• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

peach vs samus

bdc873

Smash Rookie
Im having A LOT of trouble against samus how does she have teh advantage over her what are the strategies?

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
I'd say go for Corneria as a counterpick, but that might not be too great an idea since both characters do exceptionally well on it.

Float cancel through a grab to a shoulderpad upsmash = kill at around 70%.

Don't forget that your neutral A can go through missiles.

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
Actually, I think Kongo Jungle might be your best bet. Utilize the whole stage to keep her on her feet, as she can't really do much about verticle game.

LieutenantSerg

Smash Lord
Kongo Jungle does sound like a good choice its either that or Jungle Japes..
Also you should try to get the Dsmash when ever you think the samus will CC.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Samus can be a problem for Peach. But you can be a bigger problem to her. here is a few things I want you to work on if you want to get better at this match.

When you hit her off the stage, if she is far away and below the stage coming back, throw turnips. if they connect a good 2 to 3 times you can send her backing. If she is above you, create a wall of turnips and throw them at her.them when she comes down slowly, hit her with a N-air or some else to keep her off, If he is hanging on the edge, Float over it and do a FC to D-air, then N-ar her for the kil (time it)

when you fight her on the ground, at times you have to be evasive with her. watch for missiles, its always good to have a turnip in your hand and follow up with a combo.. Use the FC techs, to take her out and make the match hard for her. Samus cant really do much about that. Also be patient when fighting her. Watch how the samus moves. watch how they come at you and all.

If getting comboed, DI away. Don't try to get a hit in before her. get some space then go into the fight. Back off when getting comboed
If samus throws you down, DI away from her cause she will hit you with a N-air
Move around alot, wave dash, Dashdance, and Use FC techs, try not to stay still so much. Confuse them in your movement
Watch for her missiles, if you have to retreat go ahead and get some space from her, then you think you got it, go back into the fight. nothing wrong with running away and getting space
Mix up your grabs and dash attacks.
Don't crouch cancel aginst samus too much, you will get owned for it hardcore.
mindgames buddy. Use goodmindgames to own.

this is all I have for you right now, anymore questions, feel free to ask, I'll be more than happy to help you

JthmNny

Smash Rookie
NNID
Bob-Omb
Eh what about when the first stage is something that allows massive spamming of missles (IE: Pokemon stadium) Better to play offensive or defensive against an aggressive samus?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Better to play close-quarters, almost always. You have a quicker grab, a just-as-good dash attack, and Float-Cancel for really fast aerials.

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
I say it's better to play offensive against Samus... Don't let her take control of the level and try to occupy the middle of the stage so that you have more room to move around. Samuses seem to do worse when they're under pressure, so I find this matchup to be easier on smaller stages.

Vampirekain

Smash Journeyman
As the dudes before me said try to keep it close and personal! don't let her breath much! Even if it means getting a bit of punishment! Don't give her time to think a lot! Force her to do silly mistakes and as Dark Peach said work on your mindgames! Throw turnips...You don't have to hit her just set the stage for a big combo! Once you get the hang of it you'll see that Peach VS Samus is nothing for you to worry about.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
The fastest move to deal with that is her Up-B. It has Major priority. If you do yours out of the shield yours make kick in before hers

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
Well, with FC, there is still lag, so the Samus still has frame advantage for her upB, however small. It also doesnt seem practical to FC every attack into upB. The samus i'm talking about is Triad. He plays very similar to hugs

Top Bottom