• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach in Teams

JFox

Smash Hero
Lets get a really good discussion going about how to play peach in teams.

Things we need-

- discussion about who is a good teammate for peach and why
- general team strategies- where are you in proximity to your teammate
- ways to save your partner
- team combos
- how to play the 2v1 as the 1
- how to play the 2v1 as the 2
- ways to team edgeguard
- *what to do about your opponent getting double teamed

Feel free to ask lots of questions!

PLEASE do not answer questions unless you know what you are talking about!!!!

Samochan

Smash Master
I think peach is a very good teammate in general, however I find her better if she plays a support role rather than straight up aggro mode, unless partnered with jiggs or another peach. Her turnips are good to throw above your partner's heads and good to pick up behind them and she's fairly slow, but can excell in defensive maneuvers and recovering, so she won't die easily if you can keep yourself away from ko hits. That 1 stock you save might be the very thing to win you the match.

She's also an excellent damage builder, being able to sneak in attacks there and there, dash attacks and dsmashes and float cancels and turnipses... edgeguarding others is also her forte if she's not distrupted too much, just throw a turnip above your partner's head and bam!, headshot! dead opponent. Peach'll covers the ground game easily when your partner covers the air with quick shffles, sword swings and whatnot. People are a lot more prone to get dsmashed on teams than in singles and other sort of tricks she can do when people are too busy to notice *cough stitchface cough*

One thing she doesn't manage well is 2vs1 situation against her though, aganst quick chars. Marth she might be able to make hit his partner, but fox, falcon, falco, sheik... don't get caught in such situation and exist asap. She works best if you're close enough to your partner, she can also deal massive damage in close quarters and in tandem with her partner. I actually once did a double dsmash combo with sheik on battlefield, my opponents came from both below and above the platform. The above one ended up with 60% and below one 100%, from both our dsmashes that cancelled each others out on the same platform, flying off stage. And that was right at the very beginning of the match. =)

Peach can very well do very nasty team combos with her attacks. Weak hits send opponetns bouncing back to another one and so on. Her upsmash, when charged, is excellent finisher so your partner can just throw random people into it (or hit people into it, marth fair into peach charged upsmash ftw) and then get a nice ko. Sweetspot upsmash ko from grabs should be used a lot more. Personally I've thought of a funny trick for teams; have your partner grab someone below you while you charge dsmash on a platform and have them upthrow or whatever throw that sends em high enough for the dsmash for some nice cc damage. =)

For teammates...

Sheik:

Sheik is very effective in a way that sheik can pressure peach's worst matchups, fox and marth, with speed and stuff and keep em busy, so peach is a lot more free to do her thing, aka do damage, actually stay alive, edgeguard, help and combo with teammate and distrupt. Basically if peach is too slow to take on something, let sheik do the job. Problem solved. Peach is also very effective saver of this certain teammate due to that up b and combos can get very ridiculous and womboish as shown by team UGS (armada & aniolas). I do think sheik is one of the best team partners for peach, due to sheik's abilities to manage peach's worst adversaries and other qualities.

Fox:
This team has ridiculous damage and ko output in both straight up ko'ing and edgeguarding. Fox ko's up while peach ko's horizonal (and up as well, sweetspot upsmash omg), fox can go very aggro while peach can go very defensive, both can camp very well, peach can aid fox's recovery while fox can save peach from getting guarded easily. Fox manages marth and sheik while peach goes to demolish that falco. Imo, this team controls all the stages so well not many team top this one. Fox could very well go berserk on everyone while peach is just being a stock tank and deals lots of damage so fox and just go an upsmash people away when he wishes. Their double edgeguard is also very scary prospect, peach being able to cover from afar and above with turnips and float and fox shinespiking and bairing people from the ledge. If one player is very aggro, fox + peach is the team combo.

JFox

Smash Hero
I personally love being alone in the 2v1 situation as the peach, especially vs fast fallers. To me the most important thing about 2v1 is making sure that your opponents arent on both sides of you. What I typically do is go under one of the side platforms and put my back to the ledge. Whats great about 2v1 is that most of the time the opponent will just run in carelessly. With peach's awesome CC she ***** dumb approaches, and quick hop back fc fair is a safe attack to throw out whenever you feel like they are about to rush you.

Peach doesnt really rely on grabbing much, which is good cuz grab games suck 2v1 for the most part. She also has a pretty good recovery, so the double edgeguard, which is often mindless in the 2v1 situation (think sheik), can be quite hard vs peach. If you are ever stuck in a situation where your opponents are on both sides of you, dsmash can come to the rescue a bit, just dont throw it out because your nervous since that will always get u *****.

The hardest part about 2v1 with peach is edgeguarding, because peach's edgeguards are typically long and drawn out processes, so the teammate will almost always come to the rescue. Unless its a very easy edgeguard, i usually like to use this opportunity to hit put easy damage on the other guy whos still on the stage. So lets say you hit a guy off, and here comes his teammate. You stand right by the edge facing off stage looking like you are waiting to edgeguard the guy, but really you are just baiting the other guy into running into a move (often times i do this to popo's that try to rescue their nana as well). The opponent will probably not bother to space and so you can easily cc dsmash if u are still at low enough percent, or just run at him right before he gets to u with a dash attack. If you successfully hit him, you can sometimes still finish the edgeguard.

In closing- camp hard- usually under platforms cuz that limits their approaches, pull very few turnips, rarely use grabs but if you do throw the guy at his opponent, be patient and let them do the approaching, dont let them get on both sides of you, dont get grabbed. :)

edit: vanz, id love to hear from you on this subject

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
Ooooo I love teams. I think Peach can team with anyone as long as you have decent team work, but I especially like teaming with Marth, Fox, and Falcon (I dont think I've ever teamed with a Sheik, so I wouldn't know about her). I usually team with Smash God, so we have a strategy that works out most of the time. As Peach, I play as the aggressive one and the stock tank. Because I am always busy combing my opponents, I never get hit. While this is happening, Smash God either kills at high percents or gimps at low percents.

Depending on your partner, 2v1s can be extremely easy. If you can set up the infinite, then go for it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that once, when I teamed with a Falcon player, we did the infinite, but instead of me grabbing and my partner jabbing, my partner grabbed and I started dsmashing. Maybe it was luck, or maybe the opponent wasnt button smashing, but I got the dsmash at least 7 times. Idk

Being alone in a 2v1 can be extremely hard, especially if you don't do well under pressure. Dsmash works wonders against fast fallers, and simple combos (dash attack to nair) work really well. Just don't get grabbed...

I've never been too good at/off the ledge, so I usually let my partner grab the ledge and edgehog/aerial the surviving opponent while I stand on top of the stage with turnips/smashes. Jumping off the stage and throwing a turnip downward can be useful while your partner is edge hogging.

I've noticed that my Peach is always aggressive in teams, even though I do simple things. People tend to fall for the average combos and get hit a lot by dsmash in teams. Of course, I usually leave the killing part to my partner unless I'm lucky, but Peach easily racks up damage against boths opponents. Also, my aggressive style does get read easily a lot, so it's good to vary it up a little bit, such as camping and baiting.

Overall, Peach is an awesome teams player =D

Cia

das kwl
I actually wanted to make a topic about this. So, good stuff JFox.

To me, Peach is just the ideal team lover's character. She's so versatile that you can get away with playing her a million different ways. Her lack of speed isn't even an issue because chances are, someone's going to be within hit range so all you really need to do is control space. Depending on who i team with, my teams play style varies. But for this example, I'm going to use my main team mate (Teczero) as our control group.

One of our best teams is Peach+Fox. In this case, I'm usually the aggressor. Because of this, my team mate knows to hang back a little bit while i just charge in with my incredible priority. Peach has sooooo many different ways to control space that I'm just naturally confident i'll make contact first. In addition to having sick priority, Peach has so many different passes. This is why Fox isn't the aggressor. If fox makes a pass, the Peach might get it, or she might not. and even if she does get it, her combo will only get her so far. Fox with his incredible speed, combos and kill potential makes him the ideal supplement to a peach pass. So while fox is destroying his catch, Peach just walls the other guy and that's why controlling space is so important.

Some characters/ players give Peach a pretty hard time in teams. So in this case, I would recommend using Peach to play the defensive role. She's an infamous tank at times and most opponents just focus on killing your fox (teammate) anyway. So use this to your advantage. Defensive Peach will use turnips to interrupt your opponents while they have your teammate in a tight spot. She can do this and wall the other teammate. So if you look at it from a military point of view, Fox is the front liner, while peach is his cover. This style works too, but fox is sometimes like a rag doll in teams. If he gets knocked down ONCE, it won't end well and Peach can't always get there fast enough to save him. So we use this strategy as a last resort.

Some team combos:

Fox Grab > Peach Dsmash x1000! = Best team combo in the 2 v 1 scenario. Quick. Effective. Your opponent's will crap themselves if you get them alone.

Bair Volley = self explanatory. Volley your opponent between fox and Peach's Bairs.

Fox throw > Peach Dsmash = This combo is nasty because it can be done easily, even with both opponent's on the stage. Not only that, but an airborne opponent usually eats two hits of the Dsmash which hands your opponent right back to fox, who can follow up provided that his hands aren't already full.

Peach Dthrow > Fox Usmash = This is another beautiful combo but it's a bit tedious compared to the one's stated above. Basically, this combo prays on your opponent's DI. Sure, they can DI the Dthrow behind peach, but they get Usmashed, then peach follows up and it gets nasty. OR they can not DI at all, and get Chain grabbed.. lol. Gayest thing/ My favorite thing you can do to your opponent is make them pick their own poison. It crushes their morale and makes them much easier kill.

Those are just some of my evil team strats. I'll be back to tl;dr post about Peach+Sheik and Double Peach. But here are my favorite team mates for Peach in order.

Ganondorf
Peach
Jigglypuff / Sheik
Fox
Ice Climbers
Captain Falcon
Dr Mario / Mario
Donkey Kong
Falco

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
Double Peach is probably my favorite team. Once you get the hang of it, it's so fun!

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Peach is so good in teams.

Double peach is just full of lolz :laugh:

I'd love to play a double marth as double peach if Vanz was my partner :laugh:

Personally my favorite team is double sheik but I do <3333 double peach

:colorful:

4% APR

Smash Champion
Vanz would rather team with doc, mario and dk before falco. No love for the lasers i guess

Cia

das kwl
yeah. idk, Falco just always seems to get in the way while i'm peach. he's my 3rd most preferred partner while i'm sheik tho.

JFox

Smash Hero
i think a good falco is probably the best partner for a jiggs IMO. shine rest=****. plus saving him negates his lack of recovery. peach on the other hand is too slow to be saving his ***, and falco's killing power isnt nearly as good as fox/falcon/sheik

4% APR

Smash Champion
yeah that's probably true. Peach is also pretty tall so she might get hit by some lasers too if falco isnt careful

Cia

das kwl
Team w/ another Peach. it's the most fun team you will ever do.

Team w/ a ganondorf if you want to win the tournament.

Team w/ a fox if you'd like a shot at winning, but will settle for 2nd or 3rd

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
I love Peach/Fox but idk I'm still partial to Marth/Peach >_> fun times. And well, I love double Peach that kinda goes without saying XD

Batmansince1939

Smash Journeyman
in my opinion marth is the best team mate for peach
grab with marth he knees you d-smash repeat and rinse works a lot of times no lie it is a fun little combo

from my experience peach and marth are both characters that can take care of themselves in battle as well which helps alot.....with spacies you end up having to save them a lot of times

plus as well marth def has a good killing power allowing peach to lifebox if nessicary which can always be good....plus they are both in my opinion spacie killers =)

best way to save someone honestly in my opinion is dair......me and my partner oro?(taking mm at pound 4 =D) always no matter what try and making it to the stage even if we know we can't make it b/c as long as he can make that up B into my dair he is getting back, and then a uair from a marth or a side B can do wonders getting you back to the stage even tho you most of the time won't need help

Marth overall is def just the best partner for peach in my opinion...plus take them to japes or green greens and those two side platforms(i guess you would call them plats maybe islands?) well anyways yea those two side plats/islands are great for a marth and peach b/c a dsmash or marths sword can cover everything when your on them making it super easy to gimp or kill your oppent

oh as well marth is a great 2v1 man as well is peach which always helps seeing that it makes you feel that much better that if you die(peach) your partner(marth) can possibly beat your two oppents

I would say cf and gannon are good as well same with fox....vanz right their with you falco is a terrible partner for peach, rather have a mewtwo nair'ing everywhere

in order of best partners for peach
--------------------------------------------------
Marth-b/c god**** he is just fudging a good teammate...oh and i know he is def not the fasts person in the game but i do feel that everytime i need help oro? with his marth is their to help so idk but marths can help you with making good time before your stock is gone

fox-easy to save with a dair, can handle his own, is fast which means if you need help he will be their, can possibly 2v1, and getting shines is i would say easier in teams which is always nice to look over and see your fox teammate shining someone

cf- KNEE!, and easy to save with a dair, and he is fast! which is nice if you need help that fool will get to you quick

gannon(this one i would say is the fourth best partner you could have but i do not know from experience)- i won't lie never had a good gannon teammate but i def see what vanz is talking about with him being a good teammate

Cia

das kwl
OMG, double Peach RAVAGES spacies. seriously think that team has the advantage against spacies on a majority of stages. i want to test that more tho.

xX-Eternal Harriet-Xx

Smash Rookie
With Peach fox, what would you do if you're fighting jiggs marth (I'm specifically referring to hbox and qdvs)?

I've fought them a lot in tourny with rockcrock, they both play outside and push me and ganon close to each other so that we're paralyzed haha.

Some weaknesses I see in marth jiggs are: marth gets ***** in the middle and loses his drawn out edgeguards, and jiggs is easily knocked away for 2v1 time and dies at low percents.

I feel like the obvious thing to do is alternate position so it is never marth--us---puff.

Here are my questions:

Can peach stalemate puff in teams?

Stage counterpicks?

Who should we sandwich?

How do we finish edgeguards against marth if the other team mate is on the stage and available to help (who gets ledge etc)? Is peach able to wall while I do my things on the edge?

Should peach play near the edge or in the center?

And...what do we do against Chops/Colbol???? teach me guysssz

Cia

das kwl
So.. I've come to the conclusion that Peach in teams is Just Nairs and Dsmash (w/ the occassional Bair) I went to a tournament this weekend and I just played AWFUL. So Nairs and Dsmashes were pretty much all I could do. But It was enough to get 1st (w/ Teczero):o

edit: Eternal Harriet - I believe Peach has the upper hand when fighting Jigglypuff 1v1. But in teams, jigglypuff is a very opportunist character who can easily drift from one opponrnt to another and just throw out a rest. So I guess you can say Peach has the upper hand if you can wall her on one side of the stage, but jigglypuff will always be a threat to your team in general

Batmansince1939

Smash Journeyman
yea in teams honestly i wait for the downsmash, lifebox, turnip, and gimp off stage

but yea thats what i do

and Eternal this is what i would do b/c my team mate uses marth and alternates with fox....
I(me being peach) would try to keep the marth occupied while your team mate the fox tries to kill the jiggs

idk i would try to push the marth to the outside with my back towards my partner just in case if help is needed b/c a spacie vs. a jigs is dangerous....but just tell that fox to usmash and uair kill that jigs fast and then double team the marth

looking something like this

jigs vs fox empty space peach vs marth
-------------------------------------------------------------------
final des

idk if that is any help but yea hopefully it was

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
You can gimp marth in teams

just do it

V jiggs I usually rely on some teamwork, make sure your teammate knows how to throw them into your usmash
Don't leave a fox alone with jiggs in teams, there's too much going on and fox can get distracted then BOOM uthrow rest
Dsmash lots

Batmansince1939

Smash Journeyman
does anyone know any combo's with a marth and peach?

and i know this is going off topic but

does anyone know any combo's with...

mmarth and shiek?

falco and fox?

fox and peach?

The Irish Mafia

Uhh, I'd recomend watching some SFAT and PewPewU for team combo ideas. Marth and peach combos mostly start with marth's grabs, which are easy to place due to his wack-*** range. Try to use uthrows for both characters, and follow up from there. Remember that marth can't finish a combo too easily off the stage, so try to hit the opponent into one of his combo moves and then finish yourself. at low percents on spacies, peach uthrow -> Marth nair -> Peach dash attack to pop up -> marth fair or something -> Peach nair/marth finisher move.

With fox, it's mostly just comboing into his usmash, and at low percents either character can follow up. Vans says dthrow works, I wouldn't know, I haven't looked into it. build what damage you can and then have fox finish it.

Sheik doesn't do team combos. I just can't find any way to do it. it mostly comes down to each character comboing them individually, then passing them off.

Falco and fox have some really good team combos, but none of them come to mind right now. Watch SFAT and PewPewU, they rip stuff to threads with their falco-fox. To name one of my favorites, they do this on a jiggs who wiffs a rest:
Falco charges dsmash while fox charges usmash a bit away. by the grace of god, the dsmash hits the jiggs right into the usmash.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSxVR_QGPoI

this is their combo video, most of it is marth-fox, but later it turns into fox falco and some other stuff. Check it out.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Peach/Marth has been my most successful team. The next being Peach/Fox and Peach/Pichu. (The Pichu player was exceptional. CURSE YOU FOR NOT PLAYING MORE DANE!!!) Peach/Falcon is fun as all heck. I prefer to take a defensive stand. I've learned my lesson from past mistakes.

Peach/Marth: I mostly stay defensive. In this case I sit back and toss turnips. One thing I do pride myself on in teams as of late is my accuracy. (I learned my lesson a looooong time ago.) I save him when i need to and let him loose. (certain players I can be more aggressive)

Peach/Falcon: Maybe it's my experience with Sensei that makes me feel this way...but stay the heck out of the way with Falcon. Just support and make sure you don't get knee'd. Try and keep an eye on potentially dangerous situations.

Peach/Doc: What's your opinion?

The Irish Mafia

Peach falcon is so much fun, and in my opinion, maybe peaches' best teammate. She makes up for his lack of a projectile and he makes up for his lack of speed. Most of peaches' harder matchups are covered by falcon, too. Don't get in his way, he'll just hit you. Try to deal with your guy and get grabs, falcon can get over to you pretty quick and knee them

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
I dont play teams a lot but I've always wanted to play peach in doubles in a way where I can follow my teammate's approaches/attacks and abuse the opponent for CCing them, and sneak dsmashes. (Ideally might work with Sheiks and Marths)

I know it's a really situational thing to do but I never seen/heard of Peaches doing it. I know she's slow but she's literally a military tank with **** and *** in doubles just waiting to **** you up.

I suck/dont play peach in doubles enough so what I might be saying could be foolishness.

shounenkel

Smash Journeyman
Fox+Peach imo
well i think, peach fox are the best team in the game, peach sheik is cool, oh peach and puff are awsome, i think peach marth is a bad team becuz marth is bad in teams well i think so and peach, falco is bad and falcon sint a really good team, overall peach is one of the best in teams next too, teams would look like this for me, fox,sheik,peach,puff,falcon i don't care after that:chuckle:

The Irish Mafia

Stupid. Double fox will eat you. You either need to be a really well oiled team or just know the hell out of the matchup. Jiggs loses the huge advantage of grab-rest that she normally has with other characters, as peach is a slow-*** *****, and Peach just doesn't benefit much from the team.

EDIT they don't die tho

Top Bottom