• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach vs Ganon

Thomas Tipman

Smash Champion
me and my friend play often and this match up is soo weird. ganon could be owning peach and bamm the bitc.h is on crack, doing the ownage right back. personaly i feel this match up is real close cause either char can own the other real bad and fast.

how do you guys think this match goes? im really down to a fifty fifty here, if i had to give it to one of them itd be ganon and only cause he is cooler.

Quetzalcoatl

Smash Ace
The great thing about peach is that she can be played in different ways to best counter the opponent. A good shield and turnip game will be very tough for ganon to compete against, there is also the fact that peach is a lot faster and can combo ganon very well, I don't think i need to mention her edge guarding abilities. Ganon will beat Peach if she tries to go for the more typical approach of float canceled fairs and dash attacks, but with a very defensive Peach, Ganon will have a hard time.

Petarded

Smash Apprentice
its always so satisfying to smach the big characters around with my turnips...i don't know it just feels good. As long as you stay away from the b attacks (if they dare to use them) and shield grab properly I find ganon to be a veery manageable opponent. Turnips really screw up his recovery so SPAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM....yeah all those Ms were necessary.....

Barbarian Horde

Smash Rookie
Wow, this is close. Ganon has no projectiles, so the range game clearly goes to Peach. Ganon has some really powerful moves, but good Peach players don't usually go right above another character, and can easily keep out of the range of Ganon's other two ground smashs. The air game is a tie, because Ganon has beastly moves, but Peach can just float away, and is really hard to nail down. In the end though, I think Ganon's weight will carry him just because he can last longer in an otherwise equal fight.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
How to punish Ganondorf's bmoves: Dsmash. Against the one where he lunges forward with a Shoryuken-like crappy thingie, it'll clank.

Against the kick (Vulture Kick?), it will either clank or overprioritize him and HIT HIM! Also, I've had the computer get CC:ed against the dsmash while performing it on the ground. I dunno if it was a semi-glitch of some kind since I haven't played any Ganondorfs and gotten a chance to dsmash a Vulture Kick since.

Just turnip him in the face. Also, Ganondorf is, as opposed to the fastfallers, floaty. Jut watch out for the dair (which can't kill you as long as you're in the air and not directly above the abyss), nail him with uairs and he'll be "Aaaaaaaargh":ing into a Star any minute.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
Your game has to be very keep away and turnip intensive to even the tables vs. Ganondorf.

I sorta play this match like the way I would against a Marth. However, fsmash, usmash, up+B, and even utilt become valuable tools to outprioritize Ganon's aerial game. Fsmash is disjointed and hits in the spot where Ganon loves to be - above and in front of Peach. Usmash and Up+B from shield cannot be overlooked when Ganon is varying his jumps into aerials. As for utilt... yeah, even that works. If you suspect stomps, SH an aerial or Up+B.

Recovery can be a bit tough, as Ganon can actually edge guard Peach and chase down her floating if there aren't significant platforms involved. Floating high is ok, but Ganon is still capable of rushing you down before you land, unless you're on some Battlefield-type stage that gives you platforms to work with. Aiming under is also ok, but his spike and edgehog are a cause for concern. Coming from below means you need enough jump left to Up+B on the stage safely should he attempt an edgehog. To come in at an even level with the stage, use Toad to turn Peach around before attempting to fly back. Bair is by far the toughest aerial for Ganon to hit Peach out of.

As for edgeguarding Ganon, turnip spam off the edge. Grab and fthrow him when possible. Dair combos are excellent when he attempts to sweet spot the edge. If he DI's behind you, you can simple FC and dsmash him back out. If he stays in front, you can immediately nair him, or FC and fthrow him. If he can come in high, none of this applies. You have to chase him down with running dsmash or a grab to get him back out. He can be tricky coming in high, so don't do anything unless you his landing point figured out, because losing killing edgeguarding opportinities sucks with Peach.

WarriorKnight

Smash Ace
I agree, Ganons power is a bit overwelming to peach, to avoid getting struck as much as possible, turnips should always be thrown to distract him from hitting you directly. Ganondorfs usually kill peaches, but not all the time.

ALTARIA228

Smash Journeyman
Barbarian Horde said:
Wow, this is close. Ganon has no projectiles, so the range game clearly goes to Peach. Ganon has some really powerful moves, but good Peach players don't usually go right above another character, and can easily keep out of the range of Ganon's other two ground smashs. The air game is a tie, because Ganon has beastly moves, but Peach can just float away, and is really hard to nail down. In the end though, I think Ganon's weight will carry him just because he can last longer in an otherwise equal fight.
Actually, Ganon's weight isn't really an issue. The strongest characters are the slowest, and have moves that can easily throw them off the edge. But it all depends on the type of match. Here's my guesses...

Peach: Stock Match, Coin Match, Slow Mo Melee,Tiny Melee,Super Sudden Death(turnips,baby!)

Ganon: Giant Melee,Fast Melee,Stamina Mode,Beginner's Melee

emblem pride

Smash Journeyman
ive never had any major probs with ganon vs peach, seeing ganon knock her off the screen is so great... so from my experiences id say its in ganons favor...

Thomaat

Smash Apprentice
I play this match a lot with a friend and it's often quite close. I find it hard to keep him away, so most of the time, I rely on my shield untill I get the chance to inflict some damage.

ALTARIA228

Smash Journeyman
emblem pride said:
ive never had any major probs with ganon vs peach, seeing ganon knock her off the screen is so great... so from my experiences id say its in ganons favor...
It is NOT in Ganon's favor at all! Peach has the dodging ability of a lifetime due to her ability to use toad,and due to the inability of a fast knockout move from Ganon. So I suggest YOU go play smash bros. against a level 9 Peach, and then tell me who's FAVOR it's in.

Roy/Marth Player.

Smash Apprentice
Ok Ok Here We Go Again
I Watched A Match With Peachy And Ganon..
And Peachy Won
Now If It Was Real Life Here Is How It Goes..(Well It may happen like this x3)
Peachy: hey whats up
Ganon: You tell me whats up -grabs peachy and throws her in the air-
Peachy: Your Sooo Mean!! -throws turnip at ganon-
Ganon: Gee You dont have to hit me! -Punches peachy-
Peachy : You can never slap a girl! -Bi*** slaps ganon-
.....After Fighting you see them both dead and a sign that says:
"Just Married."

WhatIsFear

Smash Ace
i play against level 9 peaches with ganon and 4 stock them, so its in MY FAVOUR, but playing comps means jack crap

anyways, i pretty much agree with the overall response of it being quite close, but i give the edge to ganon

peach pros: her neutral air owns...can stop a jumping ganon in his tracks if read correctly, yes the turnips are really annoying, her downsmash changes your direction in midair after your hit...so if you fly far off the stage after being hit...no wiz foot recovery for you

peach cons: takes more work to ko ganon, once knocked off the stage, peach is almost easy pickings unless she somehow grabs the edge or lands, but while in the air its really dangerous for peach

ganons pros: his f air owns, down throwing peach is a free back air/foward air/up air depending on where they DI, doesnt take as many moves to ko peach, wiz foot goes through turnips

ganon cons: only way to recover back to stage is if peach messes up ( at high percentage that is ), if you mess a tech up after getting hit by a peach dsmash, thats probably another hit, pretty much one mistake gets you comboed

im sure theres more i didnt mention, but im hungry and its time for lunch. just wanted to bring up a few things, and maybe my view is biased..but i think it leans in ganons favor a bit

Meme

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
6939 6733 3968
As a Ganondorf player most of the times I fight my friend's Peach (which he plays really good); Peach's turnips are my main trouble, not about edgeguarding, but the supercharged one, I always happen to have the luck to get 1 or 2 deadly turnips in every match (and every full moon 4 of 'em).

Her down smash is also an issue, not about the damage but the effect that leaves you (in high damages) out of the stage, facing outside the stage, making ganondorf unable for him to return using the Wizard's foot.

Also the "combo-able side" of Ganodorf; that can be eluded by some proper DI. Well there are some more pros on peach but those my problems when facing against her.

And well Ganondorf has his own pros.

I would say the match is kind of even, but a little on favor for Peach.

I think the battle is in hands of the players, in what is style of fighting, and mind games.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
This match is totally even, no matter what people may think or say. Peach has many ways to shut down Ganon, and it really only takes a good 5 hits for Ganon to kill Peach...

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Ryoko's right: defensive is the way to go. Offense will only get you slapped around like a dirty ho. Turnips are your most valuable move in this match imo. It's all about the comboing for Peach.

Thomas Tipman

Smash Champion
i dont think its much turnips its self but turnip setups that own like i genius i get caught with blocking a turnip at close range and then peach downsmashes. sheild destroyer to the max! ive always had an itching that is was even but matches ive always had were nothing but balanced most the time (id own or get owned).

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's even, yes. However, this is another one of those annoying matchups where Peach has to work about twice or so as hard to win as the opponent. She has to outwit them repeatedly in order to win.

I.T.P

Smash Ace
i get to play this matchup a lot with my friend(he's the gannon). and usually what get's him is the d-smash to the wall edge guard. turnips help alot in keeping him in a good setup for a Nair, but most of the time is dash attacking or d-smashing him outside of the arena, then using them for a D-smash\Nair edge guard.

i heard he even opened a thread here for help against me, but i don't know his smashboard nick.

§Maverick§

Smash Journeyman
RyokoYaksa said:
This match is totally even, no matter what people may think or say. Peach has many ways to shut down Ganon, and it really only takes a good 5 hits for Ganon to kill Peach...

Thats very true. Ganon can destroy Peach very fast...but the problem is that he is too slow.
And Peach can KO´d Ganon but that takes some time...

Whitefire

Smash Apprentice
This thread hasn't been used in a long time, but I was digging through some of my september fights and I found a good visual example of a novice peach vs a novice ganon. Here you can see the strengths ganon can use to beat a peach, and the weaknesses that Peach can exploit. I used to not play very smart but I used round one to analyze my ganon foe.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=lGrdl_gNmyo

RedSoxFan3

Smash Ace
If the Ganon can play fast, this is a very tough matchup for Peach and probably in Ganon's favor. Peach will rely heavily on edgeguarding to win this matchup. Try to hit him with a turnip or aerial as he comes out of his down b. That's when he's most vulnerable.

Ganon can be tricky with their Up B and will often either go over the top on you forcing you to hit him back on to the stage, or they will threaten to go over the top and then DI back and sweetspot the ledge.

Cia

das kwl
I definitely think ganondorf has the complete advantage in this match up. However, because it's peach, she's not completely helpless. Now like everyone else said, a turnip distraction game is easily her best bet. But what many have forgotten is that this is one of the rare match ups in which peach has the speed advantage. Because of this, u can use mindgames too keep ganondorf at bay. the only time it is essential to move in is when you can grab combo him, or knock him off the stage. Edge guarding ganondorf isn't so hard. In my experience, i seen that the best approach is with a turnip and/D-air. That should lag ganondorf long enough for you to figure out your next move. overe all the ratio of advantageous conditions in the match up Ganondorf:peach is 6:4. That's what i think[/I]

RedSoxFan3

Smash Ace
This is a pretty rare matchup imo, so its really hard to judge which character is winning. I'd still say it's mostly even. The scales aren't really heavily tipped to one side.

You should also watch for Ganon crouch cancelling into Down B. And don't do floating dairs too close to the ground either, cause Ganon will Down B and then you die.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
what what major bumpage lmao...

fun fact: ganondorf is the best turnip catcher. he can air z-catch turnips from under and behind him lol.

amished

Smash Cadet
What's really funny is that I've played against that Ulti in the video with my Peach (I'm extremely new to any level of competitive Smash) and I ended up only getting 1 stocked. Playing defense with turnips, and getting in a good DSmash or 8 worked wonders, especially if you can chase a turnip at him, then smack him with just about anything.

This is one of the few matchups that you'll have a speed advantage in, so if you get a couple hits to get him into the air, you should be able to get him off the stage fairly easily. Of course, I am really new, and my compitition wasn't exactly the best, but that's the impression that I got from it.

Top Bottom