• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Vs. Falco

Good Samurai

Smash Rookie
Hey, I'm having serius toruble against my friends falco and falco's in general... I need some strategies of how to attack him and beat him.

Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks.

Boocif

Smash Cadet
its not very hard just DI out of the shine, tek out of spike, role away form pillers and inf. shines, jump over shb, and realy alot of other stuff but i cant remember them now, just play lots of falcos and u will get use to it.good luck.

Pea©h4§ale

Smash Cadet
I guess that covers the particulars- Falco is truly the best to use against peach- or in your case, the worst:crazy: Generally maintain ground movements as well as you can since falco is all height in jumping.

The Cape

Smash Master
Chain throw, chain throw, chain throw.

You can up throw chain Falco for about 50% (dont know the start and end of it), finish with an F throw into an edgeguard.

Zanguzen

Smash Lord
its not very hard
wow

anyway, what boocif said and also uthrow chain is very good starts at like 70ish i think ends at 120ish(?) but in general uthrow is very good- can lead into any good move- fair, usmash, etc..

use a shieldsmash to stop falco if he double jumps into a dair- otherwise ull have to wd-back into some sort of move to avoid a pillar

dont try and shieldgrab when he shffls dairs- the shine will always hit u-

thats all i know- the peach i play cant touch me

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
I find an up throw with a forward tilt afterward to reel Falco in helps, but I don't know if it helps all the time when you repeat it. It does help in adding the percents in lower ranges, and it might just reel him back into grabbing range again because of his falling speed...

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
* Chainthrows are unbreakable between 40-80%. After that, nair or uair him.

*Dtilt combos. Against fastfallers, if you dtilt them, up 'til they reach 100%, they'll be in range of either a grab or a nair. At 0%, you'll have to do a really fast shorthopped nair. Or you could just dsmash >: D

* At 0%, you can uthrow him into a dsmash.

* Dsmash like hell to punish everything. Even without crouchcancelling, it will usually hit him 3 times.

* Ftilt is a good launcher against fastfallers are well.

* Try to fair him a lot.

* Float-cancel, yes, this applicable.

* Do not spam the dashattack.

* If he dashattacks you, shield it and then usmash or jump into a nair.

* If he keeps shuffling dairs into shines, time it right if he's either double jumped or fulljumped and nair him. You'll both take the hit, but yours is much stronger.

* Powershield as many lasers as you can.

* Don't become too predictable with your recovery.

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
Oh yeah, dont forget that fthrow; he fast falls, so he will be below the platform before he knows it, and pretty far out. Edgeguard to abuse his sucky recovery even more.
Poor birdie, if only you didnt waste so much height with that first jump, you might have a longer recovery.
Turnips spell certain doom if hit by one when off the stage. Plus his up b takes some time to charge, make sure you aim well.
If you dont like turnips, cycle your f smashes so you use a frying pan smash, this means the next will be a tennis racket/golf club. Hit him with either of those before he touches the stage.
Abuse his predictable recovery-- getting him in the air off the stage is up to you.

Also a difference of opinion: upsmash him after a chain throw, if you end it early, you can try for the sweetspot without worrying about an arial attack from him.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
I forgot to mention (works against Fox as well, but not as well since Fox has teh fire):

Once he's off stage, he'll usually use forward + b to recover. Float into a nair/bair. Or float, start the fair and move backwards.

If he's in range, charged an upsmash. If sweetspotted, the fastfallers will die for sure at 107%. I don't know about when they'll die at their earliest, I haven't tried that out yet.

How to sweetspot the usmash: Hit them with either her shoulderpads OR have them be inside of you when you usmash. Works really well with Falco & Fox's forward + b. Also, if it doesn't kill, hey, 19% of solid damage.

Also works if they up + b and forget to DI away.

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
I'm sorry if this is considered reviving an old topic, but what does one do against a SHL spammer? Powershielding isn't damage efficient, since the reflected lasers hit him for 1% and I'll prolly mess up more than I can PS.

The Falco in question literally does nothing but SHL. I'm shielding and rolling as an approach, but are there better choices?

Miharu

Smash Hero
outofdashdwz said:
I'm sorry if this is considered reviving an old topic, but what does one do against a SHL spammer? Powershielding isn't damage efficient, since the reflected lasers hit him for 1% and I'll prolly mess up more than I can PS.

The Falco in question literally does nothing but SHL. I'm shielding and rolling as an approach, but are there better choices?
Liar.

I do other things besides SHL. DONT LIE.

You float above SHL =_=

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
WHAT? You know you spam SHL like no other T_T.

Oh, and I can't chainthrow very well =/
And if I try to float above the lasers, he jsut jumps a bit higher and shoots me down
-_________-

D

Deleted member

Chain upthrow to 50%, then nair him. If all goes well, he'll be off the edge, then float out and back air his ***. If he's up-b ing, stand on the ledge till you start doing the "about to fall off the edge" animation, and downsmash when he tries to fly up your skirt.

Edit: Oh right, against SHL. I try to powershield, but make sure you gain ground. If you get towards him, he'll probably try to forward smash. If this is the case, float just out of f-smash range, and slap him. (tap a twice) then dash attack, and then take it from there.

phish-it

Smash Champion
Actually, when the bird comes in range, I sometimes try to counter the lasers. Yes, pull out good ol' toad. Up-throw to tech chase grab or down smash works great as well.

Bailey

Smash Hero
Unless the Falco is Zanguzen, it is easy. Chain Throw. Up Throw, if they DI early running A them to hit them up wards, then grab again, turnip combos, D-Smash.

Omadon

Internal Combustion Power
I have a similar problem, however - I've only ever played a Falco I had trouble with a couple times, and I was too busy getting face-***** to come up with anything intellegent, I find if I try to float over the SHL, I spend pretty much my whole time trying to evade him in some way. The only thing I can think to say here though that hasnt been said already - in tournament settings, counterpicking things like Corneria can **** falco. The angle of the whole stage makes the SHL bloody innacurate, and the slants give you free CCed DSmashes.

Any other counterpicks? I've got a tournament on the weekend, and the thought of playing that falco again makes me feel vaguley ill xD

Box_of_Fox

Smash Journeyman
I agree with Hydro, if a tourney allows Mute City as a map choice, it screws over your opponents. Peachs floating abilies and counters allow her to avoid the cars and quickly adapt the scene changes.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
You can float above them if he is in a habit of always lasering low. If he's in a habit of lasering high, just slowly walk then shield your way in. A good tactic is to use your jab after you get hit by a laser so he can't follow it up with anything (besides a short hopped Down air, but if you time your jab right you can overcome it) Often times it's good to take 2-3 of the laser hits (who the hell cares about 6 percent damage? Downsmash does 30% to him, you can take hits from him, just don't get combod) so don't worry about getting hit by a few lasers. The lasers are effective because people get hit by then then panick and start playing stupidly. If you get hit by a few lasers don't sweat it, just space yourself, work your approach in and wait for him to jump at you or approach you and do your close range Peach things from there. You can equally balance about 12 hits of his Laser with just one downsmash, so don't worry about getting the percentage, just worry about NOT LETTING it set you up for a grab , smash or follow up.

If there are platforms, jump on the platform, he will try to laser you up there but you will immediately drop down back to the stage and pull out a turnip. It's a good way to pull turnips after Falco, but you need platforms.

Powershield can be useful too.

Miharu

Smash Hero
Nice advice.

I'm the Falco he's referring to btw. That stuff can help me improve my approach game loads, thanks.

Omadon

Internal Combustion Power
The one who'se referring to? I'm referring to JAM5 o.o Unless I missed someone else referring to you.

Edreeses - I'll take this into consideration, thankfully I'm going to a tournament in newcastle on the weekend, but I'm spending the night at KOne's house beforehand, and hopefully I can get a load of games in against better Falcos, specificaly Jam. I'll try some of this out, and post comments on monday.

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
I was referring to him. And I just beat him today in a moneymatch =)

Floating was really my only espace from the lasers =/ dtilt combos and floatcancel into grabs helped, as did dsmash... But it was really the aerials that ***** him =) Once Falco gets out of the stage... he's kinda dead. and fthrow helps with getting them off the stage.

turbogilman

Smash Journeyman
my recommendation is, don't freeze on falco

if falco is up on a peach w/ short hop lazers then shine dairs he will keep beating the crap out of you

use smashs, nairs, c stick d, and shield tek

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
ive always thought that falco was one of the easiest for my peach. since so many rely on the down button with shl, and pillaring, it easy to grind them up with hte dsmash. Also, if you can get him off the edge and turnip him while he charges his upB, he might die.

turbogilman

Smash Journeyman
corax, while that might be true a good falco will not get hit with it too much because they just jump. and i know you know this and while i see your point it's so friggin hard, specially on small stages where falco can easily kill peach

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
sorry peach n00b..but anyways..how would you go about getting a dtilt off on falco..i just can't see the application...explain please..techchase it maybe? sounds hard but maybe

Top Bottom