• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach - Over Prioritized Ground Smash

darkflameknight

Smash Rookie
I've had a frustrating time against peach when people pick her. She has an over prioritized smash that is no canceled on hit and instead causes the rest of it to hit you and set you up for over 50 to 75% extra damage.

If a hit causes a cancellation then the rest of this attack SHOULD cancel. I find that too many moves on characters have become the "spam option" instead of a tool on a character's arsenal.

P.S: Can it not hurt to put back in having extra jumps when struck in the air? i thought the triping was bad but this become WAY worse in the juggle game -_-

Sartron

Smash Journeyman
1. Crouch canceling against Peach's down smash has caused this in Melee. This is a change I believe the PMBR wants to keep. Don't hold down on her down smash.
2. To retain your jumps offstage, do not use it. When your opponent hits you, you will keep that jump. If you use your jump and are hit, you will lose it. This has been in every smash game including Brawl.
3. Tripping was worse.

darkflameknight

Smash Rookie
No her smash cancels my incoming move and i get hit by the rest of the hit. Only my move and her first strike on her down smash are canceled. In accordance with how moves cancel out now she should stop the rest of her attack but doesn't.

Mithost

Smash Ace
Locked in a safe floating in the Atlantic Ocean.
So, you jump right into her and she downsmashes. DSmash does have priority, but no amount of priority will work on you if you just don't get hit. What character do you use against Peach here? Characters with swords will be able to attack peach by standing outside the hitbox of her attack and attacking.

darkflameknight

Smash Rookie
So, you jump right into her and she downsmashes. DSmash does have priority, but no amount of priority will work on you if you just don't get hit. What character do you use against Peach here? Characters with swords will be able to attack peach by standing outside the hitbox of her attack and attacking.
I believe it was ether fox or ganondorf. Both of my dash attacks do not work against her and using ganon's B-down special was unable to get through her "whiling skirt of death".

Kati

Smash Lord
Smash>dash attack.

Fox can dashdance, Ganon can Fair or wait and flame choke. Warlock kick is for punishing things like obvious rolls, not charging in and pulverizing the opponent if they are also attacking.

Top Bottom