• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach vs Falcon

GoodMorningWood

Smash Rookie
Serious question, i was at a tourney recently and got second place because of a really good C. Falcon. I simply wasn't used to the matchup and was wondering if you guys could give me tips or video links on this?

Dot Face

Smash Rookie
So guys I have a pretty big Falcon problem as well when it comes to d-throw --> knee. I remember reading a few years ago on smashboards the perfect DI for the down throw from one of the physics analyzers and it was not just "down and away" like I often see, but instead it was a specific angle on the control stick in that area. I've tried using the search function to no avail. There is a good chance that this post was actually in another forum (falcon or melee discussion maybe?). Regardless, I can't find it and it would be great if anyone knows what I'm talking about and can provide the link!

Also this is more of a general question but I figure I can throw it here: If I am trying to nair out of getting comboed, do I need to smash out of tumble and then nair, or can I rapidly tap A and the nair will come out?

Edit: found my answer it was this post

http://smashboards.com/threads/offi...bout-stuff-thread.120445/page-36#post-3615488

Last edited:

Spooky Ghost

Smash Rookie
Float cancelled up-air is an excellent tool against captain falcon. If you read an incoming aerial, you can hit them with a low fc up-air and it will either trade or if you get a clean hit, allows you to start a nice combo. It's also a very non-commital move so you can just throw it out in neutral. Just don't spam it too much or the C-falc will read it and punish you with a grab or a well timed aerial.

TheBattleRifle

Wiltshire's GOAT
NNID
thebattlerifle
I find this matchup particularly frustrating because you have to just be patient and avoid situations where you can't respond with much, such as shield pressure and jabs. Just use spaced Backairs and be careful when pulling a turnip because of the amount of vulnerability.

One of the biggest mistakes I made with this matchup is assuming Captain Falcon is an easy character to edge guard. I mean, Falcon's recovery is pretty bad, but it's quite common for Falcon players to recover high onto platforms (Obviously depending on the stage). Sounds dumb at first but it's actually effective for a Falcon player, at least in this matchup, and is something you really should look out for. The simple reason being is that Peach's vertical mobility is slow, which means Peach will take longer to reach the higher platforms. This crew battle at Heir II is a good example, if you skip to 11 minutes into the video you'll see Armada's Peach vs Fuzzyness' Falcon, Fuzzy actually playing the matchup really well. In that one game you will see Fuzzy using high recoveries to his advantage. There were times where Armada simply didn't make it to the top platform in time, and at times Fuzzy had enough time to block anything Armada threw at him after landing on the platform. This is just a thing I think it's important to look out for :p

TheBattleRifle

Wiltshire's GOAT
NNID
thebattlerifle
Also FYI for counter-picking anything

Fountain of Dreams - In my opinion this is the best stage for Peach in this matchup. While the high and thin blastzones aren't necessarily in Peach's favor, the size of the stage and the close and variable platforms are, and they make it more difficult for the Falcon player. Another thing to look out for is that Falcon can go insanely high on this stage with DI.

Final Destination - This stage is pretty even in my opinion for this matchup. The thing that is in Peach's favor is that Falcon's recovery options are very limited and heavily punishable without platforms, but at the same time if Peach gets hit up in the air there is literally no safe way to get back down onto the stage, so you have to get a bit creative. Be super careful with your float and double jump.

Top Bottom