• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach has a new up air?

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I moved this to the Peach forum.

As there isn't an actual Peach move set thread, I think this is fine as its own thread.

@ Angrycuban Angrycuban do you know you have a Facebook chat screenshot attached to your post? I can delete it or you can yourself by editing your post...unless you want it up.

Last edited:

Awaji66

Smash Apprentice
I don't know weather it's a new up air or not. However, some people are speculating some of Peach moves like her up air is changed. So that it be harder to get up-skirt's, or move(s) that make it easy to view her undergarments(like F-tilt).

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I'm gonna say the exact same thing I did with Rosalina.

Due to the fact that we can't see below her waist it could just as easily be a new Utilt instead, she could easily be on the top platform of Battle Field. Just like Rosalina was. But it is also possible it could be her Uair, but like with Rosalina it's to soon to jump to conclusions and need official confirmation to be sure.

Last edited:

Angrycuban

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna say the exact same thing I did with Rosalina.

Due to the fact that we can't see below her waist it could just as easily be a new Utilt instead, she could easily be on the top platform of Battle Field. Just like Rosalina was. But it is also possible it could be her Uair, but like with Rosalina it's to soon to jump to conclusions and need official confirmation to be sure.
i dunno because it is listed as her up air in the section about peaches moves, i didnt add that up air graphic above the picture thats straight from sakurai

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I think that is just her up tilt, it will probably have different visual effects in this game, hearts, rainbows, etc.
But yeah, there is a possibility that the rainbow is her new up air.

Last edited:

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Sakurai said moves from previous game are subject to be changed. This could be an instance where it has been.
I think if they were gonna change something they wouldn't have shown the attack off in its own screenshot, personally. It's misleading. I'm sure Brawl moves could change but it's likely that it's ones that aren't being shown off.

bloodbuzzed

Smash Apprentice
Not sure if there is somewhere more appropriate for this, or if its already been pointed out but i think peach has a new up air? this is straight from mii verse. It looks better than her old one that's for sure
UP AERIAL

I would say out of all the possibilities, most likely this is a new Uair. Her previous one was kind of dull anyway and we all know how flashy and dainty Peach is. It's definitely not an Up-Tilt as we've seen at least one screenshot of that but I think more. The move looks to have crazy range so I hope for a buffed Peach.

andimidna

Smash Master
Peach already has multiple abilities per attack in some cases.
Like her Side Smash:

And even her down special switches:

I think there are more, and she can also pull out a beam sword or a bomb.

Even her Toad will sometimes attack and sometimes won't:

So I think of that as her gimmick, random moves.

So I think it's possible that either:
Both
and
are up tilts.
OR
Both
and
are up smashes.

andimidna

Smash Master
Peach's gimmick is floating. Not random attacks, as other characters have random attacks as well.
Ehh... when multiple characters can fly, I don't see that as much of a gimmick, just extra air time in a jump. Which her parasol already does. She really is an air fighter... just like Jiggles

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Ehh... when multiple characters can fly, I don't see that as much of a gimmick, just extra air time in a jump. Which her parasol already does. She really is an air fighter... just like Jiggles
Gliding =/= floating.

There is a big big difference.

Gliding you can only do one attacks out of. And is much stricter movement.

Floating you can do any aerial attacks with, float at any level (even on the ground), and have much better control over.

Her parasol is nothing compared to her float, trying to compare the 2 is bad.

Jiggs has neither. Her gimmick is being the floatiest character in the cast. But she doesn't actually float. She likes to weave in and out.

So yea. Peach's gimmick is floating. You can argue against that as much as you want, but you will be wrong.

andimidna

Smash Master
Gliding =/= floating.

There is a big big difference.

Gliding you can only do one attacks out of. And is much stricter movement.

Floating you can do any aerial attacks with, float at any level (even on the ground), and have much better control over.

Her parasol is nothing compared to her float, trying to compare the 2 is bad.

Jiggs has neither. Her gimmick is being the floatiest character in the cast. But she doesn't actually float. She likes to weave in and out.

So yea. Peach's gimmick is floating. You can argue against that as much as you want, but you will be wrong.
Ok... so how about 2 gimmicks?
Rosalina is a puppet character and has a gravitational pull.

katastrophic

Smash Cadet
NNID
katastrophic
3DS FC
3308-4726-7643
The more I look at the picture, the more I believe it's a new item. She just doesn't look like she's jumping or floating

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
I think its a random attack, like what andiminda was saying. Granted, Toad attacks whenever an attack connects with him, but still. It seems likely to me.

R0Y

Smash Master
AngryCuban you should probably delete that facebook chat attachment...

Anyway, new up-tilt I suspect. I think she's on the ground.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Yeah, I'm still thinking it's an up tilt, not an up air. Her poise seems to indicate that she's on the ground.

And she obviously isn't floating, because her body is straight.

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
Yeah, I'm still thinking it's an up tilt, not an up air. Her poise seems to indicate that she's on the ground.

And she obviously isn't floating, because her body is straight.
How can it be an up tilt when she has shown to use her up tilt already? It's the one with the heart over her head.

Rainbow is either some weird taunt, custom move or a new up air

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
You know, custom moves ? That's what I thought when I saw this move.

A taunt isn't out of the realm of possibilities, but she's already shown the three she had from Brawl, I believe ? We saw her la la la la la, her parasol twirling and I'm not sure about her suh-weet.

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
Well there's 4 directions on the pad. You can only use 3 out of 4 buttons. Left and right direction is always the same taunt. Maybe they added a 4th taunt?

Jerry Applesauce

Smash Ace
All of Peach's previous taunts have been shown to return. It could be a fourth taunt but she doesn't look like she's taunting from the look on her face. I highly doubt this is an item because she isn't holding anything and her overall appearance isn't any different from her normal looks, and her up tilt and up smashes have already been shown. It could be a diagonal up tilt/smash/aerial, but she isn't leaning enough in any particular direction to make a concrete basis for that claim.

Also, the only custom moves shown in the Direct were Special Attacks, not standard attacks, and the Special Attacks were simply similar to the originals but with altered effects (i.e. Mario's fiery Jump Punch, bigger and slower Fireball, and horizontally shot Fireballs; Kirby exhaling instead of inhaling). A rainbow isn't similar to a parasol by any means, save for how they both have to do with rain - one is created by rain, and one is made to keep one from being rained on.

With all this taken into account, we've got to conclude that this is her new up aerial.

As for her looking too awkward for it to be an up air or her looking like she's standing up, look at Link's new goofy-looking up aerial position, or recall that Zelda is kinda positioned like Peach in that photo for her up aerial.

All bases have been covered, all we can do now is maybe speculate a little more until more things are revealed or the game releases. Thanks for reading.

Last edited:
Top Bottom