• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pathways Smash XI October

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/PathwaysSmash
AllIsBrawl: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=12676
Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=241411399242486
Springfield, MO discussion thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=298346
Organizer/Host: Terral

No venue fee; tournament fees per-game will not surpass $10, but there isn't a solid plan just yet. Please bring your own controller. We are planning to start at 1:00 PM, arriving earlier than that is unwise if you don't enjoy standing around. Bringing setups (TV + console + game) or partial setups is hugely appreciated.

October will feature (MK banned) Brawl and Melee singles and doubles. Entry fees for each event will be somewhere in the range of $2-5 per player. If there is demand, we will have a SSB64 bracket on the side.

Other games may be featured on the side, such as Super Street Fighter 4. If participants want to bring a game, they should bring a full setup (TV + system + game and ideally an extension cord/power strip) for it to be played on, and we may have a single-elimination event.

If your match is on a recorded setup, please use identifying nicknames so that the one running the setup has an easier time keeping track of who is who when they are uploaded.

If you plan on showing up, it would be ideal to post here or contact Terral in advance. This is to ensure that we know how many people to expect, and won't start the brackets before everyone has arrived.

Tournaments are scheduled for the third Saturday of each month, but this may change on a monthly basis.

For the curious, there should be some kind of food and soda, and the venue has water fountains. Expect pizza, but there's a good chance we will need to pool together money.

If you think you may need to text someone, just ask and Terral can provide a cellphone number.

Venue Details

Name: Pathways United Methodist Church
Address: 1232 E. Dale Street
Springfield, Missouri, United States

Don't break anything, keep to the rooms where the tournament is in. The tournament will most likely be in the basement; facing the main parking lot, there is a dark metal door by a window and drain-thing, inside the door the basement stairs are to the left.

Rules[COLLAPSE="Brawl"]Using the newest version of the BBR Unity Ruleset, with added match-up specific rules. Meta Knight is banned, as well as Ice Climbers hand-off chain grabs (ice block reset is legal (on trial), as well as Sopo down-throw chain grab). PS2 also is removed from counter-pick.

Double elimination
3 stocks, 8 minute timer, items off/none
Best 2 of 3, 3 of 5 for finals (or 2 of 3 if players agree)

Match-up specific rules:
- If a character matchup is chosen that has a character-specific infinite or near-infinite, if the character with an infinite counter-picked the other player, the disadvantaged player may choose to reset the character selection process (they choose a different character, opponent counter-picks again; this can happen only once)
Affected:
Dedede's standing infinite (Mario, Luigi, Samus, Donkey Kong)
Marth's re-grab (Ness, Lucas)

First round of a set:
- select characters for first set
- strike out stages from starter: one player strikes two stages, other strikes three, first strikes one.
- each player may ban a stage for the set
After:
- loser chooses counter-pick stage*
- winner chooses character
- loser chooses character

- When choosing a character, multi-character slots are to be specified (ie ZSS or Samus, Shiek or Zelda); Pokemon Trainer may be randomized, and random is a legal selection

* You can't counter-pick a stage that you've already won on in the set, unless agreed upon

Starter:
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Battlefield
Castle Siege
Final Destination
Smashville
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium 1

Counterpick:
Battleship Halberd
Brinstar
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise[/COLLAPSE][COLLAPSE="Melee"]4 stocks, 8 minute timer, items off/none
Best 2 of 3, 3 of 5 for finals (2 of 3 if players agree)
Wobbling is banned

Character choice/stage selection is identical to Brawl's rules.

Starter:
Dream Land: Fountain of Dreams
Past Stages: Dream Land
Special Stages: Final Destination
Special Stages: Battlefield
Yoshi's Island: Yoshi's Story

Counter-pick:
Kanto: Pokemon Stadium
Planet Zebes: Brinstar

Doubles changes:
Starter: Pokemon Stadium
Counter: Kongo Jungle 64, Rainbow Cruise
Banned: Fountain of Dreams[/COLLAPSE][COLLAPSE="Smash 64"]5 stocks, items none
Best 2 of 3, recommended 3 of 5 for finals
DK's infinite cargo hold is banned

Starter Stages: Congo Jungle, Hyrule Castle, Dream Land
Counterpick Stage: Peach's Castle.[/COLLAPSE]Super Street Fighter 4:
Play for best of 3 best of 3, with finals being best of 5 best of 3. Double elimination. Random stage, since picking is pointless.

Cook

Smash Master
K, I really think I can/will come to this! Hype!

May even enter Melee if I'm feeling charitable. LOL.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
Awesome. Looking forward to meeting you.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
I'll try to ensure that we have at least two setups for Brawl friendlies this time during the Melee events, and we'll start Brawl toward the finals of Melee to get a head start (there will most likely be people who play both doing well in Melee, though).

Also, I've confirmed that we have the church on the 22nd.

Saffy

Smash Ace
YOU GET TO PLAY THE FIRST SONIC MAIN EVER SON

dk/olimar would be pretty awkward as a team :laugh:
why you so mad? Also I won't go dk because I don't want to 3 stock you only. I'd feel bad. I'll go metaknight and jv 4 stock you.

Also me and cook would **** in teams. DDD/ olimar team is alright.
:phone:

Saffy

Smash Ace
My metaknight was almost as good as darklinks in AZ and he was #1 on the PR!
Also you'll be too distracted by my costume to play well. :3
is anyone else dressing up? >.> I'd hate to be the only one in a dress you know.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
is anyone else dressing up? >.> I'd hate to be the only one in a dress you know.

more like you'll be too distracted by MY costume. get on fb or skype ho.

Zantetsu

Smash Master

Just don't dress up in some skimpy weaboo outfit. Remember, it's a Smash tournament.

But yes, I plan on dressing up in SOMETHING. I might be a bear.

Saffy

Smash Ace
Define skimpy. Alice in wonderland fine? It's a short dress though. I'm extremely picky with length in dresses and shorts :(. I wore it to a tournament in AZ once looool
oh and I'm not a weeaboo man.

Cook

Smash Master
I usually play MK in doubles, lol.

Unless my partner is MK.

But I can also play a couple other characters! :awesome:

Saffy

Smash Ace
Judge me from videos 2 years ago? Yeah .
Also how has everyone seen those. Atleast everythings deleted now.
Just because I did 4 dances ...
Atleast I don't talk like KONNICHIWA ROMAN CHAN. HOW ARE YOU DESU? SUCH A KAWAII DAY ISN'T IT?
Also I'm not responsible if anyone stares it's their own problem. :| no ones really approached me so I don't see a problem since apparently my other outfits were skimpy according to my parents

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Atleast I don't talk like KONNICHIWA ROMAN CHAN. HOW ARE YOU DESU? SUCH A KAWAII DAY ISN'T IT?
Also I'm not responsible if anyone stares it's their own problem. :| no ones really approached me so I don't see a problem since apparently my other outfits were skimpy according to my parents

WHAT A H0!!!

caps

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
my body is ready

(may or may not go to this, we'll see)

Zantetsu

Smash Master

Haha, don't take anything I say so seriously.

Whysoserious, Saffychan?

Also, it's funny that you refereed to me by my name rather than my alias. Most traveling players don't even do that. Props for remembering names well.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
We actually had EXTRA TVs this month, but yet again not a single Brawl player brought a TV. There was an open venue TV for a while too that just needed a Wii on it.

I am likely not going to dress up. Unless I go as Mario, in which case my taller skinnier partner must go as Luigi.

Also Roman and I will be winning teams again.

Terry

Smash Ace
My gamecube didn't even get used. Didn't seem like it was needed though.

Hope you can make it strong bad. Pretty sure I can beat you this time.

Dude, you could dress up as Marth, Ziv! All you need is a tiara and a dress.

Any ideas on what I should dress up as? ;o

Saffy

Smash Ace
High possibility I might be here, so if I go who wants to team for real? =]

Anyways I went to the costume shop today, I almost bought a pizza outfit since you know I can't wear anything skimpy, and was going to tell you guys I was bringing Pizza for everyone. :troll:

Nah for real I will bring you guys halloween cupcakes if I go :D. With sprinkles and candy corns and everything oh my!

Question. Do you guys like Chocolate or Vanilla cupcakes (Like white or dark cake batter).

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
High possibility I might be here, so if I go who wants to team for real? =]

Anyways I went to the costume shop today, I almost bought a pizza outfit since you know I can't wear anything skimpy, and was going to tell you guys I was bringing Pizza for everyone. :troll:

Nah for real I will bring you guys halloween cupcakes if I go :D. With sprinkles and candy corns and everything oh my!

Question. Do you guys like Chocolate or Vanilla cupcakes (Like white or dark cake batter).
me me me

will team for candy corn.

HOLY **** I'M GETTING CANDY CORN HERE WE'RE GONNA **** ALL TEAMS NOW

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Roman if we lose teams next month because you're too busy playing Super Marvel Street Kombat Gear vs Virtua Calibur Tatsunoko SRK 4 then I'm gonna be pissed.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
The games are so different, it won't effect anything about my smash playing. Think of it as me starting to eat breakfast.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Hope you can make it strong bad. Pretty sure I can beat you this time.
that's pretty strange, since you got 3-0'd just 3 days ago...

also Ziv & Zant you guys should be talking about going to The Big House and not about winning teams at this tourney.

Top Bottom