• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Matchup

Sword

Smash Cadet
I know about Nair through turnips but that is all I know for the MU. I am a little bit tired of losing to almost every Peach I come across XD. Is there anything that could help me out or just basic knowledge about the matchup. Any advice is welcome.

Praize

Smash Rookie
I'm pretty new to Marth and Melee in general, but I may have found a chain grab on Peach while fighting vs AI, I don't know how well this actually works against an opponent with good DI, but @ ~15% (maybe a little higher but it definitely works @ 20%+) you can chain throw forward throws, Grab > FT > Dash > Grab > repeat across the stage into an Fsmash OR Short hop Down air. I discovered this totally on accident and got excited as **** when I realized it could combo into a down air. It works especially well on FD, probably works well on Dreamland. I haven't tested on battlefield / yoshi's, FoD might cause problems depending on platform height. I'd like to know if anyone can confirm this works against good DI, otherwise Ill have to wait til next wednesday to confirm for myself. This works to a pretty high percent, and if they're near the edge, F Throw into down air probably combos at any percent. I really hope this actually works :D. Anyway hope it helps.The down air is harder to get @ lower percents, but at those percents you can at least get a solid Fsmash
Another edit >.>, anyway Ive been able to do it starting from 0%, the 10% - 15% range I'm unsure of; in recent tests I've been getting it consistently so it should be viable.
So, Down air isn't always possible depending on their DI (although you might just have to be a better marth player than me in order to always get it, seems like being able to dash > SH > Dair helps improve the hit rate, at least for me) amd F smash stops working past ~50%. But the chain grab itself works up to about 100% vs. AI where it starts to get inconsistent so presumably actual players wouldn't get caught anymore.

Last edited:

Red Rice

Smash Journeyman
The dair isn't guaranteed after the fthrow. If they DI the fthrow away, you'll whiff hard.

Fthrow > fsmash and fthrow > WD > fsmash are all good kill options.
Another is side-b > utilt.

Don't let peach get under you. You'll get dash attacked a lot. Learn to WD OoS and how to apply it if you don't know already

Praize

Smash Rookie
The dair isn't guaranteed after the fthrow. If they DI the fthrow away, you'll whiff hard.

Fthrow > fsmash and fthrow > WD > fsmash are all good kill options.
Another is side-b > utilt.

Don't let peach get under you. You'll get dash attacked a lot. Learn to WD OoS and how to apply it if you don't know already
Do you know if the chain grab actually works or not? Frankly I've spent the last about 2 hours practicing this and working it through and it would kind of be a shame if it just wasn't viable against human opponents,

Praize

Smash Rookie
I was also able to go Fthrow > tipper fair > dair (Ken combo) which might be another alternative option

I'm also finding that it's actually pretty easy to guarantee a down air if you do it off a Fthrow that's far enough from the ledge that you can dash a decent distance. Especially if you can space it so you don't even have to go off the ledge for the spike.

Another edit: Yeah against AI I'm able to 100% get spikes off chain grabs at as low as 40% when I space it from the edge right.

Last edited:

Red Rice

Smash Journeyman
Unfortunately the CG is only guaranteed at low percents. I think after three or so throws, you'll have to follow up with something else if they DI away

Shiftyy

Smash Cadet
I've been to a few tournaments recently, and I've played against a Peach main a few times. Only reason I've beaten him is because I'm just slightly better than him.

That said, the only thing I've found that I've taken advantage of that isn't strictly personal of the Peach main himself, is if you grab Peach at 0%, you can F-throw -> Fsmash and it will tip very frequently. Actually haven't had the fsmash not tip yet. Pretty good for getting Peach off-stage if you can manage to do this near the edge of the stage.

Sword

Smash Cadet
I've been to a few tournaments recently, and I've played against a Peach main a few times. Only reason I've beaten him is because I'm just slightly better than him.

That said, the only thing I've found that I've taken advantage of that isn't strictly personal of the Peach main himself, is if you grab Peach at 0%, you can F-throw -> Fsmash and it will tip very frequently. Actually haven't had the fsmash not tip yet. Pretty good for getting Peach off-stage if you can manage to do this near the edge of the stage.
Wouldn't that be DI dependent though, like if they DI away you might not hit with the fsmash. Honestly I just hate peach so much XD I hate how I have to work to get like 80% on her and then if I crouch cancel just one downsmash I suddenly have more damage then she does. Also guys, I noticed that when PPMD was playing Armada at Sktar3 that he used Side B--> Up-tilt a lot. Are there maybe any other followups with side b? (other then side b to dolphin slash)

Last edited:

Praize

Smash Rookie
It's possible side b might lead into an f tilt, dtillt, jab, or grab depending how close you are but I think utilt is the best option in most situations; f tilt will just send her away resetting your situation, dtilt probably wont tip and opens you up to getting downsmashed on a crouch cancel which is no bueno, jab is pointless since side b is basically a better jab and it wont lead to anything anyway, and grab requires you to be close enough to do so and i'm unsure if it will come out fast enough. U tilt at low percents leads to combos, and at high percents can kill, or at least puts her above you which is an advantage in itself. So long story short I think utilt is probably the best option even if the others are viable.

Roanz

Smash Rookie
Punish Turnip animation (when they pull out turnips) with dash attacks, don't Fsmash unless you read it thought because they can just shield it or side step which most peaches do. Fair and Uair is your best friend, Peach is really vulnerable when you're below her ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). You can't really kill Peach early unless you get a grab in to Dair off stage so you're most likely going to throw loads of Fairs and Uairs and Nairs until you kill her around 150%. Just try to mixup your approaches, and recoveries because Peach relies on punishing mistakes.

Last edited:
Top Bottom