• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach can wavedash! (In Brawl) (Video should work now)

Ebonyks

Smash Apprentice
Wow, i'm sort of speachless.

In the hands of a master, that's an amazing technique. That's enough to effect tier lists.

IKWYL

Smash Rookie
Wow, i'm sort of speachless.

In the hands of a master, that's an amazing technique. That's enough to effect tier lists.
Man I'm glad this hadn't been found yet. I was worried I'd end up posting this, looking like an idiot. xD

zzzzzzzzzz

Smash Cadet
i cannot see the vid, says something about not available yet cause its just posted. did u guys see the vid?

Lucrece

Smash Apprentice
Unavailable.

Anyways, do you think that this discovery might make up for the incredibly nerfed moveset of Peach's. Every time I play her I just feel aggravated after having tasted her second jump on melee.

Lucrece

Smash Apprentice
Still not working, and that goes for all the links posted in here.

The first says "Not Available;" the second says "Removed by the User."

BentoBox

Smash Master
Rofl, what NJz said.

The very same thing would happen in SSBM if you failed at timing your WDing right, you don't even need to airdodge to perform it: press downwards left/right and tap y/x. Been doing this for a while now. And it is not WDing as you can't exactly do anything while floating.

Call it short floating if anything.

BentoBox

Smash Master
This is faster than walking though (No need to pivot), and if you've played SSBM then this shouldn't be hard for you.

pirkid

Smash Lord

looduhcriss

Smash Apprentice
didnt some1 make a vid of this called "Z-Walk" or somethin?

anyway, Peach doesnt look like she will benefit out of it that much - unless ur gona attack with like Bair as soon as u float. Still though, it should just be used for spacing i guess...or maybe just roll for the spacing?

I Dub Ye Thy Movement "Spazzing Out"

FadingWings

Smash Cadet
This isn't very useful,do this in battle and the other person is going to stare at you like your having a sezuire and need shots.

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
I've been screwing with this for a while, and it is actually somewhat useful for canceling attacks out of a dash, as the animation is faster than using your shield or just stopping. My personal favorite use is doing "that" -> u-tilt; useful for stages with platforms.

Oh, and you don't need to press the R or L buttons to do this. All you're doing is floating then dropping (as previously stated). You just have to have near perfect timing.

"Spazzing out" may be useful for mindgames, as you can do any attack/ jump out of it. It actually makes the Peach bomber fairly deceptive..... though that might just be me.

Count Lupin

Smash Rookie
my question is can u do a attack right after the "wavedash" because if u cant like Redmage said earlier said it would have little value but for mind gaming

BentoBox

Smash Master
Nothing prevents you from attacking upon landing after floating.

I guess it is safe to assume that not many people knew that you could float instantly...

Count Lupin

Smash Rookie
niko my mains are peach and wolf i just put wolf as my character icon cause its alittle more appropriate for my name, im sorry for the confusion and all...

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
i tried the "peachdash" its cool and all but it kinda felt alittle awkward for moving around the stage tho... its a cool concept and i cant wait to see where it goes

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
It looks funny and all, but like the previous posters suggested, is this actually applicable in gameplay? I can't seem to do much with it. But then again, my imagination is very restrained <_<

Goddammit.

And here I was hoping to see some variety of characters in tournaments instead of the usual Fox Fox Fox and the occasional Falco. Now it's going to be Peach Peach Peach.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
This isn't gamebreaking enough to affect tiers. She's still a terrible character.

You guys get excited over nothing.

No one used M2 in melee because he was terrible. High level tournaments generally had representation from a few space animals, a couple of marths and peaches, and a climbers and a falcon...and rarely, a jigglypuff. everything else was garbage and couldn't compete. Just because peach can awkwardly space herself doesn't mean she'll move up, because she still can't kill and her recovery is nerfed.

Master Peach

Smash Ace
This isn't gamebreaking enough to affect tiers. She's still a terrible character.

You guys get excited over nothing.

No one used M2 in melee because he was terrible. High level tournaments generally had representation from a few space animals, a couple of marths and peaches, and a climbers and a falcon...and rarely, a jigglypuff. everything else was garbage and couldn't compete. Just because peach can awkwardly space herself doesn't mean she'll move up, because she still can't kill and her recovery is nerfed.
Why do people like you always have to come and say stupid **** like that. You can't say whether or not a person is good if you haven't play as that character as seriously as the rest of us have.

WE Know Peach's killing moves, WE know how to use her, WE know how to apply her. So don't come here saying that Peach is terrible if you haven't even played her seriously or played a serious Peach.

Plus another thing If you think Peach is so Terrible why the **** are you even here in this Area.

PeachFan

Smash Cadet
NNID
DelphinusV
3DS FC
2595-0710-4989
Why do people like you always have to come and say stupid **** like that. You can't say whether or not a person is good if you haven't play as that character as seriously as the rest of us have.

WE Know Peach's killing moves, WE know how to use her, WE know how to apply her. So don't come here saying that Peach is terrible if you haven't even played her seriously or played a serious Peach.

Plus another thing If you think Peach is so Terrible why the **** are you even here in this Area.
Well said Master Peach.

Top Bottom