• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Path of Radiance: Ike Guide and Strategy Discussion

Noge

Smash Cadet
Jab1 -> dtilt "combo"
I don't think it is 100% combo, but i have seen san doing this sometimes... Is the jab cancelled somehow to get a faster dtilt? like how inputing a shield or ↓ did cancel jabs in brawl.
It looks powerful to get combos and followups going :<

I'm still in my early stages on sm4sh and I don't know a lot of basic techs/mechanics, I have played very little since brawl :((((

Zack117

Smash Rookie
Jab1 -> dtilt "combo"
I don't think it is 100% combo, but i have seen san doing this sometimes... Is the jab cancelled somehow to get a faster dtilt? like how inputing a shield or ↓ did cancel jabs in brawl.
It looks powerful to get combos and followups going :<

I'm still in my early stages on sm4sh and I don't know a lot of basic techs/mechanics, I have played very little since brawl :((((
After jab 1 I immediately hold down the control stick and wait for visual confirmation. As soon as he transitions into crouching mode I press A for dtilt.
That's the most consistent way for me to pull it off.
I usually use c stick for tilts but in this case I always go for control stick + A.

Also, I think I've read somewhere in this thread that it is generally recommended to go for jab 1 and 2 and then dtilt for fast fallers. It would be nice if the San could find the time to update the OP and include such useful information there.

Top Bottom