• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Vs. Bowser

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Well, I didn't see this topic, so I thought I put it up here.

Well, I've been wondering for a long while if Peach has some chance against King Bowser. I've faced someone with Bowser and got myself ***** badly.

I thought that, since Bowser was as strong as he's slightly slow, I would have a chance by D tilting or using other moves to keep him up in the air and do air combos, but I guess I'm wrong.

What's your opinion about this?

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Uh, I hope this is a Joke..bowser is easy for peach one of her best matchups. Just spam turnips and down air, and get behind him and downsmash. I dont even need to suggest anything smart here, her moves are too good for him, even the good bowser players out there.

Tian

Smash Apprentice
Peach can be much better than Bowser if you use her right. :)

Bowser is big, but slow, and can't jump very well either. So i just knocked him off stage with my Ha-Cha attack.(and a couple turnips). Then i floated off stage and KOed him, then i flew back.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Uh, I hope this is a Joke..bowser is easy for peach one of her best matchups. Just spam turnips and down air, and get behind him and downsmash. I dont even need to suggest anything smart here, her moves are too good for him, even the good bowser players out there.

Well, it's not a joke. far from it. And I don't think Bowser is one of Peach's best match up. It's more like a obstical.

Bowser may be big and slow, but in the right hands, he could be a threat to the average peach. There's this really good Bowser player I've met a few weeks ago. His name is DJ Nintendo, Bowser mainer and a crew member of Killa Fleet.

All I'm saying is no matter what, don't underestimate a person just because he picked a character Peach has the avantage of. Now, I'll try to use your suggestion. Thanks.

C-Bomb

Smash Apprentice
^ would have been my opinion had it not been for my good friend Mud. He introduced me to the world of Bowser and although it may seem like a no brainer, its actually not. if your opponent is smart then they wont be so eiasly caught by simply dair to nair and dsmash and turnip spamming. sure those techniques are effective on him, but if he knows this matchup, he will avoid getting caught by that.

my advice to you is dont take his size for granted. sure he moves slow but he has quite a few moves that are surprising in speed. Fair, ftilt, upB, forwardB for example. also, he can juggle you pretty efficiently with his up airs so try to stay on or near the ground.

dont let him get close to you. try to abuse his slow movement speed by spacing yourself properly and using turnips to keep him at bay. He needs to play agressive in this matchup so use that to your advantage by playing defensive at times yet agressive at others.

as for your qustion with the dtilt. well bowser is a big target so is eiaser to hit but also remember that with moves like up b and ftilt, it may be hard to get the opportunity to use such a move without getting hit first. use it situatinally at best.

Cort

Apple Head
I'm not sure why you put any emphasis on dtilt against Bowser, when dsmash would probably be a much better option at the time. It's easy enough to juggle Bowser in the first place, all he really has against you is up+b out of shield, and if he shield camps you can just **** it with FC'd aerials into dsmash as long as they are semi-spaced. His shield will be ***** atleast.

You just have to really worry about being above bowser, as I'm pretty sure the only way he can effectively kill you most of the time is with his usmash/uair/utilt, which all pretty much suck and are slow. You are probably being mindlessly aggressive if you get hit by these moves. It's not hard to recover against Bowser either, it's easy to bait him especially with Peach.

Edge gaurding Bowser is also ridiculously easy with turnips/floating near the edge with a simple bair. I'm pretty sure it easily outprioritizes his up b (much like every other move against Peach's bair >_>)

You should post on how this Bowser is killing you/how he manages to edge gaurd you/how he is effectively hitting you. It's probably your spacing of your moves in general.

metroidmania

Smash Cadet
turnips counter bowser, peach herself does not

keep that in mind and you shoudl be fine
as a metter of fact, peach herself usually does counter bowser, but turnips work excellently. Outrun Bowser, Peach should be absolutely dominating him.

Link-101

Smash Apprentice
Yes just use lots and lots of turnips! You should basically just hide the whole time with a turnip in hand =P Your opponent will get angry most likely and that will ruin his thinking. Then you can get in there and sneak in some dsmashes FTW!

metroidmania

Smash Cadet
what do you mean by 'ten characters is the minimum this can be?' What does it have to do with my post? Please be more specific thanks.

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
what do you mean by 'ten characters is the minimum this can be?' What does it have to do with my post? Please be more specific thanks.
He was just responding to the other guy's post. The other guy said that Peach counters bowser even without turnips, so he said "nonsense". The "ten characters" bit was because smashboards requires you to have 10 characters in a post (the word "nonsense" is only 8.)

stupidretardster

Smash Cadet
If you could explain what and how this bowser killed you, I could find a way to counter it.
Like others said spam turnips and abuse his slow running/ attacking speed. If a turnip hits run straight into a dash attack/ Down smash or Instant float Nair because bowser doesnt have any really fast attacks other than UP B.
Note Instant floating Bairs out prioritises most attacks bowser can do Including Bowser's pesky UP B

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Bah, sorry I took over a week to reply to this (it's actually been 24 days since it was last posted, so I should be alright...>>;; )

Anyway, the way the Bowser that killed me was simple. When I'm with my Peach, I have a more aggressive style of play, meaning I'll usually charge over to my oppent with powerful attacks and combos, trying to give him nearly little to no time to attack back. If there's anything I've learned when facing bowser, it's this.

Agressive Peach + agressive Bowser = BIIIIG no no. XDD;;

Also, my opponent, when after he uses an aerial move, he would press L or R the moment when he's near ground, speeding up his counterattack progress.

But, I've gotten a bit better, but still hold no Bowser fighting experiance since that day. So, in order to beat bowser, I gotta do some mindgames and play a defensive style?

Cort

Apple Head
OMG NEW DISCOVERY!?

We should call it... pressing the L button to be able to counterrattack faster-cancel.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
Dsmash VS Fortress = Clank?

Heck, I call Bowser's up+b ''The Clank'' instead of fortress simply because it simply clanks with many moves (like sum chars' jabs) instead of beating them.

The Clank = overated
haha see the great thing about that (if you are playing a good, experienced bowser) is that the clank is basically you get to insta fortress the person, if your timing is right theres nothing they can do ther, the initial frames are invincible, even if you have a faster move it doesn't matter, if you clank again it doesn't matter, you'll get fortressed

play a good bowser, then say "THE CLANK" is overrated

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
Peach can be much better than Bowser if you use her right. :)

Bowser is big, but slow, and can't jump very well either. So i just knocked him off stage with my Ha-Cha attack.(and a couple turnips). Then i floated off stage and KOed him, then i flew back.
Knock him off the stage with the ha-cha attack... Peach Bomber? Generally not a good idea, even with Bowser's speed.

And to the poster... I take it that you're not used to playing people who actually know what they're doing. L-Canceling is a normal part of the game, and is something you should always anticipate. Against Bowser, just turnip spam and camp like a ******.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
And to the poster... I take it that you're not used to playing people who actually know what they're doing. L-Canceling is a normal part of the game, and is something you should always anticipate. Against Bowser, just turnip spam and camp like a ******.

no no, I'm sorta used to it. I'm just still trying to get used to some of the smash names like SHFFL and such. I know several semi pros use these kinds of techniques. I just either didn't know what it was called or how they did it ^^;;;

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
Yeah, a Peach does have an advantage if you STA. Sexual teenage activitie the Bowser. Actually, it's Spamming the Turnip Action. Run around throw. Don't use anything but the turnip! No, actually, use the dsmash, some throws, dash attack(not too often), and maybe a few float cancels, and a semi good bowser should be down pretty fast. Unless it's the Gimpyfish himself. He is in this topic you know. Take his word on bowser.

Top Bottom