• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Weekly Match-Up Discussion - Forever Outdated :(

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Here's how I approach this:

I always wait for him to react. I approach with turnip always and always. I spot dodge his laser and then shield the top when it's coming. Try to pick it up as much as possible. Once you have it, space yourself. move back and forth, get him to react. Find a way to start comboing him through a float with the top in hand, and always finish the combo off by throwing the top at him. Honestly I can't stress how crucial turnips are in this matchup more than anything else. I never, ever approach him without one. Just find a way to pull one out, he isn't that fast so you should find your spots and time to do so.

The usual d-air: d-air: up air-up tilt/something else combo is grand and cannot be messed up. If you want to win, have that down to perfection. It's hard to mess up anyway so that's not too bad. Do not EVER attack Rob from above or below without playing a mind game first. You can do it from the side. If he does nuetral air, it's very well telegraphed and you should have time to toad it. It becomes much harder for him when you have the threat of toading OR forward airing. Basically I agree 100% with Praxis' strategies on this it's basically what I do but slightly different. I jump at him, then quickly fast fall into a forward smash. Good mind game that can bug him.

He cannot edgeguard you. Just air dodge the top and/or laser and recovery from low and sweet spot the ledge. Ledge stall as much as possible to prevent him timing or spacing his aerials when you get back up. He's gonna have way more trouble if you ledge stall 2-3-4 times (mix it up, sometimes dont even do it) and it's much harder for him to edgeguard you at all. Rob's weakness is the same as his strength, his aerials autospace. Because of this they are also telegraphed and pre set. You can see his aerials start long before they occur and you need to abuse the living hell out of this.

For kills: Upsmash i reliable. Down air him and don't let the final hit of down air go through. Rob is a heavy and large enough character where if you upsmash right afterwards it WILL often times hit. Rely on this for kills and practice it, don't worry about forward air getting stale, you need it for its range on him.

I stand by Rob 55 Peach 45.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Peach's Nair comes out faster than ROBs Nair right? So if you have a Nair happy Rob, instead of trying to airdodge it (won't work because of the lasting hitboxes) you could try getting your Nair or Bair in there first

I've found Toad is quite useful against Rob but you have to be wary of his Side B because I'm not sure if Toad works on that.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
He cannot edgeguard you
A full charged laser kills Peach at around 100% when offstage/offscreen.

and because of her weight, WOPing her is very easy. Fair alone is wht he needs not just the gryo. But a toad can stop his Fairs when she can pull it out fast enough. Rob can edge guard Peach, hard to gimp but he can edge guard her. She's normally a sitting duck in the sky.

Peach's Nair comes out faster than ROBs Nair right? So if you have a Nair happy Rob, instead of trying to airdodge it (won't work because of the lasting hitboxes) you could try getting your Nair or Bair in there first

I've found Toad is quite useful against Rob but you have to be wary of his Side B because I'm not sure if Toad works on that.
Today 01:22 AM
Fighting a Nair happy rob is fighting a ******** one. lol but this might work when ever Niar comes out. since its so slow.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
A full charged laser kills Peach at around 100% when offstage/offscreen.
I'm saying it's difficult for him to do it if your smart about it. The laser animation is very ovbious to see coming out, at least for me., and you know they are gonna use it when you're near the edge of the level. Not only do you know when they are using it, but you can see the animation of it coming out , giving you ample time to air dodge.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
I'm saying it's difficult for him to do it if your smart about it. The laser animation is very ovbious to see coming out, at least for me., and you know they are gonna use it when you're near the edge of the level. Not only do you know when they are using it, but you can see the animation of it coming out , giving you ample time to air dodge.
If Peach is occupied she's getting hit with laser.

Takumaru

Smash Lord
If your cat jumps on you while you're playing you can't dodge too well. I think that's what he means by occupied.

goodkid

Smash Lord
This is a pretty good thread, explains character matchups & gets everyone's opinion together for a solid agreement.

I don't think I can contribute much for ROB, I main Zelda, and Peach is my secondary I recently started, so I have no exp. with Peach.

What I know of ROB is that he has a ton of aerial priority. Most ROBs follow patterns, like laser, top, then Nair, & spot dodge D-smash. If you split the match between weight & killing potential, Peach is lighter than ROB & has a hard time killing, while ROB is heavier, but has an equal time killing, so the match from inherent ability would be 55-45 or 60-40 in ROB's favor.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
as a rob i can tell u that i hate peach's nair haha
im pretty sure the matchup is in rob's favor, but if a peach uses dair to gain priority, it can be tough for the rob. dont let the rob get ur turnips, it only increases his options of stuff to do

goodkid

Smash Lord
What do you mean by occupied? I just don't see how you're not able to air dodge the laser.
I guess it depends on what your looking at during the match. Some people are staring at their own character during games, which I have recently learned is not good. If your watching your opponent closely, then you'll be able to dodge the laser. If you don't have split second reactions or your fingers get caught up during matches, then you'll get hit.;)

Sky`

Smash Lord
My Take on R.O.B:

Defensive:
When R.O.B is coming at you, it's important to understand fully, what this person is capable of. I think that's the most important thing to know when fighting anybody. Just know, Each and Every High end ROB will start out with a Nice Laser, and then a Top. That is how the match usually starts out. Don't take that. Jump, or Spot dodge. Make a Mental note of when that Laser is charged enough to fire again. Remember, his Nair has Priority over pretty much Everything that Peach can Dish out. So, you can either Spot dodge, or punish him with Toad. His glide tossing is quick, but don't underestimate yours. If he glide tosses to you, Be sure to jump and float with the quickness, to get in some nice Dair combos.

Offensive.
It's important to know the Priority difference in this matchup. ROB Has Priority over All of Peaches main moves. Lets start with some Comboes for you to do, early on in the game.

Grab to Utilt.
Dair to Dair to Fair.
Glide toss to Double slap.
Glide toss to Slap grab, Dthrow and Utilt.
Glide toss to Foward B, to Fair/Dair.
Rinse and Repeat.

It's also very crucial to know, that Peaches Dair literally ***** Rob, considering that her reach is right out of Rob's reach to do anything but an Upsmash, and Rob's don't tend to rely on that. They assume you are going to fall, so that they can spot dodge, and then Down smash. Don't. Just Dair their lives away. At early and late percentages, this works like a charm. R.O.B has a Top? So what? You have Infinite Turnips. Make very good use of them, because every second that ROB is stalled, is a second for you to land a nice Bair, or a Clean Nair. Don't forget your Double hit Nairs and Bairs. Don't have em down yet? Get on your Wii and Get them down. Every percentage counts. It's not like you have the advantage in this matchup. Nair is also quite effective. Even when rob Spot dodges, it's hard to avoid it. And because it's instant, and Rob's attacks are delayed, it makes a great Punisher. He's coming at you with an Nair? Nair him back. It works, if you're fast enough. And Grab grab grab. Grabbing is a great way to mentally psych out a ROB, and rack up the damage for you.

Edgeguarding: K, there is not too much point in Fairing Rob, considering that he won't go very far, especially if your Fair is Stale. In addition, there isn't too much point in floating after him, considering that ll of his air attacks have priority over yours, and he can float over you and Gimp you. So, lets work this out from two different angles.

(When ROB is coming from Below the Stage.) This one is a bit tricky. Get out a Turnip, and glide toss one over in his direction. When the Glide toss is done, Turnip cancel a turnip, and then float to where he is below the stage. Drop another one and hang on to the ledge. More times that not, he will make it, regardless, but the Turnips will psych him out, and he just might get gimped. There is no clear way to Edgeguard him, but don't make it easy. Keep turniping him. Sometimes, if you get the Dot face turnip, it gimps him, because it makes him run out of Fuel.

(When ROB is coming from Above the Stage): This one is a bit easier. Take out a turnip, Throw it to an Fair, usually works out nicely for me. He Might try to attack while you are coming toward him. Thank god we picked a character that can change her movements in mid air. So you just float backward a little, then come back with an Fair. It may kill him, it may not, remember, That move isn't 100% effective against ROB, but it should still be done. When he is way Above you... Just let him come down. If you get to his level, he'll just Dair you or Nair you, it isn't fun.

Peaches turn!

(When YOU are coming from Above the Stage.) ROB's edgeguarding skill is Lolable, cause he can't. Just don't fall for his crap. Here is the Tricky part. ROB's Bair makes him fall at a 35 degree angle, so when you see him coming at you from the air, don't think of falling, cause he'll just Bair to Dair, which is really effective. So just stay straight, until you know that you can maybe Dair him while you are falling, or you can use mindgames to stop and start your Umbrella enough to get to a ledge.

(When YOU are comming from below the Stage): This is easy, you'll be fine. ROB can't do much. Drop a top? Dodge it. XD Just try not to use your float if you don't need to. If you do, that's okay, but it's really good to Insta float on the ledge. (Hold Jump while getting on the ledge and tap Down at the same time.) When you insta float, you can get an unexpected Fair, or some nice Dair combos. If you can't use your Float, just Jump up, and Dair as soon as the Immobility frames wear off. And then poof! You're back on the stage. There isn't much that ROB can do to punish you for anything, so don't be too scared to come back.

QUICK NOTE. ROB thinks that he is Cute, by Fairing you into Death. Don't let that **** happen. This is going to sound nerdy, But think of his Fairs as a Sin Graph. Notice how it goes up, then down, then up and down like a curvy line. Don't follow his patterns, Just Fast fall when he is going to hit you while rising with an Fair, And attach yourself to the ledge. =] Don't be scared underpressure, just Lol it off, and give the ROB a pat on the back for attempting to Gimp you. =]

Stages, Do's and Don'ts.
Do: Battlefield. R.O.B is not friends with Mr. Platform, but we all know that Peaches friend is Insta-tipper Usmashes on Battlefield. Also, we know that Turnip canceling is our friend on platformed stages. So Bfield is a great stage for you to pick. Equally, Counterpicking Pokemon stadium 1 is good. =D Gives Rob a Hard time to manuever, and gives peach great time to do some nasty Uairs on those plats, or some Dair combos when the map changes. The Windmill is Tangible now. You won't just fly through it, you can be saved by it!

Don't: You dare pick FD. That is pretty much asking for ROB to Own you. He has so many ways that he can attack you vertically, that it's crazy. The whole match you will get hit by lasers, and Tops, cause there isn't much way to avoid them. Equally, don't Counter pick Frigate. No ledges on one side, remember? ROB Does not have to rely on Ledges, seeing as he rarely needs one, but Peach does. No Frigate for you.

I hope this helps. Lemme know if there is anything I said wrong or whatev. But thanks for reading. =D

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
I guess it depends on what your looking at during the match. Some people are staring at their own character during games, which I have recently learned is not good. If your watching your opponent closely, then you'll be able to dodge the laser. If you don't have split second reactions or your fingers get caught up during matches, then you'll get hit.;)
Thats what i mean. If peach is knocked immidiatly off screen, that player's focus is on getting back on the stage. Rob can shoot a laser after he does an attack. Although this is not likely to happen all the time. Players catch on to things.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
That is very true. But, I am suggesting to get good at the matchup you've got to get to the point where you can consistently air dodge is laser and avoid edgeguards like that. I like to work on the matchup where I feel there is room for improvement. I'm not gonna say things like gimp him or get low % kills because it's rarely if ever going to happen, so I think it's best to perfect those things you can work on that help a lot, like focusing and air dodging that laser whenever it comes.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
That is very true. But, I am suggesting to get good at the matchup you've got to get to the point where you can consistently air dodge is laser and avoid edgeguards like that. I like to work on the matchup where I feel there is room for improvement. I'm not gonna say things like gimp him or get low % kills because it's rarely if ever going to happen, so I think it's best to perfect those things you can work on that help a lot, like focusing and air dodging that laser whenever it comes.
exactly.. ;) but laser isn't the only thing rob has. The thing is. Rob can edgeguard Peach.

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
exactly.. ;) but laser isn't the only thing rob has. The thing is. Rob can edgeguard Peach.
im sorry, but when people say that they can edgeguard peach... I have to have them explain simply because peach is SO incredably versatile getting back on the stage. The toad alone give her a counter that doesn't loose her much height because of the hop. the parasol is nearly ungimpable. and her float help make sure ISN'T edgeguarded.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Rob's laser doesn't go under the stage, so I recover from below (air dodging my way through the laser, which he always activates when you're nearly parallel with the stage) , and when he gets close to me under the stage I just Up B and grab the ledge. It's simple and works. None of his moves come out fast, besides his forward air, which doesn't really send you very far, so you can take a hit and still recover.

I just think it's easier to predict what Rob will do than Rob predict what you will do due to the nature of both character's attacks. Yes, Rob's moves are better, ultimately have more range and priority, but the situations and outcomes Rob puts himself in are easy to read - at least for me. Unfortunately, they are also hard to avoid.

I have a tough time with Robs who are smarter than me, but if the Rob is not as smart as me, it becomes a joke match. Unlike say, fighting Marth or Meta or Snake, where even if the character is not that smart, it's still a lot of work. I really stress watching him even more than you do other characters, because he does take awhile to start up and finish most of his aerials, and his recovery isn't highly mobile. If you plan and think ahead more than usual you will be in FAR better shape than if you don't. Never go into "autopilot" mode where you rely on your technical skill because its just going to punish you in this matchup.

I suggset you take him to Brinstar or Battlefield. Something small to not allow him space to operate or camp.

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Wherever you want me to be... If you're female.
what he said^

Try and counterpick a small stage.
Know your oponent. Watch out for the WOP with the fairs and the camping. Don't be intimidated by a weak gyro that will do, maby 2 damage, it's a rob trick, however don't let the hitstun catch you offguard. Spotdodge in the begining, they tend to lazer first XD. Use your head and read the match. Try not to be predictable yourself. Rob can out-camp you. Try not to be predictable.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
You have a point. But if peach recovers low, the Rob can either run off the stage for a Fair, or even a Bair stage spike. Air dodging and Toad are useful in this match but will become predictable if used too often just like a laser or Nair from Rob.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Edreeses, since your a magical mod now, can't you sticky your own thread?

Villi

Smash Lord
Recently, I've noticed that more and more ROBs start off their matches by charging their gyro instead of firing at you. I would start off the match by approaching with a float or air dodge on FD where my options are more limited with no platforms and such a big distance.

I don't have much to say about ROB as I've never played one good enough to give me much trouble. But be prepared to smash DI out of his dsmash when you're approaching (toggle your joystick between up and halfway between left/right). Don't DI toward him if he fair WOPs you near the edge -- it's a trap! He'll spike you. He's campy, but be prepared to DI up and out of his traps.

If he fthrows you off the stage, he's going to fire a laser to follow your trajectory, so air dodge because it'll kill you if you're too close to the blast zone. If you feel an fthrow coming, DI straight up or up and slightly toward him. You want to aim for the upper corner because you have a better chance of surviving there at a high percentage and it should put you in a difficult spot to aim his laser; however, it's bad DI for his uthrow (where it's best to DI away), so just try not to get grabbed too much.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Edreeses, mod, but not for the Peaches... That makes sense. >_>

Villi

Smash Lord
Lots of people prolly read them. I read both of your guides...

I don't use many nairs vs. ROB but it seems like a fine idea, especially to help conserve fairs. It seems like a good alternative to dairs for punishing spot dodges if you delay the attack a little bit. Yeah nair is fast, so it should beat out his telegraphed nair -- i don't see ROB using it offensively though. He'll use it ahead of time for defense, at a safe distance, or else he gets punished. I think I remember this being mentioned earlier in the thread, but nair also can get in between his fairs on occasion.

Fast falling and then recovering isn't something I've tried. I would think that if he decided to end his WOP with a spike, you'd be in prime position for it unless you can immediately grab the ledge. (BO X7?)

At low percentage, Peach can jab out of the buffered dtilts. At mid percents, she can DI away or just gets knocked away. It's very similar to Zelda's dtilts. If Peach trips, she's at the frame disadvantage, otherwise she just needs to jab or DI out.

What do you do vs WOP + burner? DIing away and recovering from below usually does the trick. I wonder if even an UpB might just save her the trouble of all that since it comes out so fast and it's hard to catch her out of it.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
what are u a mod of? if we have another character planned already for the next discussion maybe i can help out with the match up *wishes its dk* XD

but unfortunatly im only starting to play a rob thats good (bo x7) but his aeiral game is very predictable, if ur infront of him he will probably fair, above him he will uair, below he will dair, sometimes i think this match up is similar to zelda's in a ways cause u cant float above him a lot cause he has the usmash, nice tilts, predictable airgame, and he has a really good projectile. ill post some more thoughts alittle later

Villi

Smash Lord
Llamacario made me lol just now. xD

If anyone has input on Diddy Kong, I would appreciate that matchup discussion. Wolf is a tough one, too. Falco plain sucks, but I have practice at least. Lucario can be difficult at times when you just can't kill him early enough.

I can deal with DK -- If he's defensive, approach with turnips to screw up his timing. Floated dairs like any other fatty, and keep him in the air for as long as you can. Get under his bairs on the ground and follow up with a bair or usmash. Following his onstage upB recoveries with an usmash is seriously easy if he decides to do it. You can edge guard him fairly easy with fairs. When he starts using his upB earlier to avoid them, hug the ledge and do a b-reversal Toad or just drop down from the stage and Toad -- the point is lolToad. Punish his fsmashes with a hyphen smash -- if you're running in his direction between his hands and body, it becomes as dangerous as a big hug. If he likes to Fsmash instead of tilt, at least. Don't get forward B'd. Ever. Easier than Bowser, for serious. Bowser can be a beast.

Wario, TL, Pikachu, Zelda, and Sonic for matchups people seemed to have trouble with at one time or another.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
below he will dair
everybody but Rob. Thats probably the dumbest thing a rob can do... Thats a bigger blind spot than his Back side. If a rob is above u they will always try their best to evade to safety.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I apologize that I haven't had time to finish writing the lengthy post I've been meaning to. You'll have my thoughts on the ROB matchup soon, I know it pretty well.

I just posted a decent-length post on the Peach matchup thread Dekuu linked to though.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
wario doesnt seem like much problem(sum1 tell me why is wario a problem i never faced a good one so could someone enlighten me please?), just rack up his damage and grab release usmash him. but i feel like its much deeper than that, but then again i dont fight many warios so im not to sure i do know that you would have to avoid getting grabed cause that would lead to a fsmash,

but anyways back on topic

but thank you bo for informing me that rob has a blind spot. ill have some more info alittle later

ok the now for the info,

ROB is all about his ground game pressuring people with his lasers gyro, tilts and smashes. but he has a major flaw that may give peach the edge, his airgame is not good and to top that off, he is easily juggled. so take to the sky with peach, get at a angle where his utilt cant hit u and dair him and he will be a sitting duck

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
wario doesnt seem like much problem(sum1 tell me why is wario a problem i never faced a good one so could someone enlighten me please?), just rack up his damage and grab release usmash him. but i feel like its much deeper than that, but then again i dont fight many warios so im not to sure i do know that you would have to avoid getting grabed cause that would lead to a fsmash,

but anyways back on topic

but thank you bo for informing me that rob has a blind spot. ill have some more info alittle later

Wario was a huge problem for me IMO before the grab release trick. I couldn't kill him under 200% because I had to use Fair to beat his air game and I couldn't land a usmash well enough.

Now he's cake because Peach racks up damage so fast and can land a free usmash. xD

Chokalait

Smash Rookie
Haha, i dunno if i'm getting too ahead of myself here or not, but i keep seeing people talk about other characters, so I think the next character that we discuss should be one of Peach's big counters, Took Link.

I doubt many of you have seen HOW toon link should play given that nobody really plays toon link effectively. The best way to play toon link, imo, is to spam the hell outa peach, since TL is probably one of the best spammers in the game. If you look up a TL player named Light, you'll see what I mean. If TL just sits there spamming, waiting for you to approach, its a vicious match up, considering that peach can't approach since she's got no way to penetrate through TL's attacks.

For those of you who mained peach back in Melee days like me, this is like Peach vs YLink ALL over again. Its almost the exact same match up, just with a toon version of link now -_-

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Next character I'm going to do is Falco, he's much more popular than Toon Link and IMO a tougher match-up. His spam is way worse considering his lasers combo into so many different things. At least you can atttack Toon Link's projectiles to cancel them out (besides bombs) lasers don't have a hitbox. Hm...how should I set the rob matchup? . 55 rob 45 peach?

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
Next character I'm going to do is Falco, he's much more popular than Toon Link and IMO a tougher match-up. His spam is way worse considering his lasers combo into so many different things. At least you can atttack Toon Link's projectiles to cancel them out (besides bombs) lasers don't have a hitbox. Hm...how should I set the rob matchup? . 55 rob 45 peach?
yea i agree

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
55-45 to ROB sounds good to me. Falco is a giant pain but so is Toon Link. If we're doing Falco though...get him off the stage and force him to recover vertically, diagonally if you can because it is awful and shorter than you think. Make good use of edgeguarding and learn to master grabbing onto the ledge for invinciblity frames to stop him grabbing the ledge but for goodness sake don't float blindly when he's recovering because his Side B spikes you in the air. Dair combos and F Tilts to eventual Up tilt works well when you can get it in. You can chaingrab him but to be honest, it isn't really worth it. Turnips work well enough as his reflector is throw and not in one place like Fox's for example

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Can we start talking about Falco... >_>
I just finished three stocking this pretty decent one - offline and everything. *jumps around*

Sky`

Smash Lord
60 ROB.
40 Peach.

Totally.
We can't be easy on our girl, even though she's our Girl.

Top Bottom