• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach v. Link

The Hypnotist

Smash Lord
I actually don't have that many problems with Link but I'm still always curious. Any good combos, chainthrows etc.?

What stages should I counter pick? Brinstar? Mute City?

What should I watch out for, what should I spam to annoy him?

Any good Peach v. Link videos?

Thanks a ton guys.

Goodies

Smash Apprentice
Vidjo vs Azen is a good vid of how to play Peach vs Link. Azen is the best US Link and Vidjo is the best US Peach. Instead of focusing more on combos and CGs although they are useful, pay attention to how Vidjo approaches Azen. Vidjo is trying to stay close range and he's using a strong turnip game to help with that. Most of his kills are from tricky edgeguards via turnips, aerials and grabs.

Stage(s) to Avoid: FD(Slightly in Favor for Link, Projectile Spam), DL64 (Even for both, but long and annoying especially if Link main has good DI)

Best Stages: Yoshi's Story (Ability to Maintain Close Range), Peach City (Link Can't go Anywhere, Difficult for Link to recover), Battlefield (Difficult for Link to Recover)

I put some advice on a previous thread for Link vs Peach. I summarizes my experiences in handling that matchup.

-Peach out!

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
I'm pretty noob but I've had a little experience VS Link. With the less experienced Link's, FC at close range is all I can really say. Most of the time, they'll jump to Nair you, A Dair should sort that out. FC into something else. Watch out for tilts though. Link can combo easily with D-Throw -> U-Tilt -> Uair. The only way I found found to get around this is to airdodge after the U-tilt.

At mid-damage you can chain-throw with the down throw if they don't know how to DI it. When they learn to DI they tend to stay close enough for a follow up attack. At low damages, Up-Throw and follow up with an Aerial.

I'd stick with Mute City and Battlefield as far as counter stages go. Yoshi's Story is also a good choice but I reckon MC and BF are better. Of course, interrupt recovery with turnips, also don't be afraid to jump off the edge and throw one down or aerial the Link.

Hope this helps,

BB

Sundown

Smash Journeyman
Do you guys mind if i copy and paste, or just quote all of this into the Peach Royal Room thread? I think its a very good multipurpose thread and this info could fit very well there too.... so to the guys who posted, u mind?

Top Bottom