• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PC vs Console 20xx

tsmfoxmaster

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
FGOD#520
As the title states which one is better. Should I get a pc if so what pc should I buy to get 20xx or should I get a wii and go from there

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
Console is better. Emulating it would be laggy and you need a really good PC but Wii is cheap and easier to run 20XX on.

Sudoi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Blargbla
Two sides

If you are constantly stopping and starting the game, go with Dolphin.

If you are playing for long sessions that would heat up your computer a ton, go for Wii.

If you have a bad PC, go for Wii.

If you have a great PC, and want to be able to update the ISO immediately, go for Dolphin

If you have other GCN ISOs on your PC, what are you doing? Get dolphin already /:

If your version of Dolphin doesn't have direct connect (Or you don't have a mayflash), upgrade to a newer version. If you're afraid of upgrading because of some reason, go for Wii.

If you want to play with people online, just get Netplay Melee, and then get Dolphin.

Setting up on a PC is considerably easier, but Homebrewing a wii to do this is a bit harder.
Good luck!

Masteroki

Smash Cadet
I've played on both, and if you have a good PC I recommend it. I play on my MacBook so I can travel and still play as long as I have an adapter for my remote. The Wii still does justice with home brew but I just liked PC better.

tsmfoxmaster

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
FGOD#520
Appreciate the info guys! I'm going to get a Wii and a really good crt tv. But i don't know how to homebrew a wii

VoidedSmash

Smash Rookie
Its pretty simply since the wii hasn't been updated. Just get an SD card, look up pretty much any guide and follow it from there.

Sudoi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Blargbla
Appreciate the info guys! I'm going to get a Wii and a really good crt tv. But i don't know how to homebrew a wii
PM me once you get your stuff, I'll tell you what you need in advance to do this though:
SD card of at least 2 gigs, 4 or more is preferable though (DO NOT USE SDXC. SDHC is kinda weird for homebrew apps, but other than that, you're fine. An internet connection (Isn't this redundant?). A computer with an SD card slot (or a UsB to SD card reader). A wii updated to 4.3 (US wii's work best though).

tsmfoxmaster

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
FGOD#520
I'm going to buy a Wii soon but should I get one used or new?

VoidedSmash

Smash Rookie
Assuming you can even buy them new anymore, I would go with used. The last software update was back in 2011, so you'll have no issue with updates, so installing the necessary homebrew software is easy.

Just be sure not to buy the Wii Mini.

VoidedSmash

Smash Rookie
Just look on craigslist in your area. Maybe kijiji as well. Oh and what I'm doing is spoonfeeding you, and most people don't like doing that.

tsmfoxmaster

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
FGOD#520
Thanks for the info I'm will check Craigslist for sure and lol

Sudoi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Blargbla
If you cannot find one nearby, I hate saying this, but go to GameStop. They have good condition wii's, and they may give you a game or two. They're crazy pricey tho.

ShadowKing

Smash Ace
NNID
TheShadowKing24
3DS FC
4785-7167-2769
If I may add my thoughts I believe PC is best due to its ability to play online

Sudoi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Blargbla
True, but emulation is a big strain on a budget Pc, and Wii's are cheap.

It's all about the money.

Besides, he can still use it as a game console afterwards, too. Might as well /:

tsmfoxmaster

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
FGOD#520
True, but emulation is a big strain on a budget Pc, and Wii's are cheap.

It's all about the money.

Besides, he can still use it as a game console afterwards, too. Might as well /:
Both are good but I prefer wii cause it's cheaper money wise you know.

tsmfoxmaster

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
FGOD#520
image.jpeg
One question, where can you find Sd cards like this? I'm just wondering what Sd cards are good for homebrewing a Wii. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Top Bottom