• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PAX East 2011

AKC12

Smash Journeyman
http://east.paxsite.com/

The ones running this are saying passes are going fast, so grab them while you can. $55 for all three days. $35 for an individual day. Event will take place from March 11 until March 13

They will host a Brawl tourney on Friday, from 8 PM to Midnight. For other tournaments and other events, go to schedule and click on Gaming Schedule. It's up for the taking, unless Fatal comes.

I heard last year's Pax East was a load a fun, so although expensive, it should be well worth it.

AKC12

Smash Journeyman
Wow, the tournament was just one big giant fail.

-Waiting 25 minutes just to get our bags checked in
-Doors should have opened by 8:00. We got attendance started at like 8:45
-Stand-by players get canned because of the ****ing up of entering players to the brackets, and the software not working properly, and time. Myself and another contender were unable to participate.
-Despite this, there were like 1 out of 10 players from the list of 256 who weren't there, and the guy wouldn't replace those no showers with the reserved list, despite my shout out to do so.
-Not all TVs were used, some Wii's didnt have the save data.
-During the tournament, for almost the entire time half of all the set ups were vacant.
-HD TVs. Lag was minimal but thats just wasted effort and space.
-They said pools. It never happened.
-Prizes? Just a medal for top 4. They should have implemented a 5 dollar entry fee to weed out the noobs and to never had to fill up the entire 256 slots.
-Clarity of rules. Even when matches began, the rule set wasn't clear. 1 match or out of 3? Never explained the banned stages either.

It was a free tournament so whatever. Just got word that Fatal won it unsurprisingly. Don't expect a bracket or results thread for this one lol.

SLAYERCoLdKiLr

Smash Journeyman
Who was the kid I was money matching at Pax? That was hella fun and i wanted to MM you all day but my friends wanted to go!!! ARGG it"s been awhile since i played competitive brawl, it was a good change of pace! Good games!

SLAYERCoLdKiLr

Smash Journeyman
Yo dude! good games, we should MM again if we ever meet again. Your snake is really fun to play against. Also, tell your friend to shave his beard

Top Bottom