain that your characters sucks and useless at high level competitive play pick Link nubs. lol

Pink Shinobi

Smash Ace
If your gonna base it on that...........Falco recover sucks. Yet he is the second best cahracter in the game. Who does well against the best character in the game. Thats invalid to even think of her tier placement. You cant even think of tiers right now when this game just came out......and only in japan. People go too much by what they see and not get the facts head on.
Perhaps you're right, but I can't think of variations of getting back onto the stage safely. -_- I have to experiment more with Brawl...

Cort

Apple Head
Dear Mr.C,

Congratulations on missing my point just like 99% of everyone else here.

Sincerely,
Cort

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yuna, the Dsmash business just does not happen in practice nearly as often as you claim. It's very hard to punish, and gets damage in many situations where other moves just can't. The only thing that's changed about it is the damage and its complete inability to KO. Every other use it has, is basically the same. If you want highly punishable and situational attacks, look at Peach's Up+B.

The new Peach Bomber has a multitude of situations where you can use it to deliver good damage from a distance, again where other attacks cannot. And no, I won't tell you how, because you won't learn anything if I do. It was even minorly useful in Melee as an attack, and yes, against good players.

Toad has been a lifesaver in more situations than I can count. There are plenty of situations where only a Counter move can punish an opponent's offense. It's given me far more success than failures. That makes it more than respectable enough of a move for me.

Now stop being a scrub player and stop overexaggerating things.

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
Ah, so that gif wasn't really showing anything new? Well I'm glad to see that regardless. From some of the statements in this thread I had the impression that her aerials had horrendous lag.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
This forum is a mess....
All this makes me want to play Peach even more!...
Since the Dair sends you up couldnt you just use Dair into Up B since it kills now?

And thanks all you guys for the support of Peach..
This is what I said to Yuna about the Dair:

"Cant do nothing out of the Dair........-_____- '
Look at her Dair works then uses your head. What has knockback of that move? Her 4th kick. So what you do? Fall before the 4th kick comes out so they dont get sent flying and you can then Dsmash, jab, Ftilt, etc. Common sense Yuna."

So yea you can do that.

Mr.C

Smash Master
Dear Mr.C,

Congratulations on missing my point just like 99% of everyone else here.

Sincerely,
Cort
Oh I wasn't really directing any of that to you except the first part of my post. From you saying "lol" at me being peach. You also stated somewhere in this thread Peach is useless at high level play, so I just its not Peach its the person playing Peach (similar to how Kos-Mos came in here saying he was losing to Forward, and Peach will never place high at tournaments...the only reason why Forward was winning is simply due to the fact Kos-Mos is NO WHERE near Forwards skill level.) The rest was pretty much directed towards Yuna.

Mr.C

Smash Master
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=qjSipq-tfRQ

Peach still has some of the fastest aerials in the game and can cover ground extremely fast, faster than almost everyone in Brawl atm. That video is just an example, you also have to remember that is DSF playing Peach, although he is a very skilled player he doesn't really have much Peach experience so imagine if that was Mike G or something. lol

Cort

Apple Head
He's playing Festizzio. He ended up using MK and Olimar towards the end of the tournament and lost.

He's also DSF. You guys still ignore everything I've ever said. I NEVER said Peach was an 'awful' character. But if you want to win tournaments you won't be using her. That is why I call her useless..

Also don't give me this whoever's using her bullshnoz and use Chu as an example. ICs have tournament winning potential if there isn't a Peach in your way to stop you (woah, doesn't Chu use his Pika for Peaches? WEIRD!)

PC's tried using Peach against M2K and failed miserably a few times (<3 PC).

Peach CANNOT deal with the highest end Fox and Marth players at major tournaments. It's a near impossible matchup.

And from all my collective experience I can easily conclude Peach won't be winning tournaments in Brawl, either. There are a lot of significantly better characters than her.

Mr.C

Smash Master
Well if she wasn't winning tournaments for Melee and she won't be winning any for Brawl...who gives a chit? lol

Cort

Apple Head
Don't waste 4 years worth of tournament experience using her like I did? Use someone retardedly good?

Scar

#HarveyDent
Cort, dude, no one will ever understand anything you post. It doesn't matter how simple you make it or how clear your words are, people will miss the point.

I'm convinced that some people quote posts without even reading them.

Mr.C

Smash Master
Don't waste 4 years worth of tournament experience using her like I did? Use someone retardedly good?
Yeah whats the point of using someone that is "useless" right?, use characters like Marth, Fox etc and see if you can place any better. I mean once you play those characters your like automatically going to place top 3.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
lol like marth or D3 or even lucas or marth...

did i mention marth enough, i was gonna do 3 times but i think you got the idea?
Dude, leave, go somewhere.........

Cort, dude, no one will ever understand anything you post. It doesn't matter how simple you make it or how clear your words are, people will miss the point.

I'm convinced that some people quote posts without even reading them.
I get what Cort is saying. And in a way it makes sense. If she was not winning any in melee.......how could she in brawl when she got nerfed. And there are things that even show it. though it is possible for when the game grows, it can change. We dont know that. But we go for as it stands now. But people see it as if you was in court. "innocent till proven guilty"
So it seems People, even myself, want to see that it will be the case. Even if it seems like it will, **** happens so it can be turned around. Action speak louder than words. So I rather wat till this game grows to see my final input on Peach in tournaments. But I am not aginst Cort and his opinion. He thinks what he thinks. Thats fine. I'm just waiting to see what happens. So I have no problem with his statments. Its people like Yuna crying about crap that I am against here.

Also, it does not matter how Peach tourns out in brawl to me. She will be my tournament experience in brawl. I"m going Peach only and not counter pick. its my choice and how I set myself for playing this game just like I did with melee. Even if I dont win any, and I could counter pick to win one, I wont care. I play this game for fun, using my favorite character, and going as far as I can, even further than expected. Thats always been my mindset ever since I touched Peach in melee.

Also Scar, Our matches from pound are up on youtube. and the ones against snakeee. Go look if you have not.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Yeah whats the point of using someone that is "useless" right?, use characters like Marth, Fox etc and see if you can place any better. I mean once you play those characters your like automatically going to place top 3.
Not to say that you immediately will, but you'll be using a character that's obviously got more chance of doing so.

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
Oh I wasn't really directing any of that to you except the first part of my post. From you saying "lol" at me being peach. You also stated somewhere in this thread Peach is useless at high level play, so I just its not Peach its the person playing Peach (similar to how Kos-Mos came in here saying he was losing to Forward, and Peach will never place high at tournaments...the only reason why Forward was winning is simply due to the fact Kos-Mos is NO WHERE near Forwards skill level.) The rest was pretty much directed towards Yuna.
I was referring to a "national" tournament like Pound. I didn't say she couldn't win tournaments, but if your going up against the best Marth or the best Fox at a national tournament, you CAN win but its just almost impossible(in my opinion). Also, I never said that I was near Forward's skill level but I probably would have had an easier time if I had picked Marth/Fox/Shiek/Falco.

Again, this is only my opinion.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
All I can really say about Peach in tournament play is(in my opinion) it is VERY UNLIKELY that a peach will win a "national" tournament. The tiers in melee just play too much of a factor(again this is my own opinion) in melee. Sure I win some local tournies with Peach and what not but when I travel out-of-state it becomes much harder and usually it means I'll have to switch to Marth or Fox to handle some matches because, unfortunately, Peach just doesn't have what it takes to handle them. I like to play Peach, but when I'm playing to WIN, using just Peach is imo just too much work.

For example, when I played Forward's Sheik recently with Peach. I kept getting 2 or 1 stocked, over and over and over. I couldn't win. I'd probably win 1 out of every 5 matches we played. Did I change characters? No, but I think I could have done a bit better on the win ratio if would have chosen someone better.

I won a national tournament last year at Midnight Gaming Championships in Dallas, I stuck with Peach the entire time. Do I think I deserved that win? I don't know, there were so many good players there, I was lucky enough to avoid some of those players in my bracket. There were a few close calls and some matches where I still think I should have lost. Sure there was some skill involved, but I think I just got a lucky break. I think Wobbles should have beat me and took the tourny but I was lucky enough to take the win.

So in closing, do I think that I could ever do the same thing again at a national tourny with Peach? Most likely not. You just have to ask yourself is it worth the effort you have to put in(and a lot of luck involved) to try and win a tourny with Peach.

Sorry this post is so sloppy, I'm at work and I'm on my 15 minute break so I had to make this quick >.> I'll make it sound more professional and awesome when I get home :p.
KOS-MOS is amazing. That is all.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
i like how brawl has been out for less than a month, and people are making NATIONAL tournament forecasts. now, maybe down the road, we'll find out that Peach really isn't up to snuff, but you can still kill with her. fsmash got beefed like mad, and she can still do FC-esque things. you just have to play her DIFFERENTLY THAN IN MELEE. what a novel concept, this adaptability thing. as stated before, Brawl has been out for less than a month, while everyone has had about...hmm, i dunno...7 YEARS to develop Melee's techniques and metagame. i still think she's good, although i like giant penguins named Dedede a little more. Ike is fun, too

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Ugh....why is everyone still *****ing? :o

Look, Cort and the others isn't saying Peach is bad. It's just she's not as rapable as she was in Melee (or at least, some are assuming that right now. I dunno)

All Cort is trying to say is that you can't go just Peach in a tournament anymore. You have to actually think about the matchup and counterpick on what you do. In Melee, there were characters for Peach to go on par with or just **** (IC), but we never had a chace against characters like Marth or Fox. In Brawl, things are different. very different. Peach can't hold her own that well or effectivly enough with characters.

So instead of going just Peach in tournaments, pick other characters to play with as well. If you wanna win of course. That's what all the pros did before, and that's what they and new potiential pros in the future are gonna do now.

common sense beats fanboy/fangirlism anyday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom