• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach and Sheik Team?

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I went to one of Chudatz biweeklies and during friendlies (couldn't make it for doubles) my friend and I used a Peach/Sheik Team and we did quited good. Vs. a double fox team I remember having about 3 stocks left over and one of the foxes was already dead. I let my friend's Sheik take care of him while I was looking for a stichface (I never got one). They weren't techinical foxes, but then I think we fought Aero (really good jiggly player) and his partner (forgot what character he used) and we lost (considering it was my second tournament and his first we did pretty good) by about 4-6 stocks.

In order to sum up my entire post is the peach sheik team any good? Would a double Peach, a Peach-Ganon, or a Peach-Luigi team be better?

technomancer

Smash Champion
Peach/Sheik is top 5, lemmie check my notes.

Ed: top 10; top 5 are Peach/Fox, Sheik/Marth, Fox/Falco, Fox/Marth, and Fox/Puff, in no particular order (fox is too good in teams).
Peach
Sheik - 9/10 Both do solid damage-dealing, and have quick effective projectile edgeguards in needles and turnips and otherwise in their respective nairs, fairs and bairs, as well as both having pretty gay downsmashes. In this matchup, Sheik will generally act as a frontman, being the decoy and opportunist, while Peach constantly spaces and harasses the opponents with float cancels and turnips. The general idea is not to get hurt too much, and keep the pressure on. This team requires a bit of practice, but is both fluid and powerful once you get the hang of it. Sheik's space animal weakness is somewhat apparent here, however, and some losses will come from solid Fox/Fox, Fox/Falco, and Falco/Falco teams who are resistant to the pressure game and can avoid downsmashes; try to have Peach capitolize on the player focusing on Sheik, as almost all of her moves are extremely safe. This team also lacks a solid low % KO finisher and a good grab combo game, so the partners should be VERY experienced at supporting each other's edgeguards and recoveries, to prolong their lives and cut short their opponent's.

This is kinda old, I need to update it, but alot of stuff is good.

Your alternate should be Ganon; Peach edgeguards fuxmazing, so you want a good stock tank that can get people off the stage quickly and kill at low %s, and the double tank power of this team is disgusting, they seriously live for years. If you're having trouble with Jiggs (Aero's Jiggs is most likely just alot better than you guys, Aero is **** good), be patient, have the Sheik handle her, and focus on killing her off the top, because knocking Jiggs off the side is pretty pointless.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Well one of sheik's best abilities in teams is to help her partner survive, which peach doesn't really need...

King Kong

Smash Lord
This is a very solid team IMO. There are a couple of tricks my teammate and I use to help get ahead.

If Peach has a grab and Sheik is nearby throw them upwards then Sheik follows with F-air or B-air. Its soild and it gives the team some kill power (Something it generally lacks)

If Sheik has the grab have Peach float cancel an aerial into them if possible. (I have PAL so Sheik cant land aerials out of a grab) Otherwise use Sheiks up-throw into peaches N-air or B-air.

We generally make a rule to always throw upwards (Unless Peach can kill with F-throw) Its hard to land but once down it makes a huge difference.

Although Sheik wont find much use in saving Peach, peach can be intrumental in saving Sheik if she is too far out for her Up-B to reach. Floating out and hitting sheik with U-air can bring her back. (Will usually only happen on big levels like DL 64)

If edguarding a single opponent have Peach float over the edge while Sheik edgehogs. If they come from below then Sheik drops and B-airs or N-airs. Peach hits if the try to go over.

And when in doubt just both start spamming D-smash :)

I find this team to be effective but it requires both players to watch and support each other very carefully. Here is a vid of us where we use some of the tricks above, we arnt the best though http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsz7N7M1fbA

peace out

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Peach can just dair sheik after she does her vanish. Or parosol, but it's more dangerous

Top Bottom