• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pause & Play First Tourney [Asheboro, NC] Jan. 2

null55

Smash Master
If you've spent 2 years playing with the likes of someone like PP, Twitch, Cam, BEHR, etc. etc. then absolutely you should be better than someone like me, who has played with that level of people three times over the course of 6 months.
...my first tourney was HERB 2. -_-;;

i've played like 2 friendlies with DH in my life.

NCPopo

Smash Rookie
I'm not even joking, though. And there was no bait. I'm not cocky.
Hahaha.....You know what they say about first impressions? Well, you've come across as cocky due to your unfounded trash talk, and so I'm afraid I can't say you're not, because you're overly confident in your skills.

I have a little story for you, and everyone else who reads this. As you all know by now, I'm not very good at competitive Smash. At least.....not in my eyes. I'm a monster competitor, and I thrive on....well, expecting the absolute best out of myself. More often than not, the expectations are too lofty and I fail to achieve my goals. It's why I rage. It happens, I get over it.

After singles was over, I contemplated quitting Smash for good. I got embarrassed in a match I thought I had a pretty good chance at, and playing with the pro guys further reinforced the fact that I know little about the entire scope of the competitive part of the game. Being the competitive person that I am, it almost felt like a lost cause (and a waste of time) to put so much time and effort into a game that, at the highest level, is the most physically demanding and error punishing video game I've ever seen.

I still contemplated that into today, Dark Hart, until our little situation occurred in this thread. I'm not hard to get along with. You respect me, I respect you, etc. However, there were some misunderstandings between us on Saturday that, in my opinion, could have been avoided. After there were some words exchanged on this thread, you started becoming overly confident (cocky) about your skills, assuming that I'm as bad as you claim I am, and that you could beat me with any of your characters, many of which I hear are top tiers. I'll bite my tongue at that point.

I suppose I should thank you, Dark Hart, for being so kind to me. I only wish I was joking. You've given me, as we athletes (yes, I'm not that far removed from being an athlete) say, "bulletin board material". You've ignited something in me that hasn't been awake since the last time I stepped on a track. Whether you're truly cocky or not doesn't matter to me. You, sir, have taken a shot at my pride, at the force that drives me, my competitive spirit, and then try to downplay it as that you're not cocky. You have convinced me to continue to play Smash, for the benefit of the Asheboro guys, and the benefit of myself. I'll leave it at that.

So yeah. Thanks, dood.

Just know, whenever we MM, you better be ready.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
NCPopo, Dark Hart does have a good deal of experience on you. I'd recommend 0-death'ing him first stock so that he will give up/continually choke until his remaining stocks have depleted. This is a common Dark Hart trend, it always works. Gotta have that 0-death or pride-crushing gimp though or you could be in trouble.

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
Fudge I forgot to shoutout to PLUR.

PLUR- our friendlies were amazing. You really have gotten better though, no lie. I mean, this was since like summer, but that's legit. Also, you know you loved that noise I made when you were jabbing me from two sides. XD
bwahahahahaha! our matches are so good. `.... because strawberries are delicious.`
and popo, don`t worry, dark hart was comtemplating quitting smash too because he sucks. and he knows more about the game than either of us! :) <3 lucas

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
NCPopo, Dark Hart does have a good deal of experience on you. I'd recommend 0-death'ing him first stock so that he will give up/continually choke until his remaining stocks have depleted. This is a common Dark Hart trend, it always works. Gotta have that 0-death or pride-crushing gimp though or you could be in trouble.
*takes note*

dthrow -> u throw *dh techs in place* dair -> grab dthrow *dh rolls away* techchase fair -> reverse uair -> dropzone dair.

mm won. yay ganon!

good to see you're ignited popo. training with a fellow ganon next semester should be fun and interesting. i look forward to it.

edit: but it's all irrelevant, because yay's link would kick my ***

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
there is no better finish, if he goes falco that is. i just want to pull the ACE guard some time, cuz it's awesome. actually i'm playing bryan at some point today; i'll give it a shot.

Rawfuls

Smash Journeyman
Its true, although i think this might still be better than the common rawfuls trend of being over agressive and playing spacies that still get shield grabbed T.T

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
, and that you could beat me with any of your characters, many of which I hear are top tiers. I'll bite my tongue at that point.
EXPLAIN THIS, ****IT!!!!

Wow, you're a moron. I'm not good at this game, and I know it, but I know I'm better than you. That's like saying PP's cocky because he knows he can beat all of NC. Welcome to the internet, people say ****, grow up and get over it. I love how all of this started because I called you a scrub. I am glad I some how convinced you to play a game not worth playing...

btw stop tech-rolling to the left, since mr. marth player caught on before I told him you kept doing it. Also, don't take every stock you lose as a failure on your part, or some act of randomness. Shake it off, and get back on your feet; it's Melee, comebacks happen.

and popo, don`t worry, dark hart is comtemplating quitting smash too because he sucks. and he knows more about the game than either of us! :) <3 lucas
fixed

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
pp doesn't go around flaunting the fact that he can beat us, by posting about it, challenging ppl to money matches, and then calling them scrubs.

unless he's trash talking $mike/the east side. but thats all in good taste.

**** the east. (except you, wilmington...you bros are kinda cool)

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
well we'd probably call him cocky and respond accordingly, showing as much respect to him as he does us.

i'm just curious on where you get off just blasting on people who may not be as good as you, and then continue to scream about how you wanna quit because you're not good. either claim that you're good or claim that you suck; screaming about how you're better than the guy to your left, but crying about how you're worse than the guy on your right just seems like a really odd standpoint.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
I've seen the kid at 3 tournaments and played him many times. That's where I get off saying I'm better than him.

My placings at tournaments (singles at least) have been stagnant and low for as longs as I've been going. That's where I get off saying I'm not good. There's just something about singles tournaments... I don't know what it is, but I never do well. Hell this tournament Boney beat me, after which I beat him in a mm and won almost all of our friendlies (even though they don't matter...)

Whether I quit smash or not, I'm still coming to tourneys to see all of my friends and hang out. It's just getting annoying to have been playing this game for 2 years and seems like a waste of my time and money if I'm never improving enough to have it show anywhere that matters. All of these mm's I'm challenging people too are just for me to see where I actually stand within this community and to see if it's really worth it for me to keep playing. I guess you don't understand because you've just started playing. Competition in NC is just getting really stupid for me.

I've never claimed I'm good. I'm not good; I know this, and so does everyone else. That doesn't mean I'm not allowed to say whether I believe I'm better than someone or not

And where do you get off saying any **** to me, Mr. Oct 2009? You don't know me, you've never met me, and you sure as hell can't get a firm grasp of who I am by my posts on the boards.

Todd Bonney

Smash Lord
Arguing on the internet is like a Brawl tournament:

even if you win, you're still a ******.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
ACE, you are the man. that made me lol.

and dark hart...you're funny. i just thought you calling popo a moron, among other things, was unnecessary. i just wanted to see you bust out and scream and get angry and call me out.

reminds me of what someone did to pp not too long ago...

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
I'm not even angry lol, people just don't understand me and really can't until they meet me. For whatever reason no matter how I act on the boards everyone talks **** about me just because they know I'm not going to take it lightly. I'm just tired of it.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
it's because you're so small and innocent looking

@boney: oh. you can't trash talk brawl then, until you're good enough to beat me in melee :chuckle:

NCPopo

Smash Rookie
I've seen the kid at 3 tournaments and played him many times. That's where I get off saying I'm better than him.

My placings at tournaments (singles at least) have been stagnant and low for as longs as I've been going. That's where I get off saying I'm not good. There's just something about singles tournaments... I don't know what it is, but I never do well. Hell this tournament Boney beat me, after which I beat him in a mm and won almost all of our friendlies (even though they don't matter...)

Whether I quit smash or not, I'm still coming to tourneys to see all of my friends and hang out. It's just getting annoying to have been playing this game for 2 years and seems like a waste of my time and money if I'm never improving enough to have it show anywhere that matters. All of these mm's I'm challenging people too are just for me to see where I actually stand within this community and to see if it's really worth it for me to keep playing. I guess you don't understand because you've just started playing. Competition in NC is just getting really stupid for me.

I've never claimed I'm good. I'm not good; I know this, and so does everyone else. That doesn't mean I'm not allowed to say whether I believe I'm better than someone or not

And where do you get off saying any **** to me, Mr. Oct 2009? You don't know me, you've never met me, and you sure as hell can't get a firm grasp of who I am by my posts on the boards.

You're kidding, right? You've seen me at three tournies, and have played me ONE TIME legit, and it wasn't even 1v1. AND on top of that, you weren't even fighting me most of that match at all.

Supposedly we played in teams friendlies at Stongertron, but me and JMH were doing double Yoshis then just for the hell of it. If you had lost to us then, you might as well have quit Smash yourself. You can't even base your assumptions on what you saw at HERB or at Stonger, because I didn't even know how to L-cancel at HERB.

I'm tired of your pathetic attitude, trying to make yourself out to be a saint and not cocky when all you've done is divert attention from the original problem (you being an idiot and giving advice during a tournament match, which I called you out on.) and then act like you could take on anyone. You don't know whether you could beat me 1v1, but since this is the Internet, you're free to say whatever you want and try to make me out to be some failure.

I think anyone can get a pretty good idea of who you are just by reading this thread.

I'm really glad you don't represent the NC Smash community, because you are the one that needs to grow up.

BEHR

Smash Hero
Im waiting for Mike G to come in here.

I love that niggy. <3

stingers

Smash Obsessed
behr your avatar is so legit. farfetch'd for life

look at that farfetch'd evolution i found. man.

Top Bottom